• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

The difference between Jauron and our man Chan

when it came to brawls in practice...

Jauron said he didn't like it because it showed a lack of discipline.

Our man Chan when asked if he talked to the team about it...

"Nah... I didn't talk about it, it's part of footbawww! You got passion about the game, it's gonna come out! Sometimes it comes out da wrong way. If it becomes an issue then you have to talk about it because it becomes an issue for a baw game and you don't want it to show up in a baw game"

I love this coach.... let the players play!!!

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-1st-Night-Practice-AM-Scuffle/cc79a5e7-a500-4f1a-9632-4e496b2e3ddc
    Last edited by Commissioner; 07-31-2010, 12:12 AM.
    Draft Gabbert at #3!
  • Bravo82
    • Aug 2008

Re: The difference between Jauron and our man Chan

I'm probably in the minority, but this kind of crap is really bush league. And I played football through high school. I just don't get it. When all my other teammates would get in a huddle before the game and bounce around and fire eachother up, I would just stand in the back and observe. I know how to play football and I don't need to act like a wild animal to prove it.

I side with Jauron here. It won't be so funny when crap like this costs us 15 yards in the regular season.
    Last edited by Bravo82; 07-31-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Bravo82
      I'm probably in the minority, but this kind of crap is really bush league. And I played football through high school. I just don't get it. When all my other teammates would get in a huddle before the game and bounce around and fire eachother up, I would just stand in the back and observe. I know how to play football and I don't need to act like a wild animal to prove it.

I side with Jauron here. It won't be so funny when crap like this costs us 15 yards in the regular season.
      I was like you .... i used to play center, and would get pissed off when my QB would want to smash helmets before the game to get pumped up.

but.... we are posting on a message board and not playing in the NFL right now.
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

I know how to play football and I don't need to act like a wild animal to prove it.
        Did you play well?

Comment

• Bravo82
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by G Wolly
          Did you play well?
          I was the best 3rd string Free Safety in the state

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Jauron was always afraid one of his prized 23 DB's in camp might get hurt.

The rest of the roster didn't matter.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Commissioner
              • Dec 2004

I was the best 3rd string Free Safety in the state
              ha... awesome..
              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                • Dec 2008

Come on Trent! I thought we were moving on from being Dick's puppet!

What's the difference between this costing us 15 yards and constant holding penalties and false starts costing us yards?? At least 15 yd personals show some toughness.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

It was a very small tussle. We had them last year as well. The only difference was in the way the coaches addressed it.

Gailey wants this team to be tougher. I like it. Gailey is pretty disciplined.

If Jauron was so good about controlling this crap than Duke Preston doesn't cost us a scoring opportunity in the New England game. And that wasn't the first time either under Jauron.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

I don't really know if things will work out with Gailey as the coach. None of us do. That stated, I sure do like the way he is doing things. Some of the things he says to the media are so refreshing compared to the corpse.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                      • Jan 2010

He mentioned having to check the tape....

Billboard to get him fired?

/endsarcasm

With that aside, lol, I really like what we see from him. He brings it back to being a mans game, not pattycake with pads. I like what I see so far, and can only hope it translates to solid play on game day.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

Deliver the hits DURING the play... not after them and not from behind.
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Fighting with your teammates is part of football. The smart teams get all that anger and hostility out early so they'll be closer together during the season. When it's time for the season, that's when you can take it out on the other team.

In high school we had this one kid. We called him Ice Man. He would always fight people. Usually people who deserved it. Got us fired up. Took practice to a whole new level.

Our LT wasn't performing up to standards one two a day. So Ice Man slugs him. A brawl ensues.

After the two separate the offense and defense start challenging eachother, hootin and hollarin.

Then we start team work and get after eachother. That LT had one of the best practices I've ever seen. Nobody got passed him. He pancaked people on run plays and dominated in the pass game.

A little skirmish can pick up the pace of practice and ignite energy in a sluggish team.

I believe Chan called practice 1 "sluggish". I'm glad they got after it on day two.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

I was the same way, I was always real calm and quiet before games, it actually bothered some of the other guys, but I'd rather do my talking on the field.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

It's okay to act insane and jump around a bit when you're on ST and are about to bust a wedge like I had to a few times.

Helps you forget about the massive concussion you might possibly get
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X