PDA

View Full Version : The difference between Jauron and our man Chan

Commissioner
07-31-2010, 12:08 AM
when it came to brawls in practice...

Jauron said he didn't like it because it showed a lack of discipline.

Our man Chan when asked if he talked to the team about it...

"Nah... I didn't talk about it, it's part of footbawww! You got passion about the game, it's gonna come out! Sometimes it comes out da wrong way. If it becomes an issue then you have to talk about it because it becomes an issue for a baw game and you don't want it to show up in a baw game"

I love this coach.... let the players play!!!

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-1st-Night-Practice-AM-Scuffle/cc79a5e7-a500-4f1a-9632-4e496b2e3ddc
(http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Trent-Edwards-on-Progressing-Early-in-Camp/67c99780-851d-41e3-9a39-5460f794574e#?id=cc79a5e7-a500-4f1a-9632-4e496b2e3ddc)

Bravo82
07-31-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm probably in the minority, but this kind of crap is really bush league. And I played football through high school. I just don't get it. When all my other teammates would get in a huddle before the game and bounce around and fire eachother up, I would just stand in the back and observe. I know how to play football and I don't need to act like a wild animal to prove it.

I side with Jauron here. It won't be so funny when crap like this costs us 15 yards in the regular season.

Commissioner
07-31-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm probably in the minority, but this kind of crap is really bush league. And I played football through high school. I just don't get it. When all my other teammates would get in a huddle before the game and bounce around and fire eachother up, I would just stand in the back and observe. I know how to play football and I don't need to act like a wild animal to prove it.

I side with Jauron here. It won't be so funny when crap like this costs us 15 yards in the regular season.

I was like you .... i used to play center, and would get pissed off when my QB would want to smash helmets before the game to get pumped up.

but.... we are posting on a message board and not playing in the NFL right now.

G Wolly
07-31-2010, 01:55 AM
I know how to play football and I don't need to act like a wild animal to prove it.

Did you play well?

Bravo82
07-31-2010, 03:54 AM
Did you play well?

I was the best 3rd string Free Safety in the state :clown:

Night Train
07-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Jauron was always afraid one of his prized 23 DB's in camp might get hurt.

The rest of the roster didn't matter.

Commissioner
07-31-2010, 05:34 AM

ha... awesome.. :beers:

kelly2reed4six
07-31-2010, 07:14 AM

Come on Trent! I thought we were moving on from being Dick's puppet!

What's the difference between this costing us 15 yards and constant holding penalties and false starts costing us yards?? At least 15 yd personals show some toughness.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2010, 07:31 AM
It was a very small tussle. We had them last year as well. The only difference was in the way the coaches addressed it.

Gailey wants this team to be tougher. I like it. Gailey is pretty disciplined.

If Jauron was so good about controlling this crap than Duke Preston doesn't cost us a scoring opportunity in the New England game. And that wasn't the first time either under Jauron.

mayotm
07-31-2010, 08:02 AM
I don't really know if things will work out with Gailey as the coach. None of us do. That stated, I sure do like the way he is doing things. Some of the things he says to the media are so refreshing compared to the corpse.

ZAZusmc03
07-31-2010, 08:53 AM
He mentioned having to check the tape....

Billboard to get him fired?

/endsarcasm

With that aside, lol, I really like what we see from him. He brings it back to being a mans game, not pattycake with pads. I like what I see so far, and can only hope it translates to solid play on game day.

Cntrygal
07-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Deliver the hits DURING the play... not after them and not from behind.

BillsWin
07-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Fighting with your teammates is part of football. The smart teams get all that anger and hostility out early so they'll be closer together during the season. When it's time for the season, that's when you can take it out on the other team.

In high school we had this one kid. We called him Ice Man. He would always fight people. Usually people who deserved it. Got us fired up. Took practice to a whole new level.

Our LT wasn't performing up to standards one two a day. So Ice Man slugs him. A brawl ensues.

After the two separate the offense and defense start challenging eachother, hootin and hollarin.

Then we start team work and get after eachother. That LT had one of the best practices I've ever seen. Nobody got passed him. He pancaked people on run plays and dominated in the pass game.

A little skirmish can pick up the pace of practice and ignite energy in a sluggish team.

I believe Chan called practice 1 "sluggish". I'm glad they got after it on day two.

JCBills
07-31-2010, 01:02 PM

I was the same way, I was always real calm and quiet before games, it actually bothered some of the other guys, but I'd rather do my talking on the field.

ServoBillieves
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM

It's okay to act insane and jump around a bit when you're on ST and are about to bust a wedge like I had to a few times.

Helps you forget about the massive concussion you might possibly get :insane: :topdog2:

SaviorEdwards
08-06-2010, 01:07 AM

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/aB1UxBuvSE-I_K9Ghztnug/football-fall-06/profile-phil-bravo.htm :scratch:

pintonick96
08-06-2010, 06:14 PM

Bro, that's prob why you're a little ***** and sat the bench. Football is an emotional game played by emotional people. If you weren't pumped to play you weren't ready, you can't just go through the motions.

This is why you sat the bench in HS and I played in college.

Philagape
08-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Come on Trent! I thought we were moving on from being Dick's puppet!

What's the difference between this costing us 15 yards and constant holding penalties and false starts costing us yards?? At least 15 yd personals show some toughness.

There is no justification for 15-yard penalties. They're just stupid.

The last buffalo fan
08-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I was the same way, I was always real calm and quiet before games, it actually bothered some of the other guys, but I'd rather do my talking on the field.

Any celebration dance after plays?

mush69
08-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I was the one in the middle! A team without a fire behind is just gonna drag, I wasn't into the banging heads and all but I did scream an holler. I got into the guys faces and watched their eyes, because you really could tell by ones eyes wether or not they were into the moment. Coaches would love that I brought that fire into the huddle.

I remember one game we just stunk up the first half, I was the last one off the field into the huddle in the endzone and went off! I got done and our coach was speachless. He had nothing to add and we went out in the second half and buried them.

I loved to get pumped up and tackle things, I have taken those experiences and used them throughout my whole life and love to be faced with a challenge.

justasportsfan
08-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Here's another difference

While Sunday might be a day off for the Bills players, it won’t be for Chan Gailey and his coaching staff.

“I didn’t know it was a day off for me,” said Gailey kiddingly when asked about Sunday. ”We don’t have practice, but it’s not a day off.”

Gailey outlined what he and his staff will be doing on Sunday.

“Breaking down the film, doing some game plan for next weekend and getting ready for practice next week,” he said.

Dick would be breaking down film AFTER a loss to see what went wrong and try to fix it for the next time they play the team that just beat them, NEXT YEAR or 2-3 years down the road.