Jets extend Ryan...really???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Jets extend Ryan...really???

This is why I don't see them doing as much as most experts think. The Jets organization is really buying into how "great" they are and this is a classic example of being overconfident. Why are you extending a coach who has just one season under his belt, a 9-7 season which they backed into the playoffs? I just don't get all the over this team? IMO, they are primed for a huge let down this year.

• mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Jets extend Ryan...really???

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    This is why I don't see them doing as much as most experts think. The Jets organization is really buying into how "great" they are and this is a classic example of being overconfident. Why are you extending a coach who has just one season under his belt, a 9-7 season which they backed into the playoffs? I just don't get all the over this team? IMO, they are primed for a huge let down this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
    He certainly appears to be on the right track, but I agree that extending him is a bit premature. I've obviously always hated the Jets because they are a division rival. However, due to all the hype they are receiving, my hatred is growing daily.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
      I can't wait to see them fall flat on their face!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

We could be wrong, but extending this guy at this point is moronic.

I'll laugh my butt off if they go 8-8.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          We could be wrong, but extending this guy at this point is moronic.

I'll laugh my butt off if they go 8-8.
          Oh, there is no doubt that I may be wrong, but I did not see anything special about that team last year, at least not to the point where that team should be getting all of this run in the media? I'm sorry, but that organization is way to full of itself right now, especially when you think that they only had 3 more wins then the Bills last year.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Oh, there is no doubt that I may be wrong, but I did not see anything special about that team last year, at least not to the point where that team should be getting all of this run in the media? I'm sorry, but that organization is way to full of itself right now, especially when you think that they only had 3 more wins then the Bills last year.
            They will likely be pretty good. They did have the #1 defense last season. In addition, you would think that Sanchez will progress. On paper, they are a good team. That stated, many in the media calling them AFCE and even Super Bowl favorites is insane.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

I think the hype is well-founded.
              There's the No. 1 defense.
              All-Pros at the most important o-line positions.
              Offense loaded with weapons.
              Sanchez played well in the playoffs as they went to AFC title game.
              Where's the weakness?

Bills fans just being homers again.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mikey82
                I can't wait to see them fall flat on their face!
                I can't wait to see their defense to put Brady flat on his face.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  I think the hype is well-founded.
                  There's the No. 1 defense.
                  All-Pros at the most important o-line positions.
                  Offense loaded with weapons.
                  Sanchez played well in the playoffs as they went to AFC title game.
                  Where's the weakness?

Bills fans just being homers again.
                  Sorry, but where are the proven weapons on offense??? Sanchez was crap last year, Edwards has been average his entire career except one year and they got rid of their best RB. Holmes was a nice pickup from the Steelers, but please, your a little off base...and anybody on this board knows that I am not a homer. I would argue, besides the defense, where are they so strong??? They have a lot of unknowns that people are just assuming will be good...i.e. - Sanchez, RB, WR and so on. It isn't as much of a pretty picture as some like to make it out to be.
                  Last edited by Nighthawk; 07-31-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I'm expecting the Jets to crash-and-burn.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

I think they will content for the division at least. They might not be super bowl material but time is the only thing that will tell that. It depends alot on Sanchez and the running game. If Sanchez plays well consistantly and they can keep producing on the ground minus the fellow (Jones) who led them in rushing then I think they do really well. Thats alot of "if's" in this league though.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

I think they'll do about the same as last year, maybe 10-6. Sanchez will hold them back, imo. I don't know their roster terribly well, but they're pretty solid at all positions at the least. If injuries occur anywhere besides NT and the secondary, depth may become an issue. Sione Pouha actually improved the defense when he came in for the injured Kris Jenkins.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Jets are a bunch of idiots, but at least they extended a coach that almost got them to the superbowl...We resigned Jauron after having a winning record during the regular season. Now that's stupid!
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Luisito23
                            Jets are a bunch of idiots, but at least they extended a coach that almost got them to the superbowl...We resigned Jauron after having a winning record during the regular season. Now that's stupid!
                            And a winning record through 6 games at that.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Sorry, but where are the proven weapons on offense??? Sanchez was crap last year, Edwards has been average his entire career except one year and they got rid of their best RB. Holmes was a nice pickup from the Steelers, but please, your a little off base...and anybody on this board knows that I am not a homer. I would argue, besides the defense, where are they so strong??? They have a lot of unknowns that people are just assuming will be good...i.e. - Sanchez, RB, WR and so on. It isn't as much of a pretty picture as some like to make it out to be.
                              Some people don't need what others define as "proven" to form an opinion.
                              They got better as the season went on, they came within one game of the Super Bowl, and it's reasonable to believe they'll be better. Sanchez played like a rookie during the season but showed promise in the playoffs with four TDs and just two picks, all on the road. Shonn Greene ran for 263 yards in two playoff victories (any RB could do well behind that line anyway). They were wise to dump Jones before he broke down, which is inevitable. I'll take Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery as my receivers anyday.
                              The rhetoric here reminds me of some of the same bashing of the Patriots. If people disagree about the Jets, that's their right, but there is substance behind the hype.
                              Last edited by Philagape; 07-31-2010, 02:51 PM.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X