X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Why we suck: McKelvin, Hardy, Poz, Lynch, Maybin, McCargo, Whitner

For all the ripping on Edwards let's remember he was drafted in the 3rd round to be a backup and sit on the bench.

Look at the other guys:

Leodis McKelvin: 1st round pick that so far has been average at best.

James Hardy: 2nd round pick who has had zero impact on the field

Poluzney: 2nd round pick that has played average at best

Lynch: 1st round pick that was useless last year

Maybin: 1st round pich that hasn't seen the field

McCargo: 1st round pick that I can't believe he is still here

Whitner: 1st round bust.

You can all argue the merits of each player but not one of them has come close to playing where they got drafted. How Modrak is still here is mind-boggling.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Why we suck: McKelvin, Hardy, Poz, Lynch, Maybin, McCargo, Whitner

Dude will you give it a break already. Lets see what these players could do in a real system that is about football and not wearing dresses like the Jauron ***** era. Lets talk about whats going on and see what this team brings us THIS YEAR not PAST YEARS!

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

What does Edwards sucking have anything to do with any of those players? BTW.......Every player you listed gets ripped on this board, some of them bigtime!

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

The OP as a point ... you can't afford to continually miss on 1st rounders.

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

And you can't constantly hire the Dick Jauron's as your head coach.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            For all the ripping on Edwards let's remember he was drafted in the 3rd round to be a backup and sit on the bench.

Look at the other guys:

You can all argue the merits of each player but not one of them has come close to playing where they got drafted. How Modrak is still here is mind-boggling.
            Modrack was & is a scout period. He was not & is not responsible for the drafting of any player.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown
              The OP as a point ... you can't afford to continually miss on 1st rounders.

Absolutely! We've had that discussion a hundred times here. The Bills drafting has been terrible. Still have nothing to do with Trent Edwards. The thread starter seems to want people to not rip Trent for sucking because guys that were drafted higher than him suck too.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

So, what's everyone doing for lunch ?
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                  So, what's everyone doing for lunch ?

Grillin dogs and burgers. You?

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                    Grillin dogs and burgers. You?
                    Outstanding. Great grilling day in WNY.

I had Salen dogs last night and may throw a steak on this afternoon. Split chicken breasts tonight.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

This isn't about or trying to defend Edwards. He's got pleanty of his own issues. My point is that alot of people are focusing on QB when if all of our high draft picks were panning out we wouldn't be so far in this predicament.

I just named 7 players that were picked in rounds 1 and 2 that are not helping us win.

Out of that entire group only Whitner has seen the field on a regular basis. How pathetic is that?

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

This isn't about or trying to defend Edwards. He's got pleanty of his own issues. My point is that alot of people are focusing on QB when if all of our high draft picks were panning out we wouldn't be so far in this predicament.

I just named 7 players that were picked in rounds 1 and 2 that are not helping us win.

Out of that entire group only Whitner has seen the field on a regular basis. How pathetic is that?
                        You are out of your friggin' mind. Most of the players you listed get regularly bashed around here. Must be the days you are on the Pats message board.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

The Levy-Jauron era is a lost decade for the franchise.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Look at the other guys:

McKelvin- Probably better suited to play man coverage in the 3-4. Showed a lot of promise his rookie season and even some last year before he got hurt. Here we go again with putting a young player in the dog house because he's missed time due to injury. Not every player comes into this league as a pro bowler. I guarantee you if he stays healthy this season you'll be forced to take this comment back.

James Hardy-Of course he has made zero impact on the field. He hasn't been on it. Injuries have hampered his growth. I'm not really high on Hardy, but give the kid some more time. He was out all last season with a leg injury.

Poz- Are you really going to attack one of the more consistent guys on this roster? When healthy, Poz is a beast. A lot of people will agree that he may have a monster season this year in the 3-4.

Lynch- Can't argue with you there. He WAS useless last season. But by all indications from camp so far he came ready to ball this year. I dislike Lynch for his off the field issues and lack of passion last season, but he is still a 1,000 yard rusher and a pro bowl guy. I wouldn't put him on this list just yet. Let's see what he can do this season with all this pressure to achieve.

Maybin- Was a 21 year old rookie last season who was under sized and drafted into the wrong system. Of course he hasn't seen the field. BTW, this is year two. It's not like he's been in this league for 5 years and hasn't gotten on the field.

Here is some reading for you. Looks like he's finally making some plays with pads on. I remember last off season he made plays in rookie camp, not much in training camp, one or two in preseason. I hope a year older and a system he was built for will help him to see the field and have some success.

During 11-on-11 team work, the defensive ends were getting a consistent burst off the ball and putting pressure on all four quarterbacks. Most impressive was Aaron Maybin, who was effectively dipping his inside shoulder to slip underneath the offensive tackles he faced through the course of practice.
                            Maybin had a ‘would be’ sack on Edwards, got another pressure leaving the opposing tackle on his seat to force an incompletion.

Aaron Maybin was in the backfield frequently, and tackles Jamon Meredith and Ed Wang were among those who took their lumps.

Some four-man line here, with Maybin at end. Really got into Wang.
                            Working on some blitz stuff now. Had Maybin practically in the slot, slid in, blitzed. He moves well.
                            twitter.com/BrianGalliford

One practice means nothing, but its good to see signs of life from this 22 YEAR OLD. Young guy. Plenty of time to mature, learn discipline and succeed in the NFL.

McCargo- Only guy on your little list I have no problems with being on there. McCargo is a bust. If you must use that word. But quit throwing it around so loosely. Some of the players you call busts actually see the field, or are young enough and have shown enough to possibly contribute.

Whitner- May be a lot of things, but a bust he is not. Has consistently seen playing time since his rookie season. Not a pro bowler, but solid enough to start. He hasn't been a liability, but he hasn't been an all star. Had we picked him 10-15 spots lower than 8th overall nobody would be on his case. He is not a bust. A bust can't see the field or start or even contribute. Whitner does those things. Does he live up to 8th overall? No. But he isn't awful like people say he is.

I'd say give these players some more time. Whitner and McCargo are the only ones you've listed that are what they are and probably won't change. A solid, yet not a pro bowl starting safety and a bust.

The rest of the guys are still young. So come off it. These threads are getting annoying.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                              You are out of your friggin' mind. Most of the players you listed get regularly bashed around here. Must be the days you are on the Pats message board.
                              Wow, talk about taking something out of context. Read it again their bucko. I said that alot of people feel that a fix at QB will cure many of our woes when the issues run much deeper.

Where did I say these players get a free pass on this board?

Comment

Working...
                              X