PDA

View Full Version : I am reluctant to say it.....but I'm starting to Billeve

Ground Chuck
07-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I like Chan

I think we can't tell anything about the QB's from last year as we did not have professional coaching. I want to Billeve that Edwards can come back. He looks to be throwing with a lot more zip than before, and he looks to be having fun.

I like that the line went after that POS Maybin.

I think Easley is gonna be a player.

I even think that the 3-4 is gonna work.

Night Train
07-31-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm starting to believe this is finally heading in the right direction but not blind to the growing pains of the first year.

The roster still needs work. See QB.

Ground Chuck
07-31-2010, 09:40 AM
They keep showing that Clemson Georgia Tech game on ESPN Classic. Spiller is unbelievable.

I think we could run a killer wildcat that would make Miami look like they are standing still.

PromoTheRobot
07-31-2010, 09:43 AM
No...don't look at the light! Stay miserable.

PTR

mayotm
07-31-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm starting to believe this is finally heading in the right direction but not blind to the growing pains of the first year.

The roster still needs work. See QB.Agreed. I'm not sure it's going to translate into more wins this season, but I do think there is more of a direction than recent years. I think at this time next year (assuming there is football), many of us will be pretty excited about the upcoming season.

Saratoga Slim
07-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Agreed. I'm not sure it's going to translate into more wins this season, but I do think there is more of a direction than recent years. I think at this time next year (assuming there is football), many of us will be pretty excited about the upcoming season.

I agree. And with typical Buffalo karma....there'll be a labor lockout and we won't have a 2012 season.

THATHURMANATOR
07-31-2010, 10:04 AM
I definitely believe we won't be a 3 win team like some people think but I dont' yet billeave that we will be good enough to make the playoffs.

SIGN SPILLER FOR CHRIST SAKE!

cpearl
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I tend to be optimistic this time of year because, hey, anything can happen, right? New year, new possibilities.

And I know we are rebuilding. Yet I keeping thinking back to how bad we were the last couple seasons from a talent and coaching level and we still were jn most of our games and should have won 2-3 more per year. Based on that alone, we should be optimistic. Because this coaching staff is teaching the team to play to win. Not play to almost win, aka, Jauron-Ball.

BillsWin
07-31-2010, 10:20 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Gailey got an above average running game and some semblance of a QB out of this offense.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a team that went 6-10 under Jauron go 8-8 under Gailey.

It wouldn't surprise me if we were in the playoffs next season.

I billieve in Nix more than Gailey, but Gailey is a breathe of fresh air compared to Jauron. I hope it translates on the field.

I also hope we draft a stud QB next year.

raphael120
07-31-2010, 10:36 AM
If I see anything about 7-9 Ill be pleasantly surprised.

Honestly, I dont care about wins, I just want us to be competitive. I want us to see a fundamental chance in this team. No dink and dunks, no stupid penalties, less 3 and outs, etc..

DrGraves
07-31-2010, 11:43 AM
cmon everyone neg him for being positive!

Nighthawk
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM

The roster still needs work. See QB.

I've been a Chan backer from the beginning and think he will be a pleasant surprise to many fans. That being said, this team will be much more entertaining this year, but will still struggle because of the holes that we still need to fill.

PromoTheRobot
07-31-2010, 12:45 PM
All I will say is we are going to see how good these players can be with competent coaching.

PTR

HHURRICANE
07-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I still think our o-line is going to just awful and I think this will be our downfall. No QB or RB is going to do well behing a crappy line.

I do believe that Gailey is what this team needed. I love his honesty. Calling any player "average" is just funny as crap. Yes, he talked him a little bit after the comment but it sends a message that no one is getting a free pass.

I'm excited to see how a real HC runs a team. It's alot easier to get frustrated at the talent than watching Jauron fumble his way around a game.

Ground Chuck
08-01-2010, 10:37 AM
All I will say is we are going to see how good these players can be with competent coaching.

PTR

See that's the thing. We won 6 games, and blew how many other close games? Pats, Browns, off the top of my head.

With competent coaching, who knows? Spiller and Easley will make a huge difference too.

We could easily be the team that comes out of no where.

Cleve
08-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I'll start to 'Billeve' after a 0.500 or better season record. I believe Nix and Gailey are indeed positive benefits for the team - unfortunately Wilson and Brandon still control the team and could definitely prove to be obstacles in building any sort of championship momentum. Wilson's decision making will become increasingly random, erratic, and illogical with each passing year, which is typical for a person in their 90s. Brandon's expertize in marketing doesn't provide him any special ability or knowledge of football operations - but I sincerely doubt he won't be Mr. Buttinski when it comes to those aforementioned operations.

better days
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I'll start to 'Billeve' after a 0.500 or better season record. I believe Nix and Gailey are indeed positive benefits for the team - unfortunately Wilson and Brandon still control the team and could definitely prove to be obstacles in building any sort of championship momentum. Wilson's decision making will become increasingly random, erratic, and illogical with each passing year, which is typical for a person in their 90s. Brandon's expertize in marketing doesn't provide him any special ability or knowledge of football operations - but I sincerely doubt he won't be Mr. Buttinski when it comes to those aforementioned operations.

Brandon seems to be quite intelligent. I think he will leave the football stuff up to the experts Nix & Gailey.

I agree about Ralph, hopefully he won't meddle.

mightysimi
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I billieve every year. However it usually only takes me about an hour of the first game to start swearing at my TV. Hopefully this is the year that I can see a way ahead. I don't need wins but I do need progress and improvement. The last few years we were just spinning our wheels. Right now I have the feeling we are on the right path but only time will tell.

ddaryl
08-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I always begin to believe at this point of the season... but I know from the past that I need to wait to see some preseason games before I can honestly say we are heading in the right direction...

but I like the Gailey and Nix beginnings here in 2010

justasportsfan
08-02-2010, 09:23 AM
my optimism only goes a far as saying , we will surprise but not good enough to compete for a playoff spot.

HAMMER
08-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I Billieve we will suck unless our O-Line takes a monumental leap forward.

zone
08-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I Billieve we will make the playoffs.

djjimkelly
08-03-2010, 12:06 PM
i believe this defense is gonna surprise people in a big way!

however i dont think we will be able to move the ball we will hit big plays here and there because of the speed evans and spiller bring but there will be zero consistency on O for multiple reasons