X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Playmakers/Notes from 7/30 Night Practice

Stevie Johnson looked very good catching the ball, especially on the intermediate routes. He shields himself from DBs who are right on him, even had a great move to make the DB trip himself up and Stevie took it for a would be TD. My boy is gonna do big things this year, bank on it!

Roscoe Parrish also looks like I have never seen before after many practices I have seen over the years. He is going to be great in the slot if we can get him the ball.

ALL of the RBs looked great, especially Bell and Simpson, man those dudes are fast. Lynch had some nice runs as did Fred Jackson who I think will be the "starter".

Also thought Maybin had a great practice as did Chris Ellis.

I focused mostly on offense since that has been the weakest part of the team and have to admit, Trent looked far better than Fitzpatrick. Brohm was hard to tell because he was 3rd after taking all 2nd reps in the closed AM practice, although the ball from Brohm looked better than Trent, but his accuracy was questionable, although WR's kept dropping and tipping passes up into the air.

The Bills did not really warm up prior to practice which was interesting nor did they do a "group warmup". About 20 minutes into practice, they broke into groups and did workouts separately based on position it appeared.

A lot of 4 WR formations in which we passed and ran out of.

I thought our tackles were pretty bad last night, in live situations there would have been a ton of sacks...not sure if thats Green or Meredith, or both.

• acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Playmakers/Notes from 7/30 Night Practice

Bell fast?

How did that happen?

Originally posted by homeslice5484
    Stevie Johnson looked very good catching the ball, especially on the intermediate routes. He shields himself from DBs who are right on him, even had a great move to make the DB trip himself up and Stevie took it for a would be TD. My boy is gonna do big things this year, bank on it!

Roscoe Parrish also looks like I have never seen before after many practices I have seen over the years. He is going to be great in the slot if we can get him the ball.

ALL of the RBs looked great, especially Bell and Simpson, man those dudes are fast. Lynch had some nice runs as did Fred Jackson who I think will be the "starter".

I focused mostly on offense since that has been the weakest part of the team and have to admit, Trent looked far better than Fitzpatrick. Brohm was hard to tell because he was 3rd after taking all 2nd reps in the closed AM practice, although the ball from Brohm looked better than Trent, but his accuracy was questionable, although WR's kept dropping and tipping passes up into the air.

The Bills did not really warm up prior to practice which was interesting nor did they do a "group warmup". About 20 minutes into practice, they broke into groups and did workouts separately based on position it appeared.

A lot of 4 WR formations in which we passed and ran out of.

I thought our tackles were pretty bad last night, in live situations there would have been a ton of sacks...not sure if thats Green or Meredith, or both.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
      Bell fast?

How did that happen?
      Never been caught from behind on a run....
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr Bills
        • Jan 2010

Man this oline is f'ed. If likes of maybin, ellis, coleman are doing good and getting constant pressure, we gonna have no chance against real OLBs once the regular season starts.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Any words on Hardy?

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr Bills
            Man this oline is f'ed. If likes of maybin, ellis, coleman are doing good and getting constant pressure, we gonna have no chance against real OLBs once the regular season starts.
            This is the beauty of training camp. If the offense makes good plays, everybody can ***** about the defense. If the defense makes plays, everybody can ***** about the offense. It's really a win win for the people who like to *****.

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

Not sold on Parrish stepping up. Remember a few years ago at camp he looked like a superstar. Too bad he never has been a factor in the real games.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by baalworship
                Not sold on Parrish stepping up. Remember a few years ago at camp he looked like a superstar. Too bad he never has been a factor in the real games.
                Parrish is too small. Period.

The o-line scares me but after watching the video it looked like guys were missing assignments. Brohm or Fitzpatrick will be playing early this season if they don't fix that quick.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Parrish is too small. Period.

The o-line scares me but after watching the video it looked like guys were missing assignments. Brohm or Fitzpatrick will be playing early this season if they don't fix that quick.
                  Well, let's not jump to conclusions either. There are alot of backups playing in that midst. Hangartner, Wood and Green have looked pretty good. Levitre looked bad last year too and then got better as the season went on. We need Bell to do a full recover and stay healthy. Otherwise, we may indeed be in trouble on the left side. But it's also merely the start of camp and the 1st 2 days should not be indicative of what will be the final product on the field. Meredith and Wang can get better.

At the very least, I like that they are getting ALOT of exposure to the 3-4 so they won't be like deer in the headlights when we face the Patriots, Jets and Dolphins as well as most of the teams in the NFL.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by homeslice5484

A maybin sighting..... !!!!

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Never been caught from behind on a run....
                      Wow then great find he was super productive...but lacked NFL speed.

Makes M Lynch very expendable...but not for less then a starting player or a #2.
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                      X