PDA

View Full Version : Key to 2010 Defense

acehole
07-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Pass rush progress
The offense carried most of the play in the morning practice Friday, but there was an element of Buffalo’s defense that took a noticeable step up in effectiveness in the night practice and that was the unit’s pass rush.
During 11-on-11 team work, the defensive ends were getting a consistent burst off the ball and putting pressure on all four quarterbacks. Most impressive was Aaron Maybin, who was effectively dipping his inside shoulder to slip underneath the offensive tackles he faced through the course of practice.
Maybin had a ‘would be’ sack on Edwards, got another pressure leaving the opposing tackle on his seat to force an incompletion. Also tallying a pair of quarterback pressures was rookie <NOBR sizset="143" sizcache="62" jQuery1280591383438="107">Antonio Colemanhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/antonio-coleman/8916cf03-7d4a-4d96-b3e9-4d5a1883aa6a/)</NOBR>, who has an impressive first step. Coleman got into the backfield on back-to-back plays to disrupt the timing of the offense’s passing game.
Alex Carrington had a pressure as he got around the opposing tackle effectively and Chris Ellis had a pressure as well. Head coach Chan Gailey felt the unit’s pass rush took a step up.
“I thought our guys rushed the passer pretty well,” Gailey said. “They got off on the ball better tonight than they have before. I thought there was some quickness. I have to watch the tape, I hate to single out people but I thought there were some good things.”

Mr. Pink
08-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Key to defense?

Hoping our mostly non 3-4 players on the DLine can eat space, tie up blockers and allow the LBers to have some free roam to make plays in the running game.

If not, we're gonna see how well Donte and Jairus can tackle frequently.

Buffalogic
08-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Key to defense?

Hoping our mostly non 3-4 players on the DLine can eat space, tie up blockers and allow the LBers to have some free roam to make plays in the running game.

If not, we're gonna see how well Donte and Jairus can tackle frequently.We've already seen how well they tackle and it's not good. If were relying on our safeties to stop the running game we may as well quit already.

YardRat
08-01-2010, 06:01 AM
I have to agree with FTY...the key is going to be the front seven stuffing the run.