PDA

View Full Version : Impact Players-Pick a Trifecta

YardRat
08-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Three players you expect to make an impact this season for the Bills, or just three of your favorites...One each - rookie, veteran, free agent.

I'm going all defense...

Rookie-Torrel Troup
Veteran-Donte Whitner
Free Agent-Dwan Edwards

JCBills
08-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Rookie - Torrell Troup
Veteran - Paul Posluszny
Free Agent - Andra Davis

I think because of these three, our run D will look nothing like last season.

HHURRICANE
08-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Impact players:

Rookie: Spiller
Veteran: Kyle Williams
Free Agent: Cornell Green

BillsWin
08-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Rookie - Torell Troup
Veteran - Paul Posluszny
Free Agent - Dwan Edwards

All defense. I think Dwan Edwards was an awesome, awesome pick up in free agency.

I think Poz is going to light it up this season, and I love the early reports on Troup's athleticism and technique. Plus, he's a big man. I'm hoping he has an impact on our deplorable run D.

mightysimi
08-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Rookie - Spiller
Veteran - Wood
Free Agent - Edwards

I think Wood is a beast and Spiller should have the most opportunities and agree that Dwan Edwards was a good pick up.

mikemac2001
08-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Rookie- Spiller
Vet - Mckelvin
FA - Dwan edwards (not alot to pick from)

I think our DB's will be huge this year. as long as we get a little presser

NOT THE DUDE...
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
spiller
mckelvin
maybin

ServoBillieves
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Rookie: Carrington
Veteran: Schouman
FA: Davis

I think mid-season Carrington gets a lot more snaps and disrupts the O-Lines.

Jersey1031
08-01-2010, 12:36 PM
spiller
poz
davis

mightysimi
08-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Rookie: Carrington
Veteran: Schouman
FA: Davis

I think mid-season Carrington gets a lot more snaps and disrupts the O-Lines.

Ballsy pick with Schouman. Maybe if the title of the thread was players most likely to look good but then suffer season ending injury...

:chuckle:

psubills62
08-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Rookie - Torell Troup
Veteran - Paul Posluszny
Free Agent - Dwan Edwards

These I agree with.

I think Carrington will get a little PT this, and will develop into a very good DE. Spiller is a definitely possibility for an impact rookie, but won't have as many opportunities since we're loaded at RB. I think Davis will have an impact that won't necessarily show in his play (i.e. mentoring and leadership).

There are a lot of guys who I'd like to see make an impact, but I think these three will prove themselves during this season. Carrington, Easley, Batten, Moats should all prove themselves in a season or two.

Other candidates for veteran impact player: Steve Johnson, Wood, Hangartner, Byrd

Homegrown
08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Rookie : Spiller
Veteran : Poz
Free Agent : not much to choose from ...Edwards

OpIv37
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Rookie : Spiller
Veteran : McKelvin
Free Agent : Andra Davis

I think people picking Poz are underselling Davis- if Poz does well in this D, it will be at least partially due to the fact that he learned the 3-4 quickly from Davis.

I was tempted to pick Shawn Nelson because I think he's going to catch a lot of balls from Captain Checkdown, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see him lined up at WR due to the situation at that position. But I really think McKelvin is the best one-on-one CB on this team and the 3-4 will highlight that.

tampabay25690
08-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Three players you expect to make an impact this season for the Bills, or just three of your favorites...One each - rookie, veteran, free agent.

I'm going all defense...

Rookie-Torrel Troup
Veteran-Donte Whitner
Free Agent-Dwan Edwards

TROUPPPP
Fred Jackson
Chad Jackson

Mr. Pink
08-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Rookie - Spiller
Veteran - Moorman
FA - none

Dujek
08-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Rookie - Troup
Veteran - Shawn Nelson
FA - Davis

Troup needs to make a big impact right out of the blocks, and I think he has the ability to do so.
Nelson will get plenty of touches, no matter who our QB is, both as an outlet valve, and as a genuine threat over the middle, we could even see him split out as a receiver to try and create some matchup issues.
Davis is a good addition to the team, and hopefully can bring the rest of the LBs along with him. If he plays well, and can help Poz transition to a 3-4 ILB, then that could be the biggest impact any player has on the Bills this year.

DraftBoy
08-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Rookie-Batten
Vet-Nelson
FA-Davis

I think Batten will be a ST ace this year and be key in helping nullify opposing teams yardage and field position.

Nelson will be top 2 in receptions this season.

Davis will be a stabilizing force as the only LB to ever play in a 3-4.