• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Training Camp Report: 7/31/2010

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery - Saturday, July 31, 2010
    Yesterday was the third day of the Buffalo Bills Training Camp and the first weekend practice. As expected, the crowd was bigger than the first day. Saturday afternoon practices always draw well for the most part. The team had just one practice and it was another full pad session, as it looked like Chan Gailey is sticking with what he said and getting the players used to contact. This is a far cry from what we are used to, over the last few years. As always, the team worked on several drills individually and then spent time on punt return coverage, field goals and of course the 9-on-9, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills.

The team started out the day working on gap assigments and making sure all the players knew where to line up. They then worked with their individual units and I watched the defensive backs and linemen. For the DB drills, the coaches had the players practice their routes and then used the blocking sled. Bryan Scott had the best hit of the day when he leveled the dummy and moved it back several yards. The players then worked on catching the ball from the jugs machine. For the most part, the players were very good at catching the ball. Donte Whitner, Ellis Lankster and Lydell Sargeant dropped at least one. I also kept an eye on the blocking drills. Aaron Maybin struggled with blocking Shawn Nelson a couple times. Chris Ellis made some nice blocks and shoved Marcus Easley out of his way once. Andra Davis contained Corey McIntyre easily on his chance. Danny Batten made a nice block against Michael Matthews. Alex Carrington also made a sweet move to get around Antonio Coleman........

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archi...rt_7312010.php
    Last edited by Michael82; 08-01-2010, 11:38 AM.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: BillsZone Training Camp Report: 7/31/2010

As always, I appreciate any comments or questions.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Oh and here's the photos....

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Thanks for the report again, Mikey. I like hearing the specific plays (instead of just the "highlights" according to CB). I also enjoyed the optimism at the end and hearing how different things are from Jauron.

I don't think it will show in the record this year, but in the 2nd and 3rd year I believe we'll see the most difference between Gailey and Jauron.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I love how this one came out....

and this one....

And this one is my favorite....

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
            Thanks for the report again, Mikey. I like hearing the specific plays (instead of just the "highlights" according to CB). I also enjoyed the optimism at the end and hearing how different things are from Jauron.

I don't think it will show in the record this year, but in the 2nd and 3rd year I believe we'll see the most difference between Gailey and Jauron.
            No problem! I couldn't agree more. I'm excited about this season, but realistic. However, I think that with one year under their belts, 2011 is the year this team will finally make some noise.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Nice job Mikey.........Thanks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

awesome jon Mikey.

If Joique Bell impresses in preseason games, someone is gonna snag him from the practice squad.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  awesome jon Mikey.

If Joique Bell impresses in preseason games, someone is gonna snag him from the practice squad.
                  He may not even be on our PS. In the past Gailey has brought 6 or more RB/FB on his active roster. With us not really having a solid FB option like he had in Dallas with Moose, I think we may carry 4 RB's.

Speaking of which, Mikey who are the main kick returners? And any notes on Harvey?
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    He may not even be on our PS. In the past Gailey has brought 6 or more RB/FB on his active roster. With us not really having a solid FB option like he had in Dallas with Moose, I think we may carry 4 RB's.

Speaking of which, Mikey who are the main kick returners? And any notes on Harvey?
                    Haven't seen the kick returners yet...just the punt returners. I'll let you know. As for Harvey...I haven't followed him much. But he hasn't done anything negative.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

It sounds like under Edwards and Brohm our offense is getting some plays done through the air. Maybe if we had a left tackle we'd actually keep some drives alive. For every big play you mentioned there was a sack right after.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        No problem! I couldn't agree more. I'm excited about this season, but realistic. However, I think that with one year under their belts, 2011 is the year this team will finally make some noise.
                        Agreed. I expect 5 or 6 wins this year, but definite improvement in 2011.

In post #5, the second picture, it looks like the guy on the opposite side of the DL is offsides. Though it may just be your camera angle. Any idea who that is?
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Homegrown
                          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                          • Jul 2008

Mikey82 FTW !!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                            It sounds like under Edwards and Brohm our offense is getting some plays done through the air. Maybe if we had a left tackle we'd actually keep some drives alive. For every big play you mentioned there was a sack right after.
                            I'm hoping Bell can heal and stay healthy. The team is definitely counting on him.

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

Thanks Mike, great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X