PDA

View Full Version : Nic Harris=Jim Leonhard part 2????

hdeep9213
08-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Is the cutting of Nick Harris going to be the same sit. as Jim Leonhard??Leave Buffalo and have your career sky rocket??? IMO whenever Nick got on the field I felt like he made a good impression ie. ATL game...he was solid in ST and thought he could be a solid ILB for the Bills..he had upside..I have a sick feeling in my stomach that he is going to get picked up on another team, make it to the starting line up and be a solid contributor to the defense..Jim Leonhard got no love in Buffalo and look at him now..solid starter in both Balt. and NYJ...

Canadian'eh!
08-01-2010, 01:01 PM
I won't get into my feelings on the Bills, hence i don't post really anymore. But This move made me have to say something.

I we VERY impressed with Harris last season. I could not figure out why he was so low on the depth chart. He was ALWAYS around the ball when he got on the field, despite Jauron's efforts to keep him off it.

To me that signified that he was clearly working hard to understand what his job was, and had a legit future. He was miles ahead of anything is saw from Mitchell, Ellis, Maybin, Ellison and any of the other rejects they kept throwing out there.

I would not be at all surprised for some team to end up with him and discover he has some serious talent.

Unless he is very injured with no hope of recovering fully, then I don't understand this move by the Bills. Of course, maybe he just didn't fit in. Being a LB with size that cold actually tackle after all.

Homegrown
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
You mean the Jim Leonhart with 4 career INTS?

Jest can keep him as a starter :ill:

justasportsfan
08-01-2010, 01:36 PM
You mean the Jim Leonhart with 4 career INTS?

Jest can keep him as a starter :ill:
INT"s isn't everything .Leonard plays very well as a SS. He's been very good at the LOS. He's made plays in the post season with the jets.

hdeep9213
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
well donte whitner has all of 4 ints and he was a top 10 pick and has been our starter for the past 3 seasons..just saying..

YardRat
08-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I wish Nic Harris the best...as long as it isn't with the Jets, Patriots, or Dolphins.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Jim Leonhard is an average player with a good attitude and work ethic. He's been on some great defenses; he wasn't a factor in making them great. Harris looked promising last year, but his size is suited for a Tampa-2, and he's injured. He'll probably have to learn to play safety in the NFL to make it.

Homegrown
08-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Jim Leonhard is an average player with a good attitude and work ethic. He's been on some great defenses; he wasn't a factor in making them great. Harris looked promising last year, but his size is suited for a Tampa-2, and he's injured. He'll probably have to learn to play safety in the NFL to make it.

Well said, Good Sir!:bf1:

dasaybz
08-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Harris is hurt and he was taking up a roster spot. I have no problem with cutting him loose.

Canadian'eh!
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM

As opposed to Ellison and all the other "huge" Lb's the Bills have?

Canadian'eh!
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Leonhard is also a good punt returner.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 03:19 PM
As opposed to Ellison and all the other "huge" Lb's the Bills have?
Ellison is probably going to be cut in the first wave of cuts. As for the other LB's, I guess you haven't looked at their sizes lately. Out of the group that looks to have a chance to make the team, the smallest is Poz at 238#, while the others are 248+#.

hdeep9213
08-01-2010, 03:46 PM
We picked up a guy smaller than Harris in Donovon..hes 6'2'' 230 and has showed nothing at the pro level..he has all of 5 tackles in 2 seasons...Harris at least had some upside IMO..

Ellison is probably going to be cut in the first wave of cuts. As for the other LB's, I guess you haven't looked at their sizes lately. Out of the group that looks to have a chance to make the team, the smallest is Poz at 238#, while the others are 248+#.

Goobylal
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
We picked up a guy smaller than Harris in Donovon..hes 6'2'' 230 and has showed nothing at the pro level..he has all of 5 tackles in 2 seasons...Harris at least had some upside IMO..
Woods won't be here long.

hdeep9213
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
i guess we will see how Harris turns out...liked his energy last year though.. always around the ball when he was in the game..he if hes really injured then I guess it was a good move..

Woods won't be here long.

Mr. Pink
08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Why would anyone be upset Nic Harris was cut loose?

He's hurt and doesn't fit the new scheme.

Turf
08-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Leonard was recently chosen by a national syndicate as the one of the top ten underpaid players in the NFL. I'd say it was clearly a mistake to let him go.

ParanoidAndroid
08-02-2010, 07:43 AM
INT"s isn't everything .Leonard plays very well as a SS. He's been very good at the LOS. He's made plays in the post season with the jets.

He is no better than Scott.

dannyek71
08-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Harris wasn't going to come back from his Knee injury. Leonard was given 2 chances here and didn't wow either time. Different situations.

mybills
08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
I wish Nic Harris the best...as long as it isn't with the Jets, Patriots, or Dolphins.
Ditto!

Night Train
08-02-2010, 08:56 AM
As a true coverage guy ,Leonard is terrible. Doesn't have the speed to stay with anyone. Good against the run and a decent PR.

I didn't have any problem with watching him leave.