• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Bills moving on without Schobel

From Adam Schefter:

Bills GM Buddy Nix today is announcing that Buffalo is moving forward with plans that do not include LB Aaron Schobel.
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 08-02-2010, 09:31 AM.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills moving on without Schobel

What choice do they have at this point?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Also on his twitter:

Maybe LB Aaron Schobel retires, maybe he is traded. But every indication is that he and Buffalo are now done with each other.
      Schobel can help teams so there will be interest in trading for him, but I would think his contract would be a challenge for any team wanting him. He will probably have to be willing to amend his deal.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

He most likely wants to play for the texans and Bill Kollar.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

It would be ideal to trade him. Even if we get a late-round pick for him, it's more than what we would have gotten if he retired.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Commissioner
            • Dec 2004

It would be cool if they could somehow get better offensive tackle for him.
            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

About time the team finally made a decision on this one.

Comment

• Commissioner
                • Dec 2004

I don't know what the heck Schobel thought he was gonna do coming back in August when he'd have to learn a new system and position. I think he played the Bills.

Schobel: "Ok.. I'm ready to come back and get paid millions! Oh you changed the system and my position? Oh well, you still gotta pay me!!! "
                Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

Nix's Statement:

“Aaron has been contemplating retirement for the past seven months, but we are at the point where we are moving forward and have informed his agent of our plans,” Nix said.

“Aaron has been a very good player for the Bills and we wish him and his family the best, but there comes a point where we have to move forward and that point is today. We are focusing on the team’s best interests.”
                  What exactly does that mean? Who knows.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

This is a big turn from the end of last week. Speculation seems to be something in the conversation between Schobel and his agent went awry; who knows what it is.. My GUESS would be that Schobel wasn't going to be in camp quick enough for Nix's liking; though of course you could've said that the morning of camp's opening day. But Nix clearly went from having organizational patience with Schobel to be doing with him, so something he didnt like was said.

They COULD try to trade him, but all leverage after his statement is is gone. Hopefully he can be moved to Houston for a late round pick in return.

Seems like he'll be just flat-released though.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Commissioner
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      This is a big turn from the end of last week. Speculation seems to be something in the conversation between Schobel and his agent went awry; who knows what it is.. My GUESS would be that Schobel wasn't going to be in camp quick enough for Nix's liking; though of course you could've said that the morning of camp's opening day. But Nix clearly went from having organizational patience with Schobel to be doing with him, so something he didnt like was said.

They COULD try to trade him, but all leverage after his statement is is gone. Hopefully he can be moved to Houston for a late round pick in return.

When Nix said, "teams best interests"... i think they just lost their patience. Schobel apparently wasn't moving fast enough.... and i don't think it was in the teams best interests to keep waiting on a guy who was changing positions and had no exposure to a new system.

Yeah... they pretty much can't trade him... unless they already had a trade in place before that statement.
                      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I doubt they release him. They will just keep him on the did not report list. If he shows up, they can fine him like crazy. Hopefully they get a trade done.

Comment

• Commissioner
                          • Dec 2004

It's almost like Schobel thinks of himself on a Brett Favre level.... like he's been such a great player that he can just hold an organization hostage.
                          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Considering Schobel hates camp, I wouldn't be surprised if wanted to just show up at the end.

I'm impressed on the decisiveness of the Bills on this.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i feel better by them taking a stand and saying, "enough".

he was good statistically, but how many convert DE to LB's can you have? It could just be a financial move as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X