X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Corner competition enlivens defense

PITTSFORD - Cornerback Leodis McKelvin finds himself in an unexpected fight for a starting job this summer on the Buffalo Bills' defense.

"I think it's going to be a great competition," coach Chan Gailey said Sunday of Florence versus McKelvin. "The good things is, we're not picking from two bad players. We're picking from two pretty good players. That's a big difference. You're not taking the best of what's available, you're getting to choose from two guys that can play."

"The thing about that position today though, with nickel [packages] you play so many guys," Gailey said, referring to three-cornerback alignments in passing situations. "They're going to get a ton of playing time."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Corner competition enlivens defense

i read that article early this morning. so mcgee has the other spot locked down?

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Why isn't McGee having to compete for his job? I think I'd rather see McKelvin and Florence starting.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ed
        Why isn't McGee having to compete for his job? I think I'd rather see McKelvin and Florence starting.
        Ummm no. That shouldn't happen at all.

Comment

Working...
        X