• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I love the classic BB.com spin

No discussion of spending that money on a new player who is worth that much, you simply re-invest it in existing players. Not that I don't want a few of these guys back, but losing Schobel to spread the wealth out over that mediocre list is simply watering down your already average team. It's actually worse. By doing what CB is saying, we spend "some" of it on a few of these guys. The rest will go to? If you lose a player making 8 mill, you should be spending 8 mill on someone new... and STILL resign some of these guys since your annual salary expense goes up each year. We lose a good player and replace him with no one philosophy... done wonders so far. Really irk's me.
    Last edited by X-Era; 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM.

• Homegrown
    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
    • Jul 2008

Re: I love the classic BB.com spin

Chris_Brown

Others include Donte Whitner, Ashton Youboty, George Wilson, Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm and long snapper Garrison Sanborn.
    Lets spread the wealth ... and don't forget the long snapper!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Nobody to spend 8 million on this season

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
        Nobody to spend 8 million on this season
        Does that imply that we will spend it next year? That isnt what CB is saying. Its pocketing the money, not re-investing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
          Does that imply that we will spend it next year? That isnt what CB is saying. Its pocketing the money, not re-investing.
          whose the "someone new" that you think we should re-invest it on ?

We screwed up by refusing to pay Pat Williams but went on to pay someone new like Dockery.

I would rather re-invest the money to a player on our team who proves to us that he can play under this system but right now it's too early to tell since we haven't played a snap.

CB was just throwing out names but I'm sure that he doesn't know who will pan out. Wait for a year before we start spending the money.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Ralphie would rather pocket the money seeing ticket sales are fine.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              whose the "someone new" that you think we should re-invest it on ?

We screwed up by refusing to pay Pat Williams but went on to pay someone new like Dockery.

I would rather re-invest the money to a player on our team who proves to us that he can play under this system but right now it's too early to tell since we haven't played a snap.

CB was just throwing out names but I'm sure that he doesn't know who will pan out. Wait for a year before we start spending the money.
              Who on the team deserves, in addition to their existing money, 8 mill?

As far as who's that someone new, ask me again on March 5th of 2011. Whatever we were spending should now have 8 mill added to it.

If I have 100 bucks invested in something and plan to have 110 invested in the same ting next year, but in the meantime got 5 bucks back, I should be investing 115 mill, not 110 still.

Resigning Poz, and a few others, should be in the plans and budget for next year BEFORE getting the cash back on Schobel... that makes his money available for a dollar for dollar expenditure to add to the team.
              Last edited by X-Era; 08-02-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

you are reading too much on what CB was blabbing about.

Whatever CB said, don't take it to heart. I'm almost sure it wasn't from Nix and co. thats why it's on the blog section of CB who every now and then is allowed to think outloud.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                  we could resign poz midseason

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    you are reading too much on what CB was blabbing about.

Whatever CB said, don't take it to heart. I'm almost sure it wasn't from Nix and co. thats why it's on the blog section of CB who every now and then is allowed to think outloud.
                    I will believe you when I see the new player we have added with that extra 8 mill.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Nix has said they would invest in their own players rather than sign expensive free agents.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                        Nix has said they would invest in their own players rather than sign expensive free agents.
                        That's fine, as long as we realize that means they are pocketing Schobel's money instead of spending on the team.

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

I'm always amused when people blast bb.com or Chris Brown. It's the official team site. What do you expect? Do expect articles blasting the Bills? What do you think other team sites are like? Likely pretty similar. There are plenty of other sources to get your fix on negative Bills news. If you don't like bb.com, don't visit. Simple solution.

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

chris brown says whatever russ brandon tells him to say
                            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                              I'm always amused when people blast bb.com or Chris Brown. It's the official team site. What do you expect? Do expect articles blasting the Bills? What do you think other team sites are like? Likely pretty similar. There are plenty of other sources to get your fix on negative Bills news. If you don't like bb.com, don't visit. Simple solution.
                              Zero issue with what they do. This is easy. Just shut up, don't put out that article. Don't tell fans you just lost one of your best players and intend to just put some of the money into resigning a few of your current mediocre players. We all know they are doing just that, but don't throw it up in our face and try to sell us that this is a solution to our problems. I'm excited for what I think were building. But building is "adding" pieces, not subtracting players and pocketing the cash. That's not a "building" team.

Comment

Working...
                              X