• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Schobel for a LT?

Is there a team in the league on the verge of a playoff or Super Bowl run in need of pass rush help, but with an excess of left tackle talent?

Because if there was a team such as this I would jump all over a trade like that. I would even include a corner back or mid round pick.

What are potential Schobel trade options at this point in the off season?
    I am The Batman.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Schobel for a LT?

Why on earth would any team give up a LT worth anything for an over-the-hill old shoe who can't make up his mind and has no passion left for the game?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
      Is there a team in the league on the verge of a playoff or Super Bowl run in need of pass rush help, but with an excess of left tackle talent?

Because if there was a team such as this I would jump all over a trade like that. I would even include a corner back or mid round pick.

What are potential Schobel trade options at this point in the off season?
      Been working on it, I dont see it.

The Ravens are one of the few teams that have a starting quality LT, but they dont have a huge need for pass rush... They had a need for a CB, but traded for Dutch.

Just not a lot of teams that have a plethora of quality LT's. The next best bet is a team that has one but doesnt want to pay for one... that assumes we will and assumes the home team wont charge an arm and a leg for one.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Schobel isn't really worth anything at his age. Maybe a day 2 draftpick

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
          Schobel isn't really worth anything at his age. Maybe a day 2 draftpick
          Plus a hefty contract. I don't see anyone trading for him.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Him being so ridiculously indecisive has killed his value. I can't imagine any NFL team giving up anything for someone who's past his prime and doesn't know if he wants to play anymore.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

A team who is a pass rusher short of a good run like I said in my post. I also said you could include a pick or a corner back as we have about 20 left over from Dickie J's reign.

Its not like, "here you go. One old guy with a year left in his tank in exchange for a left tackle."

No. That's not what I said.

Besides, I asked you what potential trade options might still be available at this time of the offseason.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• Homegrown
                Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                • Jul 2008

Eagles need a pass rusher...
                Eagles drafted LT Winston Justice in the 2nd round (39th overall) in 2006...

Trade for Jason Peters!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

A team who is a pass rusher short of a good run like I said in my post. I also said you could include a pick or a corner back as we have about 20 left over from Dickie J's reign.

Its not like, "here you go. One old guy with a year left in his tank in exchange for a left tackle."

Besides, I asked you what potential trade options might still be available at this time of the offseason.
                  For me at least, I'm interested in playing the scenario's. But, I cant see a likely partner. Id love to land McNeil somehow but would teh Chargers move him and what would that deal take? I think it unlikely.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Homegrown
                    Eagles need a pass rusher...
                    Eagles drafted LT Winston Justice in the 2nd round (39th overall) in 2006...

Trade for Jason Peters!!!
                    I wouldnt mind Justice.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I would love for them to try and use this opportunity to make a run at McNeil, but realistically I don't see it happening.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Not many LT's on the market but plenty of team could use pass rush help.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

That's what the thread title says.

You say someone else could be "included," but it's Schobel who would be the throw-in, at best.
                          Perhaps the question should be, Would tacking Schobel onto an otherwise unrelated trade be a dealbreaker for the other team?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Philagape
                            That's what the thread title says.

You say someone else could be "included," but it's Schobel who would be the throw-in, at best.
                            Perhaps the question should be, Would tacking Schobel onto an otherwise unrelated trade be a dealbreaker for the other team?

Sorry for the title misunderstanding. Mods, would you get on this changing of the titles?
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

i think he wants to play for the texans or retire. so is we are thinking of player trades, look at the texans.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X