PDA

View Full Version : Schobel for a LT?

BillsWin
08-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Is there a team in the league on the verge of a playoff or Super Bowl run in need of pass rush help, but with an excess of left tackle talent?

Because if there was a team such as this I would jump all over a trade like that. I would even include a corner back or mid round pick.

What are potential Schobel trade options at this point in the off season?

Philagape
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Why on earth would any team give up a LT worth anything for an over-the-hill old shoe who can't make up his mind and has no passion left for the game?

X-Era
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Is there a team in the league on the verge of a playoff or Super Bowl run in need of pass rush help, but with an excess of left tackle talent?

Because if there was a team such as this I would jump all over a trade like that. I would even include a corner back or mid round pick.

What are potential Schobel trade options at this point in the off season?

Been working on it, I dont see it.

The Ravens are one of the few teams that have a starting quality LT, but they dont have a huge need for pass rush... They had a need for a CB, but traded for Dutch.

Just not a lot of teams that have a plethora of quality LT's. The next best bet is a team that has one but doesnt want to pay for one... that assumes we will and assumes the home team wont charge an arm and a leg for one.

ddaryl
08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Schobel isn't really worth anything at his age. Maybe a day 2 draftpick

mightysimi
08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Schobel isn't really worth anything at his age. Maybe a day 2 draftpick

Plus a hefty contract. I don't see anyone trading for him.

Philagape
Him being so ridiculously indecisive has killed his value. I can't imagine any NFL team giving up anything for someone who's past his prime and doesn't know if he wants to play anymore.

BillsWin
A team who is a pass rusher short of a good run like I said in my post. I also said you could include a pick or a corner back as we have about 20 left over from Dickie J's reign.

Its not like, "here you go. One old guy with a year left in his tank in exchange for a left tackle."

No. That's not what I said.

Besides, I asked you what potential trade options might still be available at this time of the offseason.

Homegrown
08-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Eagles need a pass rusher...
Eagles drafted LT Winston Justice in the 2nd round (39th overall) in 2006...

Trade for Jason Peters!!!

X-Era
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
A team who is a pass rusher short of a good run like I said in my post. I also said you could include a pick or a corner back as we have about 20 left over from Dickie J's reign.

Its not like, "here you go. One old guy with a year left in his tank in exchange for a left tackle."

Besides, I asked you what potential trade options might still be available at this time of the offseason.

For me at least, I'm interested in playing the scenario's. But, I cant see a likely partner. Id love to land McNeil somehow but would teh Chargers move him and what would that deal take? I think it unlikely.

X-Era
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Eagles need a pass rusher...
Eagles drafted LT Winston Justice in the 2nd round (39th overall) in 2006...

Trade for Jason Peters!!!

I wouldnt mind Justice.

YardRat
08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I would love for them to try and use this opportunity to make a run at McNeil, but realistically I don't see it happening.

DraftBoy
08-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Not many LT's on the market but plenty of team could use pass rush help.

Philagape
08-02-2010, 05:00 PM

That's what the thread title says.

You say someone else could be "included," but it's Schobel who would be the throw-in, at best.
Perhaps the question should be, Would tacking Schobel onto an otherwise unrelated trade be a dealbreaker for the other team?

BillsWin
08-02-2010, 05:03 PM
That's what the thread title says.

You say someone else could be "included," but it's Schobel who would be the throw-in, at best.
Perhaps the question should be, Would tacking Schobel onto an otherwise unrelated trade be a dealbreaker for the other team?

Sorry for the title misunderstanding. Mods, would you get on this changing of the titles?

justasportsfan
08-02-2010, 05:25 PM
i think he wants to play for the texans or retire. so is we are thinking of player trades, look at the texans.

better days
08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Plus a hefty contract. I don't see anyone trading for him.

If he wants to play he will have to settle for much less.

better days
08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
i think he wants to play for the texans or retire. so is we are thinking of player trades, look at the texans.

Yeah Schobel has a big say where he will be traded to. If he does not like the team, he just does not have to renegotiate a new contract or even show up for that matter.

justasportsfan
08-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah Schobel has a big say where he will be traded to. If he does not like the team, he just does not have to renegotiate a new contract or even show up for that matter.
but he can chose to retire if he doesn't like the team he is being traded to, can he not?

better days
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
but he can chose to retire if he doesn't like the team he is being traded to, can he not?

Exactly, that is why he has a big say where he plays. If he is not traded to a team he wants to play for, he can just retire. Of course he will lose his last payday if he does that.

TigerJ
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
If there's a team out there with depth at tackle such that their third and fourth guys are similar in ability and both can handle the left side, then you might get someone to bite. No one expecting to make a playoff run is going to trade a starter for Schobel. That means to be worth it to the Bills, the depth guy they acquire has to have enough ability to suggest he might be able to start. If you can find that kind of set up, sure, go for it.

X-Era
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Found this on Gaither and the Ravens DB situation. Problem is, Gaither seems to be always hurt.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-jared-gaither-0802-20100801,0,6653523,full.story

psubills62
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
New Orleans has three guys still (Brown, Bushrod, Strief) that can all play LT. At this point, they probably want to keep all three though. Gaither and Marcus McNeill MIGHT be available for trade, but probably not. Giving up some of our secondary depth to the Ravens for Gaither might be the best option, but it doesn't look like either team is interested anymore. And as Billswin mentioned, Gaither has been hurt lately. Which might be nice because it would lower his price. :idunno:

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
you guys need to get used to the idea that we're not trading for a left tackle.

better days
08-02-2010, 09:33 PM
you guys need to get used to the idea that we're not trading for a left tackle.

You are probably right...........GOOD LUCK Bell.

ServoBillieves
08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Schobel: Old, indecisive, and lacking a step

The Bills on Schobel: We don't want him, you can have him.

Other teams: What the hell would we give up to a team that doesn't want him? They have no leverage other than his contract which is incredibly overpriced.

I can see a 6th or 7th rounder for him.

cookie G
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM

I thought of that too, and wanted to see their Olinemen besides Sam Baker.

Couldn't get past the cheerleader on the front page.

I'll have to buy their calendar now.

JCBills
08-03-2010, 05:09 PM

They have twins. I was looking for their depth chart, got caught on the cheerleaders as well. I was checking out the Texans site yesterday, I haven't checked out many other team sites, but so far theirs is the most impressive.

The Jokeman
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
New Orleans has three guys still (Brown, Bushrod, Strief) that can all play LT. At this point, they probably want to keep all three though. Gaither and Marcus McNeill MIGHT be available for trade, but probably not. Giving up some of our secondary depth to the Ravens for Gaither might be the best option, but it doesn't look like either team is interested anymore. And as Billswin mentioned, Gaither has been hurt lately. Which might be nice because it would lower his price. :idunno:

I hate to tell you but Brown went to the Redskins for a conditional 3rd or 4th Round pick which to me which was a steal. As to me he's an easy upgrade over Bell/Merideth and with our recent draft history in the 3rd don't think we'd be giving up much.

X-Era
08-03-2010, 06:57 PM

Eric Winston.

The Jokeman
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Eric Winston.
Indeed as last I checked Baker was playing in Atlanta. Though knowing us we'd end up getting Duane Brown. :list:

HHURRICANE
08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I think Schobel is doing his best to screw the Bills. Nice job telling the other 31 teams that he's "lost a step" and not as good as he used to be.

I'll be "relieved" when he gets run over by his tractor.

psubills62
08-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I hate to tell you but Brown went to the Redskins for a conditional 3rd or 4th Round pick which to me which was a steal. As to me he's an easy upgrade over Bell/Merideth and with our recent draft history in the 3rd don't think we'd be giving up much.

I was talking about Charles Brown, the guy they drafted in the 2nd round.

The Jokeman
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I was talking about Charles Brown, the guy they drafted in the 2nd round.
Oh sorry and yeah I can't see the Saints giving up on Brown or Bushrod. Streif maybe but I really can't say he's any better/worse then the aforementioned Bell/Merideth.

psubills62
08-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh sorry and yeah I can't see the Saints giving up on Brown or Bushrod. Streif maybe but I really can't say he's any better/worse then the aforementioned Bell/Merideth.

Yeah, I don't think any of those deals will actually happen, just was naming teams who MAY be open to listening to trade offers. I'd say Strief is actually the best out of those three, from the little that I saw/heard last year.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I think Nix made a huge blunder if he plans on trading Aaron by saying he'll never play another down as a Buffalo Bill.

Every team knows that at some point, he's gonna be released.

Why give something for nothing?

better days
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I think Nix made a huge blunder if he plans on trading Aaron by saying he'll never play another down as a Buffalo Bill.

Every team knows that at some point, he's gonna be released.

Why give something for nothing?

Even if Schobel reports, the Bills do not have to release him until the season is about to start. Lets face it they won't get much for him anyway because of his age. I think it would be worth a late rnd pick to get him into camp for a team that wants him.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Even if Schobel reports, the Bills do not have to release him until the season is about to start. Lets face it they won't get much for him anyway because of his age. I think it would be worth a late rnd pick to get him into camp for a team that wants him.

Even if say we coulda got a 6th round pick...why would someone be willing to give that up now knowing full well he's not in the teams plans this year?

better days
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Even if say we coulda got a 6th round pick...why would someone be willing to give that up now knowing full well he's not in the teams plans this year?

I already told you the reason. Because the Bills don't have to release him until the season starts. If a team wants him it could be worth a 6th to get him into camp.