X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hdeep9213
    • Sep 2008

are the bills really that bad??

I am pretty surprised on all the hate the media has on the bills..ESPN's AFC East Blogger Tim Graham stated "Of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that the Buffalo Bills will finish fourth in the AFC East."...like wtf...we have not seen this new revamped Bills team play one game and yet we are automatically the worst team in the division and the 2nd worst in the NFL...I find that hard to believe..dont get me wrong..I dont see the Bills winning the SB this year but I dont see us moving backward as a franchise..do we have alot of question on this team..Yes...have we improved the roster over last year..Yes...i cant see a position other than maybe WR (TO departure) where we are not as good or better than last year..with a much better coaching staff, a year of experience for our O-line, and a dynamic running attack I think we can do some damage this season..and for all the Trent haters..is he gonna be the next Manning..of course not..but we dont need him to be..we need him to be able to get the ball out and let our playmakers make plays..i never thought Dick was able to use the talent he had..instead he made the team run his offense regardless of the talent of his player..i think Chan is better at molding his offense to his players strengths..he will prolly run the ball 25-30 times a game..5-10 screens to Jackson/Spiller..5-10 slant..and 2-3 post routes for Lee and Easley..thats how I see our offense working..and I think we can win some games that way..

onto the defense..our secondary is solid..no doubts about it..2 solid starting corners (Mcgee and McKelvin) and 2 solid safties (Bryd and Whitner)..up front i think we have solid DEs in Stroud and Edwards...i think they will hold their own..Stroud getting some 1 vs 1 this year should be interesting..Troup and Williams should be able to work the middle..the only weakness I see is the LB core..inside i think we will do fine..outside i have some question..I for one hate Kelsay..think he is way overrated and will get torched in the pass game..similar sit. with Maybin..too small for the NFL game for OLB..the two OLB scare me but hopefully they can develop..i wont call Maybin a bust but we will see...(knew we shoulda drafted Orakpo)..

Last thing I have to mention that I believe is being lost in the transition to the 3-4..the offense will become more familiar with how to beat the 3-4 defense..ive seen all of the Bills games the last 5 seasons and noticed we were awful moving the ball against a 3-4 defense...i think the offense will be much better this year against all the 3-4 defenses in the AFC East (Jets,Phins) as they practice against our defense day in and day out..

Opinions??Am I delusional??

Prediction-Bills 9-7
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: are the bills really that bad??

We hear this every year! Every year we're the team to finish last in the AFC East and just about every year we dont! This Bills team will be alot better this year than they have the previous 4 season for the simple fact Jauron and his play not to lose mentality is gone! That alone should get us a couple more wins.
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• hdeep9213
      • Sep 2008

agreed..Dick def. cost us a game or two with his play calling..one of the worst game time managers ive seen..

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
      We hear this every year! Every year we're the team to finish last in the AFC East and just about every year we dont! This Bills team will be alot better this year than they have the previous 4 season for the simple fact Jauron and his play not to lose mentality is gone! That alone should get us a couple more wins.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

um, wow...

Just a few quick clarifications:

On O, we're worse at RT. Green is no Butler. And simply not being worse isn't good enough. At a minimum, this O needs upgrades at QB, LT and WR to be successful, and we simply didn't get them this off season.

On D, NT is key to the 3-4. Kyle Williams has never played NT before and is significantly smaller than the prototypical NT. As far as Troup goes, rookie DT's take time to develop. Our LB's are a mess-we don't have any experienced pass-rushers in the 3-4, and Andra Davis is our only experienced 3-4 LB. DB's should be fine.

Practicing against the 3-4 won't hurt the O but a) our 3-4 isn't nearly as talented as the ones in our division that our O will have to face in real games and b) practicing against the 3-4 won't compensate for the overall lack of talent on O.

Finally, every team in our division got better while we took a couple steps backwards (granted, we didn't lose much talent other than Butler, but switching systems on both sides of the ball introduces a learning curve and backs us up anyway).

This is going to be a rough season.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
          um, wow...

On O, we're worse at RT. Green is no Butler. And simply not being worse isn't good enough. At a minimum, this O needs upgrades at QB, LT and WR to be successful, and we simply didn't get them this off season.

On D, NT is key to the 3-4. Kyle Williams has never played NT before and is significantly smaller than the prototypical NT. As far as Troup goes, rookie DT's take time to develop. Our LB's are a mess-we don't have any experienced pass-rushers in the 3-4, and Andra Davis is our only experienced 3-4 LB. DB's should be fine.

Practicing against the 3-4 won't hurt the O but a) our 3-4 isn't nearly as talented as the ones in our division that our O will have to face in real games and b) practicing against the 3-4 won't compensate for the overall lack of talent on O.

Finally, every team in our division got better while we took a couple steps backwards (granted, we didn't lose much talent other than Butler, but switching systems on both sides of the ball introduces a learning curve and backs us up anyway).

Do you have this saved on your computer, so you can just cut and paste?

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
            Bingo

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
              Do you have this saved on your computer, so you can just cut and paste?
              Well, I wouldn't have to keep re-writing it if people had the ability to acknowledge the reality of the situation. But they don't.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hdeep9213
                • Sep 2008

First off, lets be honest Butler was no pro bowler..and green can easily fill those shoes..our young lineman got a year of experience that they can build off of...in chan's scheme we dont need a payton manning type guy...all trent needs to do is manage the game...i agree with the WRs but I wouldnt be surprised if we see better play from Parrish and see Johnson step up and be a solid #2..

Defensively, Kyle and Troup should be able to hold their own..Kyle is smaller than your typical NT but its all about leverage on the line and he can get low and do work...our LBs need work..i agree with you on that but the inside guys should be able to hold their own..outside guys scare me though...

lastly, the dolphins are not much better..they got 1 guy that will improve them..i still think phins are the worst team in the division..Pats did nothing IMO to improve..but they still have the bills number so I can't disagree with that..Jets..they prolly did the most in the NFL to improve..but I can not see a team with Sanchez as their QB win a SB...all in all I am just saying the Bills are not as bad as everyone is trying to say they are..

um, wow...

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Well, I wouldn't have to keep re-writing it if people had the ability to acknowledge the reality of the situation. But they don't.
                  Why is it your role to get everybody to "acknowledge the reality of the situation"?

Comment

• hdeep9213
                    • Sep 2008

So u really believe the Bills are the 2nd worst team in the NFL??

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I'm really not convinced about the OL improving. I realize most players take a couple of years to come into their own, and typically the biggest jump is between the first year and second year. However, we get sold this line by the Bills' FO every year, and so far it has failed to materialize.

So, while I will acknowledge that it's possible for the OL to improve and take the next step this year (especially the interior), I'm skeptical until I actually see it happen.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hdeep9213
                        So u really believe the Bills are the 2nd worst team in the NFL??
                        2nd worst? No.

Bottom 5? Probably.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Prov401
                          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                          • Aug 2008

um, wow...

I never thought Butler was that good. I think if Green had the name 'Butler' on his jersey, we wouldn't notice the difference in their play. I'd call that a push.

I'll agree with our QB's, and I'll go on record as saying I hope Brohm has a solid pre-season and comes out on top of this QB race. If Edwards keeps the job, it won't make a difference because we'll be seeing Brohm start by week 3 due to an Edwards hangnail.

I'm also scared at NT. To be honest, I'm not even high up on Stroud being an end. The only player on the D - line that I believe will be dependable is Edwards. I hope Troup is a fast learner.

Our LB's are average. Poz is average, Mitchell is below average, Davis is above average, Maybin is a ?... So all of them combined equals average.

Our secondary is going to be fun to watch. I think Lankster is going to jump Youboty and Corner this year. Just a prediction.

Overall, I'm happy with our new coach, and GM. I'm happy with the direction of this team. And I'm happy that we have 3 very capable starting running backs on our roster, 2 with very very good hands. I think Chan is going to adopt the Jets 2009 style of play. Pound, pound, pound the ball, and don't f*** up Trent! To be totally honest, the defense is what scares me. Our front 7 is very blah. Everyone knows you win games in the trenches, and umm.... yea... our trenches are looking rough. We're relying on skill positions to win this year. And they will only win us a few games with this tough schedule.

7-9

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I don't share your optimism for 7 wins, but I do think we're finally headed in the right direction- or at least far closer to going in the right direction than we've been since Gregg Williams.

Even though I wasn't thrilled with the Gailey hire, the one area where I'm convinced we will improve is coaching. So far, every indication is that Gailey is a better coach, and considering that anyone who's ever played more than 3 games of Madden can manage a clock better than Jauron, Gailey pretty much HAS to be an improvement in terms of gameday coaching.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Been saying 8-8 for a while. I like Troup more than most. I also think a big play by Spiller here and there can win you some games, and he WILL make some big plays.

I think our run blocking inside will be pretty solid, but our pass blocking really scares me. I wish we had a solid LT, but we don't.

I think Chan is going to run, run, run and rely on Edwards or Brohm to not turn the ball over and use the play action.

I think Chan is an upgrade. I think Troup, Carrington and Edwards add size and aggression to the defensive line and our run defense will improve because of it.

I've been saying 8-8, but that could change once I see them play in preseason.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X