X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    • Dec 2008

Suh signs...

And then there were 2.....No hurry CJ take your time.

Ndamukong Suh-DL- Lions Aug. 3 - 6:42 pm et

Lions signed DT Ndamukong Suh to a five-year contract.
    There is no word yet on how much he will be getting, but the important thing is that the second overall pick has ended his brief holdout. The Lions' defensive line is much improved, so Suh isn't necessarily guaranteed a starting spot, but he will battle Corey Williams and we like the odds of him coming away with the gig.
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Suh signs...

Then Okung, then Spiller. Way to stick to your guns CJ and do everything you can to lead this team to a Super Bowl.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Prov401
      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
      Then Okung, then Spiller. Way to stick to your guns CJ and do everything you can to lead this team to a Super Bowl.
      Everybody understands this is a business right?

Look at the players today. People are considered 'old' at 30. Skill position players, ESPECIALLY RB, have little time to make top dollar. Look at Ladanion Tomlinson for instance. The guy is 31 years old, and he's considered ancient. He signed a 2 year 5.2 million dollar contract. His big time money making days are over, and it seems like yesterday that he was the best back hands down in this leauge. Yea sure, CJ hasn't done anything, blah blah... But are you going to really knock a guy for holding out because he could possibly make up to 35 million dollars? Silly people. Silly. NFL is a business, and if I were CJ, I'd be doing the same thing. Because in 9 years, guess what? He's going to be 'losing a step', 'not what he used to be', and... "OLD".

Make your money CJ.

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

I think its either CJ or Okung who will sign next.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81

Look at the players today. People are considered 'old' at 30. Skill position players, ESPECIALLY RB, have little time to make top dollar. Look at Ladanion Tomlinson for instance. The guy is 31 years old, and he's considered ancient. He signed a 2 year 5.2 million dollar contract. His big time money making days are over, and it seems like yesterday that he was the best back hands down in this leauge. Yea sure, CJ hasn't done anything, blah blah... But are you going to really knock a guy for holding out because he could possibly make up to 35 million dollars? Silly people. Silly. NFL is a business, and if I were CJ, I'd be doing the same thing. Because in 9 years, guess what? He's going to be 'losing a step', 'not what he used to be', and... "OLD".

Make your money CJ.
          Didn't stop Ryan Matthews, who has a good shot at putting up better numbers than Spiller.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Homegrown
            I think its either CJ or Okung who will sign next.

Way to go out on a limb!

I bet one of these guys holdouts goes into the regular season.

Comment

• mightysimi
              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81

Make your money CJ.
              I can't imagine we are offering something that is way below the middle between Alualu and McClain. That is roughly 20 million guaranteed. I mean I understand it's a business but that is enough to set up his family for a few generations. Sometimes I feel the agents are behind the holdouts. If in the end he gets maybe 1-2 million more I will be pretty disappointed.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Philagape
                Didn't stop Ryan Matthews, who has a good shot at putting up better numbers than Spiller.
                So by this logic, CJ should just take whatever is offered?

CJ is entering the NFL as a top 10 pick. He has worked his entire life for this. This could, potentially, be the one time he is financially rewarded for his efforts. His agents are working in his best interest...and they also get a cut of what they get for him.

The Raiders just paid 20% more for McClain than his slot was awarded last year. CJ wants some of that action. If he signs today, and tears his knee tomorrow, that's it. A life full of hard work and dedication lost with an injury that happens almost anywhere people play this game.

He will get his money. We will get a great player. We will all rejoice the first time he takes of and burns a defense for a TD. The sky will not fall.

I would say that we will forget this someday very soon, but I have a feeling there are many here, that regardless of having absolutely no knowledge of what is really happening, will never forget or forgive their perceived guilty party. Any game CJ doesn't get 200 yds, we'll hear about the "holdout," and if he gets 200 yds we'll be reminded how the FO tried to mess this up, and Ralph was "cheap." You just have to distort facts and you can contort any situation to fit your insatiable desire to be miserable!!! See how fun??

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

The contracts for Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, and Kyle Wilson were all rejected by the NFL. Not a big issue and will be solved quickly, but just saying...
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Way to go out on a limb!

I bet one of these guys holdouts goes into the regular season.
                    You don't have to go out on a limb when it's homegrown.

Comment

Working...
                    X