PDA

View Full Version : Bills cutting Schobel today

Ickybaluky
08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Per Adam Schefter on twitter (http://twitter.com/):

Bills have no practice this morning, but they do have news. They will release two-time Pro Bowl DE Aaron Schobel today.

If he decides to play, I hope the Pats call him. They could use him as a pass rusher in sub-packages.

BidsJr
08-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Dumb

wmoz11
08-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Damn, dude. I thought I was quick.

Homegrown
08-04-2010, 08:29 AM
When creating this thread, you should've used this icon : :bf1:

Michael82
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Son of a *****! Why wouldn't they wait until he shows up? Now he's going to join the Pats, Dolphins or Jets. :puke:

Bulldog
08-04-2010, 08:48 AM
What is the advantage of cutting Schobel Vs. just leaving him on the DNR list?

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 08:49 AM
What is the advantage of cutting Schobel Vs. just leaving him on the DNR list?

I'm going to guess money has something to do with it.

Once again, the Bills botched this situation. They should have traded him for peanuts before the draft.

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Actually, let me caveat that.

If Schobel stays retired, then I can't really blame the organization for Schobel's indecisiveness.

But if he signs with another team, then this was just plain stupid. He wasn't a good fit for the D in the first place, and if he didn't want to be here, or was even hesitant about being here, they should have traded him months ago.

k-oneputt
08-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Another Bills front office screwup.
He should have been traded to an NFC team or even Houston for anything to at least keep him away from a division team.

Bulldog
08-04-2010, 08:56 AM

Once again, the Bills botched this situation. They should have traded him for peanuts before the draft.

I would think that the Bills would owe him more by cutting him out right as opposed to just leaving him on the DNR list.

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I would think that the Bills would owe him more by cutting him out right as opposed to just leaving him on the DNR list.

Where's Clump when you need him?

Bulldog
08-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Where's Clump when you need him?

Was just thinking the same thing. And my guess is that Schobel wanted to play all along, just not in Buffalo. If I were the Bills, I wouldn't have let him off the hook that easy. The basically just made the guy a free agent. Outstanding!

dannyek71
08-04-2010, 09:00 AM

To who? Maybe nobody was even offering a 7th round pick for an over the hill guy who MIGHT play? Most indications out there were that he was done, and most rumors were that he didn't want to play for anyone but the Bills, if he played at all.

You could watch the guy during games, and at camp. He didn't want to be there. These guys make millions to play a game most of us would play for free, I have no love lost for Schobel. Thanks and goodbye.

Beebe's Kid
08-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Another Bills front office screwup.
He should have been traded to an NFC team or even Houston for anything to at least keep him away from a division team.

Rumor has it we could have gotten 2 1st Round picks for a guy that kept saying, publicly, he wasn't sure if he was going to play again.

Teams were falling all over themselves for a guy showing that kind of commitment.

It will be screamed from the rooftops that the FO botched this one, but what are the options, really? Schobel handled this like a dick. If he wanted to play somewhere else, that was all he needed to say. Instead he comes with his 70-30 BS, and is still not committing to playing.

There must be more to the situation than we know, but if you are looking to get your conspiracy theory negativity in early, there you have it.

dannyek71
08-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Actually, let me caveat that.

If Schobel stays retired, then I can't really blame the organization for Schobel's indecisiveness.

But if he signs with another team, then this was just plain stupid. He wasn't a good fit for the D in the first place, and if he didn't want to be here, or was even hesitant about being here, they should have traded him months ago.

Traded him? He didn't want to play for anyone BUT Buffalo if he was going to play at all.

Bulldog
08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Traded him? He didn't want to play for anyone BUT Buffalo if he was going to play at all.

I call BS on that one and gurantee Schobel will be on a roster come Sept.

dannyek71
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I call BS on that one and gurantee Schobel will be on a roster come Sept.

Maybe he changed his tune now, but apparently that's how it was a few months back.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
This is the same front office that:

1) Coud have gotten a trade for Dockery but didn't file the paperwork correctly.

2) Promised not to tag Clements which meant we got no 1st or 2nd round pick for him.

3) Could have locked Peters up for 7 million a year. Had him holdout and than he gets a contarct the following year for 9 million a year.

Nothing surprises me with these losers. My guess is we are saving money by releasing him.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2010, 09:12 AM
If Schefter is correct than Nix is a liar like every other FO stooge.

Didn't he just say yesterday that they would not release him?

Homegrown
08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
This is the same front office that:

1) Coud have gotten a trade for Dockery but didn't file the paperwork correctly.

2) Promised not to tag Clements which meant we got no 1st or 2nd round pick for him.

3) Could have locked Peters up for 7 million a year. Had him holdout and than he gets a contarct the following year for 9 million a year.

Nothing surprises me with these losers. My guess is we are saving money by releasing him.

you make a good point(s) :pimped:

RockStar36
08-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I like the way the Bills handled the situation up until now. Saying they were moving on was a smart move because it ends the discussion and doesn't leave it up to Schobel to keep going back and forth.

However, I don't like them releasing him.

k-oneputt
08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Rumor has it we could have gotten 2 1st Round picks for a guy that kept saying, publicly, he wasn't sure if he was going to play again.

Teams were falling all over themselves for a guy showing that kind of commitment.

It will be screamed from the rooftops that the FO botched this one, but what are the options, really? Schobel handled this like a dick. If he wanted to play somewhere else, that was all he needed to say. Instead he comes with his 70-30 BS, and is still not committing to playing.

There must be more to the situation than we know, but if you are looking to get your conspiracy theory negativity in early, there you have it.

No, what they could have done was trade him to Houston for a 7th rd. draft pick in the year 2055, thus keeping him out of the division.
I almost hope he goes to New England to make the Bills look even dumber.

Michael82
08-04-2010, 09:27 AM
At the very least, force Schobel to make the first move. Do what the Packers did to Brett Favre...leave him on the DNR list. If he shows up, then you trade him for a bag of peanuts or cut him then. If he never shows up, you put him on the Retired/Reserve list.

Michael82
08-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I was wondering who was going to blink first, I guess we now know that you can easily beat Buddy Nix in poker. What a shame! :ill:

better days
08-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I was wondering who was going to blink first, I guess we now know that you can easily beat Buddy Nix in poker. What a shame! :ill:

Schefter is pretty good with his info, but who knows maybe he got this wrong.

Ron Burgundy
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Christ, people are stupid sometimes.

These guys aren't ****ing robots. You don't **** all over Aaron Schobel, who has consistently been one of our best players for years, for a seventh round pick.

The Bills wanted him back, Aaron decided it was time to move on, and Buffalo will release him outright instead of a protracted situation that would only reflect poorly on the organization. The guy has put up solid years on some ****ty teams and I don't blame him in the slightest for wanting to go home in the twilight of his career, and maybe go to the playoffs for a change.

The Bills **** up plenty, but there's no mistake here, unless you count Schobel's wishy-washy should-I-stay-or-should-I-go butt****ery as a mistake.

trapezeus
08-04-2010, 10:09 AM
this is a botched job by the front office, but not one that will bite them that badly. schobel really sounds like his fire for playing is gone. and that he wants to experience the playoffs or play close to home.

whoever wants him can have him. i'm not too worried about schobel half assing it.

I will be pissed if this was a very eloborate way for schobel to get out. if he ends up playing for 2-4 more years at a high level, i'll be smoking from my ears. and most of my anger will be at schobel for being a lying sack of ----.

Italian Stallion
08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I promise he signs with the Pats....

He's the only player the past 5 years or so that has actually played well against them. BB will sign him EXACTLY for that reason.

mightysimi
08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I promise he signs with the Pats....

He's the only player the past 5 years or so that has actually played well against them. BB will sign him EXACTLY for that reason.

And all of a sudden become an OLB? Isn't that the same reason that everyone said he needed to be at OTA's/mini-camp so he could learn his new position? I'm sure it will be a 4-3 team. Bill Kollar is in Houston, that is my guess.

Ickybaluky
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
And all of a sudden become an OLB? Isn't that the same reason that everyone said he needed to be at OTA's/mini-camp so he could learn his new position? I'm sure it will be a 4-3 team. Bill Kollar is in Houston, that is my guess.

I agree Houston is his first choice and he goes there if they want him. That is the likely outcome.

That said, if the Pats sign him then scheme won't be the issue. They aren't going to ask him to play OLB, they will use him as a rusher in sub-packages. Last year they were in sub-packages (nickel and dime mostly) about 50% of the time, so he doesn't have to play in their base defense to make an impact. They lack pass rush, and that is what he does well.

we are
08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
anyone catch Schefter just now on SC? Seems like the Bills actually saved some money by releasing him and not even allowing him to report?

k-oneputt
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
anyone catch Schefter just now on SC? Seems like the Bills actually saved some money by releasing him and not even allowing him to report?

I have no doubt about the Bills somehow saving money. That always is an issue around OBD. They still should have worked out some kind of trade months ago with him.

we are
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I have no doubt about the Bills somehow saving money. That always is an issue around OBD. They still should have worked out some kind of trade months ago with him.

whats the going rate for a 33 year old DE?

k-oneputt
08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
whats the going rate for a 33 year old DE?

Not the point. The point is he didn't want to be here so work out something with him to keep him out of the division. I don't care if they got a bag of balls for him.
And the bills could still save their money.

superbills
08-04-2010, 11:12 AM
The Schizophrenia around here is mind boggling sometimes. When Schobel played here, we couldn't wait to replace him. He's too slow. He gets all of his sacks in garbage time. He's too quiet and reserved to be a leader. Yet, now that he might be available for another team it's "Oh, God! Schobel is going to KILL us when we play against him!" Take a breath for cripes sake. It's reactions like these that make me hate twitter as a medium for news. You never get the whole story and, while I'm one of the last to give the Bills Front Office the benefit of the doubt, I'll wait for the details to come out before declaring Buddy Nix a boob on this one.

we are
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Not the point. The point is he didn't want to be here so work out something with him to keep him out of the division. I don't care if they got a bag of balls for him.
And the bills could still save their money.

and you dont blame schobel at all for being extremely indecisive?

k-oneputt
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
and you dont blame schobel at all for being extremely indecisive?

I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming the front office for not taking care of this issue months ago.

justasportsfan
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
why are people worried if he signs with the pats? he's nothing but a garbage time DE right? He sucks.

X-Era
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
If Schefter is correct than Nix is a liar like every other FO stooge.

Didn't he just say yesterday that they would not release him?

No, Chris Brown did.

methos4ever
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
No, Chris Brown did.
To follow up with X's above quote, the only thing Buddy said was, "no" in response to any chance of him returning to the team.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Buddy-Nix-Comments-on-Aaron-Schobel/47a983ab-20e8-4743-807a-362e28823ceb

And for the "stooge" comment, how many fans here ever had a boss overrule you on a decision? Does that make you a stooge for listening? Are you going to walk into his/her office and declare I quit if you don't listen to me, even though you run the company?

we are
08-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming the front office for not taking care of this issue months ago.

how?

if they still thought there was a chance he was going to play, why would they trade him?

X-Era
08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
To follow up with X's above quote, the only thing Buddy said was, "no" in response to any chance of him returning to the team.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Buddy-Nix-Comments-on-Aaron-Schobel/47a983ab-20e8-4743-807a-362e28823ceb

And for the "stooge" comment, how many fans here ever had a boss overrule you on a decision? Does that make you a stooge for listening? Are you going to walk into his/her office and declare I quit if you don't listen to me, even though you run the company?
I just cant see that we had absolutely no takers. Not a single team that would trade anything. If that were true, he wont be signed by anyone, he has no worth. I wonder if they need the money for either Spillers deal or some other deal that they have planned. The timing is strange... why not wait.

The Bills should have gotten something out of this.

methos4ever
08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I just cant see that we had absolutely no takers. Not a single team that would trade anything. If that were true, he wont be signed by anyone, he has no worth. I wonder if they need the money for either Spillers deal or some other deal that they have planned. The timing is strange... why not wait.

The Bills should have gotten something out of this.
Agree. My only thought is no one wanted him for the contract, and knows that the possibility of playoffs/superbowl could lead him to play for relatively cheap. NO and Houston to me stick out, because of Greggo and Kollar being at each stop. And they're both closer to home than B-Lo.

If, however, he shows up for the NE Patriots, he is essentially saying his family issues were bs to shield him wanting to jump on a wagon Lebron style.

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
how?

if they still thought there was a chance he was going to play, why would they trade him?

He's north of 30.
He has a big contract (which, admittedly, might have made him hard to trade).
He's not a good fit for the 3-4, and by skipping mini-camps and OTA's, he didn't show a commitment to learning it.

That's why I would have traded him.

TacklingDummy
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Didn't the Redskins want Schobel a few years ago via trade? Should have took the deal.

we are
08-04-2010, 11:46 AM
He's north of 30.
He's not a good fit for the 3-4, and by skipping mini-camps and OTA's, he didn't show a commitment to learning it.

well this kind of goes to the point of him thinking of retiring....why would a team trade for a player that showed no signs that he wanted to play football this year?

methos4ever
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I enjoy listening to Florio and now Schein on Sirius mentioning how much of a leader that Schobel would be for a team that needs a DE. Schobel's been a good player, but he has never in my humble opinion been a leader.

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
well this kind of goes to the point of him thinking of retiring....why would a team trade for a player that showed no signs that he wanted to play football this year?

depends if they took it as a sign that he didn't want to play football or a sign that he didn't want to be in Buffalo.

And it wouldn't be the first time Schobel skipped out on off-season activities.

Bulldog
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I always got the impression that Schobel was here to collect a paycheck, nothing more.

PromoTheRobot
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
As for the 180 Nix did, I smell a certain 92 year old owner and his loaded adult diaper behind it.

PTR

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Christ, people are stupid sometimes.

Sometimes?

Methinks you underrate people.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
As for the 180 Nix did, I smell a certain 92 year old owner and his loaded adult diaper behind it.

PTR

What 180?

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Why would any team trade for him?

1. He does not fit the Bills defense.
2. He is old.
3. He has a big money deal with a big bonus due.
4. With the way he handled the situation, it was clear that the Bills needed him off the roster. Why trade for him when he will be a FA and you can sign him to a one year 3 million dollar deal instead of giving him over 6?

This is not Madden people. You can't invent trades and make them happen.

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 12:58 PM

2. He is old.
4. With the way he handled the situation, it was clear that the Bills needed him off the roster. Why trade for him when he will be a FA and you can sign him to a one year 3 million dollar deal instead of giving him over 6?

Clearly, a trade would have to involve a re-negotiated contract. But if he hits the open market, then you risk either getting outbid by another team or overpaying in order to outbid another team.

A 4-3 team in need of pass-rushing help would be willing to trade a low-round draft pick for Schobel if a new contract was negotiated.

mightysimi
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Clearly, a trade would have to involve a re-negotiated contract. But if he hits the open market, then you risk either getting outbid by another team or overpaying in order to outbid another team.

A 4-3 team in need of pass-rushing help would be willing to trade a low-round draft pick for Schobel if a new contract was negotiated.

But until now, he still hasn't even said he was playing. So you could have made a trade if he was playing but I don't think any GM in the world would offer up a draft pick for someone who might not play.

Beebe's Kid
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM

That is "an issue" around any business. At the end of the day the Bills #2 goal, directly followed by ruining your life, is to make money. If we saved money by releasing Schobel, is it worth a 7th round pick? Keep in mind how loud all of the little draft experts will cry about a 7th rounders chances of succeeding, and what they would be paid. Now that money could go towards extending a player with an expiring contract.

The amounts of money, both made and spent, are too large for many of us to fathom, but it isn't Monopoly money. It isn't grown on a tree and OBD. It is made by making business decisions.

If we keep Schobel to show him we won't back down, and he show's up...we're ****ed. We owe him $ and don't want him. His trade value is low, even for the "living legend" some people make him out to be. Veterans that "don't know" aren't worth a whole lot, unless they are named Brett Favre.

Beebe's Kid
08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
But until now, he still hasn't even said he was playing. So you could have made a trade if he was playing but I don't think any GM in the world would offer up a draft pick for someone who might not play.
But you can't complain about that. Bringing facts like that into the argument is unfair, and unwelcome.

We would have been better off with the 7th rounder for Op to ***** about not filling a need. Then when we cut him, you could say that we let the 2nd most sacks in team history go for a player that was not the ideal weight for his position, and besides, how many 7th rounders make it? Don't bring up any examples, because that is using the exception.

mightysimi
08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Regardless of all this, I like Schobel. Even if what you guys say is true about garbage time sacks, there are lots of people who play a long time with out having anywhere near 78 sacks.
If he just wants to play for 1 more year and just wants a crack at the playoffs, I will be glad if we release him because if we don't, we are no better than Detroit with Barry Sanders. He was a good, maybe not great, but very good player for Buffalo for quite a few years and I think he should get the opportunity.

better days
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Well its 2:30 PM, I just checked the Official Bills site & nothing on there about releasing Schobel.

k-oneputt
08-04-2010, 01:57 PM
That is "an issue" around any business. At the end of the day the Bills #2 goal, directly followed by ruining your life, is to make money. If we saved money by releasing Schobel, is it worth a 7th round pick? Keep in mind how loud all of the little draft experts will cry about a 7th rounders chances of succeeding, and what they would be paid. Now that money could go towards extending a player with an expiring contract.

The amounts of money, both made and spent, are too large for many of us to fathom, but it isn't Monopoly money. It isn't grown on a tree and OBD. It is made by making business decisions.

If we keep Schobel to show him we won't back down, and he show's up...we're ****ed. We owe him $ and don't want him. His trade value is low, even for the "living legend" some people make him out to be. Veterans that "don't know" aren't worth a whole lot, unless they are named Brett Favre.

I have no problem with them dumping Schobel. I expected it to happen. The f.o. should have made it happen months ago to Houston where they could have worked out the contract and money issues. Instead it becomes an issue during camp. I don't care if the Bills received anything but "future considerations".

Ickybaluky
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Well its 2:30 PM, I just checked the Official Bills site & nothing on there about releasing Schobel.

It is official now, the league has announced it. I imagine you will see the Bills acknowledge it soon.

Edit:

I just checked, and Chris Brown has a story up. (LINK (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-release-Schobel/58e6a835-2275-4201-978d-7638334e5e0d))

methos4ever
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
It's official.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-release-Schobel/58e6a835-2275-4201-978d-7638334e5e0d

Prov401
08-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm calling it now. Schobel to the Pats.

wmoz11
08-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Good luck, Schobel... whatever you do.

Adam Caplan says that playing for the Pats is "highly unlikely."

Novacane
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Why would they do this? Now a rival can sign him. They gave him exactly what he wanted. Uneffingbelievable :rolleyes:

SquishDaFish
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
You guys are unreal. No team in their right mind was or would of traded for him. He was on the fence of retiring so yea how can you say we could of traded him. No gm would ever have done that. It was obvious he wasnt going to play in Buffalo this year and hes getting old and due alot of money so once again NOONE would of traded for him. so get over it.

IF he does play I guarantee its a team in Texas.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
They should have traded Schobel for Brady. Straight up.

Morons.

mikemac2001
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I wish him good luck

unless he signs with a team just as far as us from Texas.

will show it wasn't about his family and just not wanting to be in buffalo

HHURRICANE
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Nix is a liar and Schobel did a great job of getting released.

Telling everyone he was old and washed up made sure he didn't get traded to a team of our choosing.

He's a scum and shame on our stupid front office for giving him a contract that ends when he's 36 years old with 28 million left on it.

But we couldn't pay Peters 35 million. Awesome!!

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Telling everyone he was old and washed up made sure he didn't get traded to a team of our choosing.

He's a scum and shame on our stupid front office for giving him a contract that ends when he's 36 years old with 28 million left on it.

Nix did not give him that contract.

What exactly did he lie about?

SquishDaFish
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Damn another thread with you talking about Peters again. Damn you want his peter? Damn bro get off his jock! Does he know the love you have for him?? You stalking him too??

mayotm
08-04-2010, 03:14 PM

But we couldn't pay Peters 35 million. Awesome!!Plus, the fo didn't give Joe Cribbs the money he deserved. About as relevant as Peters at this point.

yomommabilly
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I wish him good luck

unless he signs with a team just as far as us from Texas.

will show it wasn't about his family and just not wanting to be in buffalo

You may get what you wish for. Miami is about as far as Texas and there is chatter on the local news down there that Tuna and Sporano are interested.

Novacane
08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
They should have traded Schobel for Brady. Straight up.

Morons.

Only if they included Welker :up:

Philagape
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM

2. He is old.

Not to mention his shatty attitude. Either he's more wishy-washy than Charlie Brown, or he's a lying SOB. I wouldn't want a cancer like that on my team, at his age.

casdhf
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
He's north of 30.

And who would want to give something up for a player with those 3 strikes?

Philagape
08-04-2010, 05:17 PM

Schobel's a scum, but he has a ways to go to reach Peters-level scum

stuckincincy
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Schobel was a decent player for the Bills for several years. I wish him well.

YardRat
08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Schobel should have manned-up months ago and admitted he had no desire to be part of the transition.

Nix should've drawn the line when Aaron didn't show up for the OTA's, instead of waiting until now.

I wish Schobel the best, as long as it's not with a division rival, and I wish the Bills even better.

Ingtar33
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
he'll be a patriot before the end of the week... and start a run of 7 straight probowls at outside linebacker for BB; and get ball washed by euphoric reporters like he's the 2nd coming of Tedy Bruschi.

just you watch.

Goobylal
08-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Schobel will be a Texan, which wouldn't be a surprise. It also wouldn't surprise me that he has clandestinely been talking with them about joining them while he was "contemplating retirement" and this has been in the works for awhile, just waiting for him to get the bug again. It also wouldn't surprise me to learn he already had their defensive playbook. Hence the reason the Texans wouldn't trade for him and just waited until he was released.

mightysimi
08-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I hope he actually retires so all the conspiracy theories can go away.

I heard his sister's, friend's, cousin's hair dresser also cuts Mario Williams' hair so he must have planned all along to join the Texans.

Prov401
08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Good luck, Schobel... whatever you do.

Adam Caplan says that playing for the Pats is "highly unlikely."

<TABLE border=0 width=630><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%">Patriots | May be interested in Aaron Schobel
</TD><TD width="20%"> (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=660444-patriots-may-be-interested-in-aaron-schobel)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:26:58 -0400

The New England Patriots (http://billszone.com/team/24/nfl) may be interested in unrestricted free-agent DE Aaron Schobel (http://billszone.com/player/175/nfl) (Bills) because of their lack of depth at outside linebacker, reports ESPN.com (http://billszone.com/link/269).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz0vhwy7Edu (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz0vhwy7Edu)

I live in NE, and Belicheck has always spoken highly of two things on our team. Our special teams, and Aaron Schobel. As I said before, I believe Schobel will be a Pat very soon.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Going to the Pats is the reason the front office needed to get off their ass months ago and worked something out w/Houston.

Ickybaluky
08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Owner Bob McNair admitted Thursday the Texans are interested in former Buffalo defensive end Aaron Schobel.
Schobel, who was waived by the Bills on Wednesday, is a free agent who wants to sign with the Texans if he elects to play a 10th season. Other teams are interested in Schobel.
“(General manager) Rick (Smith) is talking with our coaches, and they’re evaluating things and trying to determine exactly what role a player like Aaron would fill,” McNair said. “We all respect him.
“He’s a good player, and I’ve always admired the way he plays the game. He’s certainly played hard every time he’s played against us. He’s got a great reputation around the league.
“I think anybody would be happy to have him.”

LINK (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7141743.html)

Nighthawk
08-05-2010, 09:34 PM
No offense, but Schobel is now an ex-Bill...I'm pretty much done with him now.

Goobylal
08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I hope he actually retires so all the conspiracy theories can go away.

I heard his sister's, friend's, cousin's hair dresser also cuts Mario Williams' hair so he must have planned all along to join the Texans.
I retract what I wrote in the post above yours. As I said in the other thread, that Schobel wants to take another week or two to decide whether he's coming back more or less proves that he fully intended to retire and got the urge to play a few weeks ago. Otherwise he would have said "I'm ready to play right now" and signed with the Texans.

Ickybaluky
08-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I retract what I wrote in the post above yours. As I said in the other thread, that Schobel wants to take another week or two to decide whether he's coming back more or less proves that he fully intended to retire and got the urge to play a few weeks ago. Otherwise he would have said "I'm ready to play right now" and signed with the Texans.

Or... he has wanted to play all along and just didn't want to go through training camp.

better days
08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Or... he has wanted to play all along and just didn't want to go through training camp.

He must REALLY hate Camp to jepordize an 8 Mill Contract. I doubt he gets half that much if he plays now.

DynaPaul
08-06-2010, 05:52 PM
He's not gonna go to the Patriots. If he goes anywhere it's going to be one of the two teams in Texas.

Goobylal
08-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah that might fly...if he was Brett Favre. But Schobel is nowhere near a HOF caliber player. He's doing the Texans a great disservice not making his mind up quickly.

Beebe's Kid
08-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Going to the Pats is the reason the front office needed to get off their ass months ago and worked something out w/Houston.
You aren't going to understand, are you? The FO didn't exactly have a line of suitors for the magnificent Schobel's services.

He is known to not be a hard worker, was undecided on retirement, and was all set to make a pile of money. I know on Madden you can get a king's ransom for him, I did every year, but in real life, he wasn't an attractive option.