PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Spiller does not want to be a Bill

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Bills are getting shredded by Kirwan and Ryan, no upgrade of O-Line when we already had two good RB's, Schobel walking, etc. Speculating Spiller is not signing as he doesn't want to be a Bill, can't blame him, I wouldn't want to play in Buffalo either.

SquishDaFish
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I doubt thats the problem.

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Bills are getting shredded by Kirwan and Ryan, no upgrade of O-Line when we already had two good RB's, Schobel walking, etc. Speculating Spiller is not signing as he doesn't want to be a Bill, can't blame him, I wouldn't want to play in Buffalo either.

Agreed- this is what a decade of incompetence will get you. And look at our last 3 RB's- Henry, McGahee, Lynch- Henry and McGahee both ended up disgruntled and traded, and Lynch could be headed in the same direction. At the very least, the Spiller pick gives him cause for concern.

ddaryl
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I have watched and read interviews from Spiller and never once did I ever got that impression. In fact he sems the type that will p;lay for any team and plays because he has a love for the game...

I really do not beleive this to be the issue at all... I bet it is guarenteed money and years on the contract.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Now these guys slap us in the face by putting a Dolphin fan in full regalia on the air from our camp. This is an utter joke, the Bills are truly the bottom of the NFL barrel.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
This sounds completely fabricated. Where are these two douchebags getting this info?

It is a case of 2 years in a row Oakland when crazy with their contract on the player picked directly before the Bills.

Also it is a new regime. Stop pulling in all the crap that happened with Brandon and Donahoe. This regime's goodness or Ineptness is not even determined yet and has not thing do with past crap.

mayotm
08-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, many people will take the speculation by those two clowns as fact. Nobody actually reports news anymore. It's just specualtion, rumor, opions, etc. Not only in sports, but news in general. It's annoying!

Mike in Syracuse
If Spiller didn't want to be a Bill why would he have shown up for all the off season activities?

I swear, some of you have the brainpower of a squirrel.

HAMMER
I have watched and read interviews from Soiller and never once did I ever got that impression. In fact he sems the type that will p;lay for any team and plays because he has a love for the game...

I really do not beleive this to be the issue at all... I bet it is guarenteed money and years on the contract.

I wouldn't be so sure, can you think of a worse place to be drafted than Buffalo? No O-Line, two other solid backs so your carries are greatly diminished, cruddy weather, fat ugly women, no nightlife, taxes are high, etc. etc.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
This sounds completely fabricated. Where are these two douchebags getting this info?

It is a case of 2 years in a row Oakland when crazy with their contract on the player picked directly before the Bills.

Also it is a new regime. Stop pulling in all the crap that happened with Brandon and Donahoe. This regime's goodness or Ineptness is not even determined yet and has not thing do with past crap.

It is not info, it was speculation as I clearly stated.

mayotm
Also, somebody posted a Spiller tweet earlier today. In that tweet, Spiller signed "Go Bills". He probably wouldn't do so if he didn't want to be in Buffalo.

Zero

Im calling B.S. on this statement. Everything I've hear on Spiller says that is not the type of player he is. Even the things that he said on draft day and afterwards give me the impression that the kid is a competitor and will play for any team as long as he is given the chance to show & prove. IMO he gets signed very soon and this minor episode will be an afterthought...

OpIv37
08-04-2010, 03:00 PM

Funny how Nix was here last year and Brandon, Overdorf, Modrak and Ralph are still here, yet people insist that it's a "new regime."

Funny how people keep insisting that this "new regime" will be different, yet, they're having the same old problem with the first round pick....

Yes, it's speculation and it doesn't appear that they have any concrete info to back it up. But the only reason they are speculating about this is because of the horrid way this organization deals with players. The organization has created a situation where it makes sense.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:01 PM
If Spiller didn't want to be a Bill why would he have shown up for all the off season activities?

I swear, some of you have the brainpower of a squirrel.

Don't shoot the messenger.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Kirwan is a solid reporter. If he's shredding us we deserve it.

Ralph is pretty much a known loser.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Funny how Nix was here last year and Brandon, Overdorf, Modrak and Ralph are still here, yet people insist that it's a "new regime."

Funny how people keep insisting that this "new regime" will be different, yet, they're having the same old problem with the first round pick....

Yes, it's speculation and it doesn't appear that they have any concrete info to back it up. But the only reason they are speculating about this is because of the horrid way this organization deals with players. The organization has created a situation where it makes sense.

It blows my mind that Modrak is still here, how many times can you miss on a first round pick and still be allowed to stick around? He must have something on Old Man Smithers!

SquishDaFish
As the same with your posting HH

mayotm
Kirwan is a solid reporter. If he's shredding us we deserve it.

Ralph is pretty much a known loser.Shredding us is one thing. Fabricating things about Spiller not wanting to be a Bill is completely different. It's irresponsbile if it has not basis. That's not solid reporting.

ddaryl
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't be so sure, can you think of a worse place to be drafted than Buffalo? No O-Line, two other solid backs so your carries are greatly diminished, cruddy weather, fat ugly women, no nightlife, taxes are high, etc. etc.

yeah I'm sure.... and I don't know who you hang out with, but I never had trouble hanging out with cute women in Buffalo when I lived there.

Outside of taxes I really don't think anything on that list is a deal breaker.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
People, settle down, it was speculation, nothing more. As Op pointed out, there is a reason they would even say it, Buffalo's ownership and FO are not highly regarded.

better days
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Fat ugly women? I will admit many put a few lbs on over the winter (helps them keep warm) but they are far from ugly. If you see a pretty woman in LA or South Beach, chances are she is from Buffalo. I dated girls in HS that were far prettier than actresses I see on TV.

HAMMER
yeah I'm sure.... and I don't know who you hang out with, but I never had trouble hanging out with cute women in Buffalo when I lived there.

Outside of taxes I really don't think anything on that list is a deal breaker.

There are some cuties, few and far between though, at least relatively speaking.

X-Era
No, this is BS.

He's not signed because Spiller's agent is being a douche.

That said, the Bills would be to strike a deal with Spiller fast and kill the negative attention about the Schobel move.

HAMMER
Fat ugly women? I will admit many put a few lbs on over the winter (helps them keep warm) but they are far from ugly. If you see a pretty woman in LA or South Beach, chances are she is from Buffalo. I dated girls in HS that were far prettier than actresses I see on TV.

LMAO.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Agreed- this is what a decade of incompetence will get you. And look at our last 3 RB's- Henry, McGahee, Lynch- Henry and McGahee both ended up disgruntled and traded, and Lynch could be headed in the same direction. At the very least, the Spiller pick gives him cause for concern.

Henry was disgruntled because he ran out of women to impregnate and people to buy the drugs he was selling.

Willis thought he was disgruntled and then realized he could not spell the word so he gave up.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
BTW, to say no OL really is not accurate. No OTs? Sure.

But I am not giving up on Wood and Levitre like some of you are.

we are
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM

yeah....because all those guys are ****ing scumbags. Henry and Mcgahee are absolute pieces of trash going from woman to woman unprotected, not to mention no one FORCED Willis to make those comments and want out.

yes there was speculation on Lynch, but it was HIS fault. Not the Bills fault that he got drunk and hit a pedestrian, not the Bills fault he got suspended, not the Bills fault he showed up out of shape last season and played extremely poorly (all of those things led to the trade speculation)

If you don't act like a ****ing *******, you dont get treated like one. Its that simple.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Whatever, our O-Line has sucked for ten years, until they prove otherwise we have no O-Line.

X-Era
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Personally, I love that we have Wood and Levitre. Hand is decent, I think were solid in the interior.

And just to throw a positive spin in, I could easily see Bell becoming a solid LT by the end of this season; not stellar but solid. As for Green, he's not horrible, hes an average RT.

Last year we had shotty play due to injuries and no one jelling.

djjimkelly
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, many people will take the speculation by those two clowns as fact. Nobody actually reports news anymore. It's just specualtion, rumor, opions, etc. Not only in sports, but news in general. It's annoying!

this is due to the fact that most people are way below average intelligence levels and are gullible. and will take things as fact because they are inept.

just think of the millions of people who actually believe in religion.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Whatever, our O-Line has sucked for ten years, until they prove otherwise we have no O-Line.

And the run blocking was actually not horrible last year.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
And the run blocking was actually not horrible last year.

"Not horrible" is not what we need big guy.

SquishDaFish
08-04-2010, 03:16 PM

I totally agree. I love the Interior of the line

BillsOwnAll

We used two top picks on O line last year?

Zero
There are some cuties, few and far between though, at least relatively speaking.

THere were some VERY HOT women in Toronto as I recall. That drive up to TO is well worth it!

mayotm
"Not horrible" is not what we need big guy.We don't know what the run blocking will be like this year. We haven't even seen a pre-season game yet.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
It is not info, it was speculation as I clearly stated.
Got you but really why would they even bother with nonsense like that? Furthermore why would anyone believe it?

For these idiots to speculate that as the reason adds to the reasons why I hate sports journalism.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
We don't know what the run blocking will be like this year. We haven't even seen a pre-season game yet.

Let's hope it's good, or we will be 1-15.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
"Not horrible" is not what we need big guy.
That is different than having "no O-line".

EDS
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Knowing Oakland's contract strategies should have provided the Bills front office with some incentive to get the deal done early (i.e., before Oakland).

Maybe they tried.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
THere were some VERY HOT women in Toronto as I recall. That drive up to TO is well worth it!
Oh HELL YEAH. Love Toronto whey they aren't trying to steal the bills.

tampabay25690
08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
This thread is BS.........

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
That is different than having "no O-line".

Do you really want to argue about our crappy O-Line? I really don't need to as everyone knows they have been horrible.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
This statement is so ignorant it makes me want to throw up.

I can guarantee you wouldn't have been able to hang with the night I had last Saturday. It was completely unplanned but not unlike many nights I have had in Buffalo throughout my 33 years. All I can say is I had tons of fun, I saw so many amazingly hot women, and it didn't take place at a strip club.

You are right on the high taxes and crappy weather though.

The comment on the women and the nightlife is just so stupid though. You are smarter than that.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
And I have been to San Diego a couple times. I hated it. Of course per capita the women are hotter, but the per capita pretensious douchebag factor is through the roof. I had 0 fun in San Diego.

psubills62
08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Do you really want to argue about our crappy O-Line? I really don't need to as everyone knows they have been horrible.

They have been and will continue to be horrible in pass protection. But they were good enough in the run game to help a former undrafted free agent get to 4.5 YPA.

The idea that Spiller doesn't want to come to Buffalo is crap. It is purely speculation, as has been said (Kirwan a reporter, HH? Don't make me laugh). Did Crabtree not want to go to San Francisco?

psubills62
And I have been to San Diego a couple times. I hated it. Of course per capita the women are hotter, but the per capita pretensious douchebag factor is through the roof. I had 0 fun in San Diego.

That's too bad. I've had a lot of fun in San Diego twice. It's a beautiful city, albeit expensive as anything.

Novacane
The Bills have enough legit things to rip them about without making things up. Spiller has never given even an tiny hint that he feels that way.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
They have been and will continue to be horrible in pass protection. But they were good enough in the run game to help a former undrafted free agent get to 4.5 YPA.

The idea that Spiller doesn't want to come to Buffalo is crap. It is purely speculation, as has been said (Kirwan a reporter, HH? Don't make me laugh). Did Crabtree not want to go to San Francisco?
This is a fantastic point. They are more than competent in the Run blocking game. Since Spiller is a Running Back it is moot.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
This statement is so ignorant it makes me want to throw up.

I can guarantee you wouldn't have been able to hang with the night I had last Saturday. It was completely unplanned but not unlike many nights I have had in Buffalo throughout my 33 years. All I can say is I had tons of fun, I saw so many amazingly hot women, and it didn't take place at a strip club.

You are right on the high taxes and crappy weather though.

The comment on the women and the nightlife is just so stupid though. You are smarter than that.

You can't guarantee I couldn't hang, I could bury you in beer foam and Crown Royal fumes young man. My liver is well seasoned, you have much to learn from me young man. In regard to the women, I should be nicer, I apologize to all the cute girls in Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
That's too bad. I've had a lot of fun in San Diego twice. It's a beautiful city, albeit expensive as anything.
I will admit that the laid back style doesn't suit me or my crew at all. It certainly is a beautiful place.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM

He's just being contrarian, he was probably hanging with douchebags to begin with.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:31 PM
You can't guarantee I couldn't hang, I could bury you in beer foam and Crown Royal fumes young man. My liver is well seasoned, you have much to learn from me young man. In regard to the women, I should be nicer, I apologize to all the cute girls in Buffalo.
I suppose you are right. Get to Buffalo for a game and stop the HATE!!!! :hi5:

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I suppose you are right. Get to Buffalo for a game and stop the HATE!!!! :hi5:

I come to two games a year, wife and I will be there for Jets and Jags games.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
He's just being contrarian, he was probably hanging with douchebags to begin with.
I have only been there twice. 1 time for a Bills game and one time for work. So it is a small sample size. For the Bills game we were a rowdy, raucus crew rolling 15 deep. We were probably a bit to wild, but that was our style.

For work I was hanging with a business crew and everyone I met came off as spoiled and arrogant, which are 2 things I dispise.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
I come to two games a year, wife and I will be there for Jets and Jags games.
Very cool. Do you associate with Zone events or do you have your own thing? I generally don't come around the tailgates but could make the trek for a beer.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I believe it was roughly two weeks ago I got into a discussion with somebody on here about how well respected Kirwan was and I countered that if he mentions one negative thing about the Bills he will get killed despite being a well respected solid reporter.

The prosecution rests.

As for the speculation, if Spiller didnt want to be here, we would know about it before now. This is too late in the process to pull something like that.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I believe it was roughly two weeks ago I got into a discussion with somebody on here about how well respected Kirwan was and I countered that if he mentions one negative thing about the Bills he will get killed despite being a well respected solid reporter.

The prosecution rests.

As for the speculation, if Spiller didnt want to be here, we would know about it before now. This is too late in the process to pull something like that.

Kirwan does excellent work, one of the most knowledgeable guys covering the NFL.

psubills62
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
This is a fantastic point. They are more than competent in the Run blocking game. Since Spiller is a Running Back it is moot.

And I didn't even mention - Jackson managed to get 4.5 YPA despite our OL having 10,000,000 injuries last year. Seriously, how many different people did we start on our OL again? We were down to Levitre at LT at one point. Probably ~10 different OL combinations, but still did well in the run game.

HAMMER
Very cool. Do you associate with Zone events or do you have your own thing? I generally don't come around the tailgates but could make the trek for a beer.

I hang with my cousins and friends, let's meet for a beer this year.

THATHURMANATOR

The prosecution rests.

I know nothing about Kirwan and it really isn't the point, at least not in this situation. My only beef was they speculate some crap like this without any basis. It is purely this guys opinion, then people act like it is fact. That is all I am saying sir.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Kirwan does excellent work, one of the most knowledgeable guys covering the NFL.

I agree but he is immediately bashed and sucks by our fan base because he is critical of the Bills....god forbid.

Ickybaluky
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Does it matter if he wants to be there or not?

Even if he doesn't like Buffalo, what the hell else is he going to do but sign and play out his rookie deal?

He was picked #9 overall and stands to get a big payday with $20M+ guaranteed money. After this season, there is a possible lockout and there is likely to be a new CBA that will drastically reduce what incoming rookies will sign for. This is the last year of the big rookie payday. Is he going to give up tens of millions of dollars because he doesn't like the weather? No chance. He will sign and be in camp eventually.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree but he is immediately bashed and sucks by our fan base because he is critical of the Bills....god forbid.
He should be bashed for this. Just because someone is good doesn't mean they are above the law. Stop licking Pat Kirwin.

Novacane
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Critical of the Bills...........deserved. Suggesting Spiller may not want to play in Buffalo.....................speculation and unprofessional if he has nothing to back it up.

don137
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I could care less who reported it. Anyone that has heard Spiller talk knows he is a high character guy. The holdout is due to Spiller's agent wanting more than what is slotted and/or the Bills front office being cheap.
I remember listening to an interview with Spiller on the radio before the draft and he said that whatever team drafts him will get a player that will not cause problems in the media or locker room no matter what team it is. His goal is to get that team to the super bowl and be a team player. I really loved what he had to say.

SquishDaFish
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I agree with Nova. Being critical is fine but talking out your ass like he did and like HH does is another

DrGraves
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
who cares if he signs or not.... we are only going to win 3 games either way.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I could care less who reported it. Anyone that has heard Spiller talk knows he is a high character guy. The holdout is due to Spiller's agent wanting more than what is slotted and/or the Bills front office being cheap.
I remember listening to an interview with Spiller on the radio before the draft and he said that whatever team drafts him will get a player that will not cause problems in the media or locker room no matter what team it is. His goal is to get that team to the super bowl and be a team player. I really loved what he had to say.

So he said the right things, his current actions are not reflecting those words as holding out does nothing but hurt the TEAM. The numbers are what they are, sounds like he needs to get his agent on board with his "high character" approach.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I know nothing about Kirwan and it really isn't the point, at least not in this situation. My only beef was they speculate some crap like this without any basis. It is purely this guys opinion, then people act like it is fact. That is all I am saying sir.

Well its not 100% baseless, you have a pick who is clearly slotted that has still not signed despite negotiations being on going. Buffalo has never previously had any issue with long unresolved rookie holdouts in modern history and so one is left to wonder what the issue could be.

Is it convoluted logic? Yes, but the question is one that should of crossed through many of our own minds before Kirwan uttered it. Spiller wouldnt be the first or last person who didnt want to play for the Bills.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Critical of the Bills...........deserved. Suggesting Spiller may not want to play in Buffalo.....................speculation and unprofessional if he has nothing to back it up.

See my other post, and Im not suggesting Kirwan is right because I dont think he is, but its not completely out of the question either.

Novacane
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Well its not 100% baseless.

Yes it is. It is pure speculation.

SquishDaFish
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Well its not 100% baseless, you have a pick who is clearly slotted that has still not signed despite negotiations being on going. Buffalo has never previously had any issue with long unresolved rookie holdouts in modern history and so one is left to wonder what the issue could be.

Is it convoluted logic? Yes, but the question is one that should of crossed through many of our own minds before Kirwan uttered it. Spiller wouldnt be the first or last person who didnt want to play for the Bills.

I agree with you to a point. Have you heard Spiller or read what he wrote? He does not come off that type of person. He LOVES football and im sure he wants to be in camp. Its a matter of incentives and cash.

Novacane
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
See my other post, and Im not suggesting Kirwan is right because I dont think he is, but its not completely out of the question either.

I would never say it is completely out of the question but everything we've seen and heard out of Spiller suggest it's not the case. Kirwan is just thinking outloud imo. I'm not hating on him. I'm just calling it what it is. Speculation.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I agree with you to a point. Have you heard Spiller or read what he wrote? He does not come off that type of person. He LOVES football and im sure he wants to be in camp. Its a matter of incentives and cash.

Having worked in PR field before I dont care what he says or wrote and neither should you. Its all spin for the most part just like it is with politicians.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM

Incentives could be a huge issue, and he will have trouble reaching them with a 3-back rotation.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Yes it is. It is pure speculation.

Then give us the exact reason that Spiller hasn't signed yet with proof and links. Until you can everything could be the reason, speculation or not, it is not baseless.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Incentives could be a huge issue, and he will have trouble reaching them with a 3-back rotation.

Which is what I think the issue is and because of that I believe that he wants to get over slot guaranteed money because of how difficult it will be for him to hit incentives and I can't say I blame him for that either.

Novacane
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Having worked in PR field before I dont care what he says or wrote and neither should you. Its all spin for the most part just like it is with politicians.

In todays media frenzy something would have leaked if that was the case. Why are you defending Kirwans speculation when you've already said you don't believe it to be the case?

Buffalogic
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
More suicide watch for bills fans. The self pity really is annoying. It's only 1 week into camp. CJ hasn't signed so I guess that means he doesn't want to be a bill...

I mean that is some sad, crybaby ****. When he's in camp next week you people can stop crying.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
In todays media frenzy something would have leaked if that was the case. Why are you defending Kirwans speculation when you've already said you don't believe it to be the case?

Because he is one the most well respected people in the media and even if he is just speculating its worth talking about and discussing and not just dismissing like the vindictive, vengeful fan base we have become.

BILLSROCK1212
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
maybe not his preference, but no ****ing chance that's the reason for the hold up

THATHURMANATOR
**** EVERYONE!!!! KILLL ALLLL MEDIA!!!!!!

HAMMER
More suicide watch for bills fans. The self pity really is annoying. It's only 1 week into camp. CJ hasn't signed so I guess that means he doesn't want to be a bill...

I mean that is some sad, crybaby ****. When he's in camp next week you people can stop crying.

I don't see anyone crying, just discussing speculation from the media. I do wallow in pity though, how could you not as a Buffalo sports fan? 0 championships with two major sports over the last thirty plus years, that is pity worthy.

Novacane
Speak for yourself DB. I'm not vindictive and vengeful. Kirwan can say whatever he wants. I just don't think there is anything to it. I bet he doesn't even think it's the case. He's just throwing it out there for something to talk about on a talk show. Imagine that!

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Speak for yourself DB. I'm not vindictive and vengeful. Kirwan can say whatever he wants. I just don't think there is anything to it. I bet he doesn't even think it's the case. He's just throwing it out there for something to talk about on a talk show. Imagine that!

FWIW, Ryan made the comment, Kirwan hesitated and then said, "maybe true".

better days
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Then give us the exact reason that Spiller hasn't signed yet with proof and links. Until you can everything could be the reason, speculation or not, it is not baseless.

Well why don't you provide proof that he does not want to play in Buffalo. It is baseless speculation with no proof.

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Well why don't you provide proof that he does not want to play in Buffalo. It is baseless speculation with no proof.

Of course it is, it is stated in the thread title, this is for discussion purposes only.

DraftBoy
08-04-2010, 04:39 PM

I'm not speaking about you specifically which is why I said fanbase not you Novacanw specifically are vindicative and vengeful.

justasportsfan
08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I have a speculation, Kirwan and co. will look like idiots when all is said and done.

Beebe's Kid
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I think it is funny that there are 49 threads dealing with Spiller's contract, and I have seen, possibly, 2 mentions of his agents.

We know how they make their money right? That's right, they get a %. I am sure many of you know who Scot Boras is...do you think his % is higher or lower than the agents representing Spiller? Why do you think Boras' % is higher, and he has so many more clients? I will go out on a limb and say it is because he sets records and rewrites trends every time he negotiates a big contract...

It has been speculated that Spiller's agents are trying to "over-slot" his guaranteed $, which I see was mentioned here by DB. Do you think it possible that this "rumor" was put in Kirwan's ears by CJ's agents?

Even thought I think we handled Schobel the only way we could, X was correct when he said this could fuel the Bills to solve this quickly. That would be a perfect strategy for his agents. Schobel was let go for several reasons, one being he wasn't going to fit in this teams direction. Neither does "I don't want to be here." The agents are smart enough to know that, and may hope that this spurs the whole thing to get handled.

I know this is a wild conspiracy theory, it is probably something simple like Marv and Thurman's goat have been pulling a Weekend at Bernie's with Ralph for sometime, and they are afraid to spend money, lest they be found out, because we all know Ralph never spent any money at that every draft pick since 1921 has held out.

JCBills
08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
If Spiller didn't want to be a Bill he wouldn't have come to the optional camps.

JCBills
08-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I will admit that the laid back style doesn't suit me or my crew at all. It certainly is a beautiful place.

Drink it in, it always goes down smooth.

more cowbell
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Lived in both San Diego and Buffalo. Completely incorrect, NY as a whole is filled with arrogant, stupid, un-educated meatheads who wear TAPOUT shirts and think they're hardcore.

San Diego is filled with awesome people, and it is a very relaxed town...not a miserable town like Buffalo...

Turf
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM
And yet another misleading thread title.

jimbledsoe
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM

this thread makes me sad.

YardRat
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
It's Kirwan and Ryan...Who cares ??

HAMMER
08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
And yet another misleading thread title.

How so, it says exactly what it was....speculation. Do you understand what speculation means?

Chewytie
08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Figured I would throw this in here

From Spiller's twitter feed:

Watching my favorite rocky 3 so if ppl keep talkin trash ab wats going on I'm get my rocky on wit sumbody. Go bills #21

Buddo
08-04-2010, 05:44 PM

First part, largely 'spin'. Nix was here, but nowhere near the GM position he now holds. New GM + New HC = New Regime. Rocket science that isn't.

Second part. Way off the mark as far as I can see. Of the previous 3 years, both Whitner and Lynch hardly missed any time at all. The situation with Maybin was created in part with Crabtree holding out, and it affected not only Maybin, but at least one other guy, maybe two. That situation was distinctly 'agent fuelled'. You can't blame the FO for it. (Well, I suppose you can if you want, but it's a nonsense).

The third part, is also pretty silly tbh. The Bills haven't had any real grief from anyone about their dealings with players. Seems as though you want to extend being a poor team onto players contracts. About the only guy who has been given the 'bum's rush', was Peters, and that was as much for being a greedy SOB, as anything else. While they can certainly be accused in the past of incompetence in respect of who to pay, and how much to pay them, I don't think there's any sense that they aren't actually decent employers from a general perspective.

PromoTheRobot
08-04-2010, 06:17 PM

If that were true then why did he show up to OTA's? If he didn't want to play here he'd have skipped them.

PTR

tampabay25690
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
OK I listened to SIRIUS today too and there was a ton of positive coming out of there as welll........

This THREAD is absoulte Bull **** IMO.......

Talked about TROUP looking real good out there...
Carrington Looking real good.
Chan was saying that his WR crew is pretty loaded and looking good....
Said he needs to get the ball to ROSCOE and make things happen...

He did say we will see how MAYBIN handles the everyday OLB spot....

Spiller sepculation is a bunch of ****...........

justasportsfan
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
But the only reason they are speculating about this is because of the horrid way this organization deals with players.

you're smarter than this OP.

The only reason why they created this speculation is because they are media. Controversy sells. The reaction in this thread is exactly why they created this crap.

elltrain22
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
This thread is 110% spam. Common sense should've prevented you from posting this onto this mesage board.

justasportsfan
08-04-2010, 06:55 PM
This thread is 110% spam. Common sense should've prevented you from posting this onto this mesage board.

hammer was only reporting what he heard. don't have a problem with it.

Night Train
08-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd play Cricket for India if they offered me 15-20 Mil.

He'll sign.

Stop the nonsense.

YardRat
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Chan was saying that his WR crew is pretty loaded and looking good....

Obviously Chan isn't afraid to sling a little **** around either.

Lefty2985
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
maybin held out for way longer. its nothin new with the bills and signing there 1st rounders

dannyek71
08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
These guys want $$$ more than anything

Tbuffalobills
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
His agent is most likely greedy! Just sign

mrbojanglezs
08-04-2010, 09:19 PM
of course this is the spin national media puts on it....go figure, thats not it at all

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2010, 11:29 PM

did you hit yourself in the head with a hammer? you had to of to actually believe this crap, yet to even waste your time posting it on a forum. two knuckleheads making up bulls**t to get their names talked about. complete bull****, IMO.