• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

My take on the Bills so far...

My take on the Bills so far:

POSITIVES:

1) The Defense is starting to look for real. Maybin and Ellis are making plays and we might actually have a pass rush. If the secondary lives up to it's billing than we are going to be in alot of ball games this year.

2) Our RBs look terrific. Lynch look amazing. Like our secondary, we might have one of the deepest set of RBs in the league.

NEGATIVES:

1) Our passing offense is terrible. Last night QBs were running for their lives. Whether you are a Brohm fan, Trent fan, or Fitz fan, none of these guys is getting a fair shot back there.

2) The passing games is struggling becuase our tackles are horrible. HORRIBLE! PATHETIC. PUTRID! The Bills need to go out and trade an RB for one or make a deal. This team is dead if we do nothing.

3) Back to QB. If you aren't going to fix the line than we have the wrong QBs on this team. I never thought I'd say this but it's time to get Michael Vick. This guy knows how to play on a team with no o-line. I watched him in Atlanta and he's perfect for this team. Fllame away.

I actually think the Bills could be good this year if they had two tackles. Sad that we are going to blow the whole season on two positions.
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Re: My take on the Bills so far...

To be fair, Bell didn't practice last night and hasn't really been too involved in full-team activities. I'm not saying he's our savior or anything, but at least acknowledge that.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
      To be fair, Bell didn't practice last night and hasn't really been too involved in full-team activities. I'm not saying he's our savior or anything, but at least acknowledge that.
      Based on what I saw out of Bell last year, and the fact that instead of getting bigger, stronger, and better in the off-season he spent it recovering from a major injury, why would I have any belief that it will be better with him out there?

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

POSITIVES:

1) The Defense is starting to look for real. Maybin and Ellis are making plays and we might actually have a pass rush. If the secondary lives up to it's billing than we are going to be in alot of ball games this year.

2) Our RBs look terrific. Lynch look amazing. Like our secondary, we might have one of the deepest set of RBs in the league.

NEGATIVES:

1) Our passing offense is terrible. Last night QBs were running for their lives. Whether you are a Brohm fan, Trent fan, or Fitz fan, none of these guys is getting a fair shot back there.

2) The passing games is struggling becuase our tackles are horrible. HORRIBLE! PATHETIC. PUTRID! The Bills need to go out and trade an RB for one or make a deal. This team is dead if we do nothing.

3) Back to QB. If you aren't going to fix the line than we have the wrong QBs on this team. I never thought I'd say this but it's time to get Michael Vick. This guy knows how to play on a team with no o-line. I watched him in Atlanta and he's perfect for this team. Fllame away.

I actually think the Bills could be good this year if they had two tackles. Sad that we are going to blow the whole season on two positions.
        P1) We'll have to see in preseason if this is legit or if it's merely a result of N2 - our horrible OT's. I think it's a little bit of both, as I don't believe our pass rush is quite as good as it looks in TC so far, but it's not going to be bad.

P2) I like this. I'm betting we'll keep 4 RB's, but if they can find a way, they may end up keeping 5 RB's and 1 FB. As DB keeps mentioning, Gailey kept 6 tailbacks on the roster in Dallas. It's not that far-fetched. Especially considering our RB's are some of our best weapons, since our WR corps is so weak.

N1/N2) That's too bad. Hopefully the OL will be a little better with a healthy Demetrius Bell, though I'm not going to count on it. I think our best chance of doing well is Gailey implementing offensive game plans that account for our poor OT's.

N3) Vick isn't the solution. Gailey seems content just seeing where Edwards/Brohm/Fitz are at while under his own leadership, and developing Levi Brown as much as possible. If they don't like the QB situation for the future, they'll draft one next year.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Based on what I saw out of Bell last year, and the fact that instead of getting bigger, stronger, and better in the off-season he spent it recovering from a major injury, why would I have any belief that it will be better with him out there?
          Yea god forbid the guy got healthy! How stupid can he be?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

This team has needed two o-tackles for years, and it never seems to get addressed. Bell may be functional when he isn't injured, which seems to be often since he's been here. after that it is always late rd. draft picks and other teams trash.
            Nice strategy this f.o. uses.
            We have good running backs though. To bad they have nowhere to run. At least with Spiller he can make this o-line look better then they really are. That's of course if they use him as more then a token.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Regarding Bell, as bad as he may be in comparison to LT's around the league, he's still a lot better than what we currently have. Do people understand what kind of position he was in last year? He was thrown into the starting position right before the season started, having barely practiced with the 1st team at LT previously, he was still very raw and inexperienced, and played in the no-huddle (you guys don't think that contributed to the high # of penalties he incurred?).

He certainly deserves a chance, if only because he appears to be the best option we have. I think it says a lot that Bell has barely practiced at all up to this point, yet Meredith hasn't passed him on the depth chart at LT.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by psubills62
                Regarding Bell, as bad as he may be in comparison to LT's around the league, he's still a lot better than what we currently have. Do people understand what kind of position he was in last year? He was thrown into the starting position right before the season started, having barely practiced with the 1st team at LT previously, he was still very raw and inexperienced, and played in the no-huddle (you guys don't think that contributed to the high # of penalties he incurred?).

He certainly deserves a chance, if only because he appears to be the best option we have. I think it says a lot that Bell has barely practiced at all up to this point, yet Meredith hasn't passed him on the depth chart at LT.
                Agreed...Bell's penalties were false starts. He was having trouble with the snap count. That seems to be an easy enough problem to be coached on...the problem was the lack of coaches. I was frustrated with Edwards for his reaction to the false starts...he seemed irritated, and instead of talking to the guy that was in charge of protecting him, he appeared to pout.

I think that Bell is going to be better than many think, especially if their is some continuity to what we are doing on offense.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Yea god forbid the guy got healthy! How stupid can he be?
                  What is your deal? Yes, it's not his fault that he got injured and has to spend his time recovering.

However, for a guy that struggled at LT last year before he got hurt he needed the off-season to get better at the position. Obviously it was out of his control but it's the same result regardless.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                    • Feb 2009

I will say this about the oline, it's no coiencidence that every day Wood is out they suck. They are much better with him there and Bell, when he's played has actually done a better job than I thought he would.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

what i've heard on bell from friends who have met him said, it's kind of stunning how he's not like other linemen they've met. they said he comes off as very fat compared to other linemen where they are big but come off as very powerful.

I never saw this for my own two eyes, but i thought that was interesting. If that is true, it probably means he isn't ever going to be the LT we need him to be. Really wish wang wasn't injured. he comes off as a competitor and a strong guy with a good work ethic.

And then you have meredith who can't really unseat bell. it's pretty pathetic.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

What is your deal? Yes, it's not his fault that he got injured and has to spend his time recovering.

However, for a guy that struggled at LT last year before he got hurt he needed the off-season to get better at the position. Obviously it was out of his control but it's the same result regardless.
                        he hurt his knee right? so he can still work on upper body strength, which i thought was his biggest issue other than the mental part of the game, which he can also work on by watching tons of film.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

So, basically, other than the relatively pleasant surprise of the solid play of the front seven on defense (which probably can be explained by the putrid offense), it appears that everything we expected out of the Bills is coming to a reality. The passing on an LT until the 5th round is looking like a huge mistake. Hate to say I told you so, but...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Oh come on, re-read how you wrote that and tell me you don't see the humor.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

POSITIVES:

NEGATIVES:

I agree except on Vick - the guy is washed up. He is a shell of his former self, and that is being kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X