PDA

View Full Version : The Bills need to trade for Vick.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I never thought I'd say this, and I hate Michael Vick, but...he's perfect for a team that doesn't have an o-line.

I watched him in Atlanata and he played great when his o-line sucked because he played by instinct. Our QBs are designed to be pocket passers and our line is never going to let that happen.

Vick struggld when they built the o-line and designed the offense to have Vick sit in the pocket. That's when he struggled. But for a team with a crappy o-line he's the man.

Flame away but if the Bills aren't bringing in help at the tackle position than he's the guy.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Plus he'll sell tickets.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Yes another Madden theory!

chernobylwraiths
08-05-2010, 08:45 AM
We can find a younger guy who actually has played some QB over the last three years and can't throw the ball and only run. It wouldn't cost us anything either.

psubills62
08-05-2010, 08:48 AM
We aren't going to, and Philly won't trade him, period. Philly said previously that Vick was the one guy that wasn't going to be traded. Even if Buffalo wanted him, Philadelphia won't put themselves in a piss-poor situation by downgrading who they have at QB #2.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes another Madden theory!

Dude, I'm 43 years old. I watched Vick in Atlanta, where I live.

The guy knows how to make plays when things are disintegrating around him. That's not going to happen with the 3 guys we have right now.

I'd much rather have the Bills fix the tackle issue and run a traditional offense.

But the Bills offense is getting killed by a D that may or may not be that good.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Booooooooooooooooooo! NO WAY

Vick will not sell tickets imo. He will cause more of a distraction then it's worth (which is very little) and Nix and Gailey don't seem to be the kind of guys that tolerate distractions.

You just need to relax. Remember this is the first year with the new regime. This is the year we see what we really have on our roster.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
08-05-2010, 08:53 AM

The guy knows how to make plays when things are disintegrating around him. That's not going to happen with the 3 guys we have right now.

I'd much rather have the Bills fix the tackle issue and run a traditional offense.

But the Bills offense is getting killed by a D that may or may not be that good.

..and how long ago did Vick play for Atlanta?

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Ummmm....

No.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
..and how long ago did Vick play for Atlanta?

In fairness that would be my biggest concern but based on what I have seen in Philly he appears to have his speed.

It's certainly not my most ideal scenario but I think our tackes are just awful and Bell is not going to be much better. If he even stays healthy.

Joe Fo Sho
08-05-2010, 09:15 AM
BRING HIM IN!!!

trapezeus
08-05-2010, 09:15 AM
vick kinda showed last year that he wasn't the same guy pre-prison. Plus with him making stupid mistakes off the field, no thanks. i'd rather suck at 3-13 and get a qb and LT as opposed to dealing with a media circus. especially after the TO situation failed so miserably.

mayotm
08-05-2010, 09:16 AM
HH, 99.9% of your posts are simply awful.

ddaryl
08-05-2010, 09:19 AM
HH.. you should be a shock jock

Ya know just throw out ovelry discussed controversial ideas just to stir things up and get the hits.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 09:22 AM

You could be 103 your idea is still the same as the 13 year old kid who thinks every trade can happen because it works in Madden.

I live in Atlanta to and have watched Vick play. Don't want to deal with that bi polar effort anymore.

Ron Burgundy
08-05-2010, 09:24 AM
In fairness that would be my biggest concern but based on what I have seen in Philly he appears to have his speed.

It's certainly not my most ideal scenario but I think our tackes are just awful and Bell is not going to be much better. If he even stays healthy.

You haven't seen him much in Philly if you think he's still got his wheels.

Vick's not the same dude. Bulk, age, and getting dinged up have robbed him of that elite speed.

Ron Burgundy
08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
HH, 99.9% of your posts are simply awful.

I disagree with this. I think he's on point a good bit of the time, but the Vick of today is not the Vick of yesteryear.

Philagape
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
What he was for Atlanta is gone and never to return. He can't do what he did when he was 25.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
You haven't seen him much in Philly if you think he's still got his wheels.

Vick's not the same dude. Bulk, age, and getting dinged up have robbed him of that elite speed.

So what you're saying is that you have actually watched some Eagles game and saw that Vick not only is a half step slower but also lost almost of his quickness that made him so elusive and deadly in the first place?

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Will they take Schoebel?

Ron Burgundy
08-05-2010, 09:30 AM
So what you're saying is that you have actually watched some Eagles game and saw that Vick not only is a half step slower but also lost almost of his quickness that made him so elusive and deadly in the first place?

That is, in fact, EXACTLY what I'm saying! You can tell he got jacked in prison, he's stout as ****.

I still watch football with the same guys I've been watching football with for years, and one of them is a massive Philly fan. I've probably seen every Eagles game the past three years.

mayotm
08-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I disagree with this. I think he's on point a good bit of the time, but the Vick of today is not the Vick of yesteryear.Your opinion. I disagree with you.

Ron Burgundy
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Your opinion. I disagree with you.

I know. I can tell that most people do.

mayotm
08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I know. I can tell that most people do.To be clear, I agree with your Vick assessment. I disagree with your HH assessment.

Mahdi
08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I never thought I'd say this, and I hate Michael Vick, but...he's perfect for a team that doesn't have an o-line.

I watched him in Atlanata and he played great when his o-line sucked because he played by instinct. Our QBs are designed to be pocket passers and our line is never going to let that happen.

Vick struggld when they built the o-line and designed the offense to have Vick sit in the pocket. That's when he struggled. But for a team with a crappy o-line he's the man.

Flame away but if the Bills aren't bringing in help at the tackle position than he's the guy.
Him or Troy Smith. We could really use a running QB and just make the whole offense into a running machine. Tire out defenses and keep our D fresh to attack folks.

TacklingDummy
08-05-2010, 11:24 AM

What is it with dude's from Atlanta? Is it the water?

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
What is it with dude's from Atlanta? Is it the water?

Hey!

Don't lump us together, Im just the annoying *******.

acehole
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
lol.

Philagape
08-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh and HH, thank you for your exclusive eyewitness reports from Atlanta ... none of us would have any clue what Vick did there if not for you.

dasaybz
08-05-2010, 01:17 PM
What's more idiotic, trading for Vick, or signing Jeff George?

Mahdi
08-05-2010, 01:23 PM
What's more idiotic, trading for Vick, or signing Jeff George?
Both are better than what we have.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I said flame away but without an o-line it won't matter if it's Fitz, Brohm, or Edwards is back there.

Vick knows how to play when things are breaking down around him.

I'd rather have a fix at LT than having Vick on this team. But he's the only quick fix I can think of.

PromoTheRobot
08-05-2010, 01:27 PM

You do realize that was ages ago, right?

PTR

Mahdi
08-05-2010, 01:31 PM
You do realize that was ages ago, right?

PTR
Vick still has it, coming out of prison and on to a football field clearly is not an easy transition. This year he will show a lot of what he had before.

PromoTheRobot
08-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Vick still has it, coming out of prison and on to a football field clearly is not an easy transition. This year he will show a lot of what he had before.

Sure he does.

You know what? Vick never had "it". Ever. He was a human highlight reel but he didn't win games. All flash no substance. But it's not surprising that kids in the Madden generation have stars in their eyes over players like Vick. Vick was all hype. Only chumps think he's worth anything.

PTR

Mahdi
08-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Sure he does.

You know what? Vick never had "it". Ever. He was a human highlight reel but he didn't win games. All flash no substance. But it's not surprising that kids in the Madden generation have stars in their eyes over players like Vick. Vick was all hype. Only chumps think he's worth anything.

PTR
I thought he went 13-3 and to an NFC Championship game....?

MHD

FlyingDutchman
08-05-2010, 02:13 PM
why bother we're not made to win now and Vick is not the answer to our future. no point

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2010, 03:06 PM

MHD

Dick Jauron coached a team to a 13-3 season.

JCBills
08-05-2010, 03:19 PM

And at what point did this happen? Vick had one of his best years his last season in Atlanta (2006), rushing and throwing for a combined 3513 yds and 22 TDs. His completion % was down a bit, but I'm still not sure what you're talking about? In 2002, he posted 3713 yds and 24 TDs. Did they randomly decide to try to make him a pocket passer, and then randomly switch back? His numbers were pretty much the same every season as long as he was healthy.

I'll pass on Vick. It's not like he's a long term answer, and probably wouldn't do any better than what we have on the roster considering they already have months invested into the system.

ddaryl
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
OK

here's another reason not to trade for Vick..

if we do trade for him and he does bring us a few extera wins that is only going to make it harder for us to draft a real QB for the long haul.

Do we realy want a few extra wins this year or would you rather just bite the bullet and be in the Luck / Locker sweepstakes in 2011...

I think everyone here would rather have Luck or Locker going forward from next year, and trading for Vick will only weaken our ability to make a move ot get the coveted QB out of next years draft.

Beebe's Kid
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
A running QB would be interesting. We could use the option, which would be a perfect combination of NCAA and Madden.

I don't think Vick would be the detriment that some do. I thought the guy could play. Maybe it wasn't conventionally what some were used to, but I don't think all things have to fit the same mold.

It is a little discouraging that Edwards isn't lighting it up, but none of the others are passing him. I know it's early, and I am a Brohm fan, but if Edwards is truly the best option, then I would welcome a new face.

Philagape
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Vick would have less of an impact than Owens did, and a lot of good he did.

BertSquirtgum
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
no they don't

Bill Cody
08-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I'd rather go 0-16 than have dog boy as our QB

Billz_fan
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I'd rather go 0-16 than have dog boy as our QB

Agree the guy is an idiot, He already put himself in a bad spot since he got out. Granted they decided he did nothing wrong legally etc but if he can't see what he did with the whole public birthday was stupid then it's only a matter of time before he goofs again. I mean the guy that got shot was a fellow he is not supposed to even be around from the whole dog ordeal. That in itself speaks volumes as to his decision making.

tampabay25690
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I was on with the VICK thing...

Im thinking TROY SMITH right now..

Johnny Bugmenot
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd rather go 0-16 than have dog boy as our QB "Ask and ye shall receive."--Jesus Christ

PromoTheRobot
08-05-2010, 10:45 PM

MHD

2004 was his best year 11-5 with one playoff win. He won 10 games in 2002. The other 4 seasons he won 7, 5, 8, and 7 games, which I guess would make him an ideal Bills QB.

Again, he had some success, but overall he was not a winning QB. His highlights are awesome. His actual effectiveness in winning games: the definition of mediocre.

PTR

Buffalogic
08-05-2010, 10:46 PM
This thread would be better if it said 'the bills need to trade for MARCUS MCNIEL!!!'

mightysimi
08-05-2010, 11:45 PM
At some point the Bills will actually have to pass the ball. That's when Vick fails. Huge. Horrible decisions, brutal accuracy, not smart enough to run a full offence and a quick trigger to run. Recipe for disaster.

Spiderweb
08-06-2010, 01:40 AM

Oh dear God, when will this Vick garbage end?

Mahdi
08-06-2010, 07:30 AM
2004 was his best year 11-5 with one playoff win. He won 10 games in 2002. The other 4 seasons he won 7, 5, 8, and 7 games, which I guess would make him an ideal Bills QB.

Again, he had some success, but overall he was not a winning QB. His highlights are awesome. His actual effectiveness in winning games: the definition of mediocre.

PTR
Yeah he did all that without a strong team behind him. He never had a strong defense and he also had an average OL and a weak WR unit.

I think he would do well with the skill players we have and maybe he has matured as a QB since being under Andy Reid for a year.

DraftBoy
08-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah he did all that without a strong team behind him. He never had a strong defense and he also had an average OL and a weak WR unit.

I think he would do well with the skill players we have and maybe he has matured as a QB since being under Andy Reid for a year.
He actually had a above average OL who was very good at the ZBS scheme they ran and had some very good talent at the RB position which you didnt mention. Atlanta was the league's best rushing team and you don't do that behind just an average OL.

ddaryl
08-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I'll just remind everyone that Vick is a convicted felon that was just involved in another altercation.. even thuogh he did not get in trouble for that it screams "STAY THE **** AWAY"

I don't care if vick was capable of guarenteeing us a SB victory I still would never want him here.... he's scum. No win is worth sacraficing integrity for.

Mahdi
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
He actually had a above average OL who was very good at the ZBS scheme they ran and had some very good talent at the RB position which you didnt mention. Atlanta was the league's best rushing team and you don't do that behind just an average OL.
The OL was average, the scheme was perfect.

The reason that OL looked so good was because defenses had to constantly protect against the backside run.

Every time Vick handed the ball off to Dunn he would bootleg the other way. Defenses could not pursue full out so the OL had an advantage. This made them much better and more effective than they typically would be. Vick took a ton of sacks when he dropped back to pass for a reason. Yes, sometimes they had to sustain blocks for too long but a lot of the time it was bad pass pro.

The running game aspect though was all Vick and the ZB scheme. The OL in terms of talent was average, in terms of production they were elite for the reasons mentioned.

DraftBoy
08-06-2010, 11:36 AM
The OL was average, the scheme was perfect.

The reason that OL looked so good was because defenses had to constantly protect against the backside run.

Every time Vick handed the ball off to Dunn he would bootleg the other way. Defenses could not pursue full out so the OL had an advantage. This made them much better and more effective than they typically would be. Vick took a ton of sacks when he dropped back to pass for a reason. Yes, sometimes they had to sustain blocks for too long but a lot of the time it was bad pass pro.

The running game aspect though was all Vick and the ZB scheme. The OL in terms of talent was average, in terms of production they were elite for the reasons mentioned.

The OL was not average it was good, the scheme is only a plan it still has to be executed week after week which those five guys did with great consistency. You're down playing their role and ability way too much.

Mahdi
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
The OL was not average it was good, the scheme is only a plan it still has to be executed week after week which those five guys did with great consistency. You're down playing their role and ability way too much.
I'm not down playing their role at all. I'm down playing their talent level.

The real talent behind the Falcons running game was Greg Knapp. And on the field the talent was Vick.

The OL was made up of a few no-name guys well suited for the scheme. Guys identical to the Denver OL of the past. Slim guys who could move and didn't have to be all-pro.

That being said, my point is simply that Vick is what made that rushing offense what it was and he did it with average talent on his OL and a very good scheme.

billsburgh
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
people in Philly are thinking that Minnesota will be willing to give up a lot for Vick once Favre is "officially" retired.

DraftBoy
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm not down playing their role at all. I'm down playing their talent level.

The real talent behind the Falcons running game was Greg Knapp. And on the field the talent was Vick.

The OL was made up of a few no-name guys well suited for the scheme. Guys identical to the Denver OL of the past. Slim guys who could move and didn't have to be all-pro.

That being said, my point is simply that Vick is what made that rushing offense what it was and he did it with average talent on his OL and a very good scheme.

No name guys like Todd McClure who is a former Pro-Bowler, Kynan Forney also a former pro-bowler and a very good veteran OT in Todd Weiner? Those aren't no name guys at all.

Just like Tom Nalen wasn't a no name guy on Denver's line and neither was Mark Schlereth or Tony Jones.

I dont know where you are getting the impression that these two OL's were full of no name guys.

PromoTheRobot
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM

And how strong are the Bills???? You're arguing for Vick to make the Bills better, then you say Vick can't do much with a good team behind him. Pick a side, dude.

PTR

Mahdi
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
No name guys like Todd McClure who is a former Pro-Bowler, Kynan Forney also a former pro-bowler and a very good veteran OT in Todd Weiner? Those aren't no name guys at all.

Just like Tom Nalen wasn't a no name guy on Denver's line and neither was Mark Schlereth or Tony Jones.

I dont know where you are getting the impression that these two OL's were full of no name guys.
Like I said, they had elite production, but they are not elite players.

And when I said the old Denver I meant pre-McDaniels.

McClure and Forney are a product of the ZB system. Were not talking Larry Allen and Will Shields here. These guys would never have made the PB if not for the system they played in.

Mahdi
08-06-2010, 12:11 PM
And how strong are the Bills???? You're arguing for Vick to make the Bills better, then you say Vick can't do much with a good team behind him. Pick a side, dude.

PTR
What I said was Vick can make an average OL better. And with better talent than he had in ATL at WR he can do even more as a passer. I have made the same argument from the beginning. Keep up.

Mahdi
08-06-2010, 01:18 PM

McClure was never a PBer btw. And neither was Forney. Weiner was a solid starter, nothing more.

Extremebillsfan247
08-07-2010, 07:02 AM

Knowing how Nix operates, I can tell you that its extremely unlikely. The Bills probably have a better chance at winning the Super Bowl than Vick has of landing in Buffalo via trade. Trading is just not something that Nix does. He likes going after the "little known about" free agents etc. So you can expect to see a lot of that during his tenure here and very few trades made if any. JMO...

Philagape
08-07-2010, 08:07 AM
The Bills already have their Vick, except his name is CJ Spiller

Almighty_Bruce_78
08-07-2010, 05:24 PM
This is one of the best ideas I have heard yet. Great call. Vick would take us up a level and we need a shot of excitement to go with Spiller.