Camp Observation's from Last night from BigBub2352.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Camp Observation's from Last night from BigBub2352.......

I will start off with this:
    It actually looked like a real training camp out there. They were actually being yelled at and hitting each other. The D didnt like the O and vice versa...Also Chan Gailey is very hands on and huddle the players a few times to talk to them as a group and you could see he was trying to be an actual leader out there

Such a contrast from the last 4 years i was at one of the night practices.

Now on to the players:

Aaron Maybin: looks to be extremely fast out there and got to the QB more than a few times with double moves looked very impressive running around out there.

Terrell Troupe: is gonna be a solid NT in this league he is a bull out there and beat his guy a few times on running plays. so did kyle williams: as well looked very stout out there

Alex Carrington looks to have several pass rush moves and is also looking to be extremely athletic out there he ripped his guy on the one on one pass rush drills...so did Dwan Edwards looked very strong in run support and pass rushing even thou that is not his strong spot.

Antinio Coleman and Chris Ellis also looked to be holding down the fort when they were in there and both looked impressie in pass rush drill's..Reggie Torber was also solid in his time out there and had a few plays made in the run game

Secondary looks sound and fast out there and blanketed WR's on all the team activity's..also they were coming up and filing holes in run support during team activity and Whitner had a nice shot on stupar to set tone or D.

Now on to the bad news...Our Offensive Line is terrible, I will say this Cornell Green should be cut right now he is a bum in pass protection.. Levitre and Hang looked good run blocking but Hang was over whelemed quite a bit in pass protection by Kyle Williams and Terrell Troupe and Lonnie Harvey was pushing him and Sean Allen straight back into the QB.

Kyle Calloway I came away most impressed with kid is a beast out there and walled off players a few times and was solid in pass protection and one on one pass drill's he may over take Green by next year unless Green get's cut good value for a 7th rounder

Our Qb's look awful especially Fitz and Edwards..man they are bad and they panic all day in the pocket..Edwards did not try and throw the ball 10yards in team work..Fitz was throwing terrible passes as well..Brohm got 2nd team reps and at least looks willing to make plays and take chances and had a few nice completions...Brown looks the most athletic of the bunch and has a real quick release...Fitz better watch out that may cost him his job he sucks that bad out there

The good news..Our running game will be sick especially after Spiller arrives...Jackson had some nice carries he has incredible vision and Chad Simpson burst thru the whole..no way we should cut chad simpson kid looks like a pin ball in there with great speed...and i will give Draftboy props Jaqoue Bell is no joke his 40 time is not reflecting how fast he looks in person...he has great vision in the whole and runs real hard..Marshawn Lynch looked good on his few oppurtunities he isn't seeing many touches thats for sure.... this will be the only strength of the team this year..

WR's Chad Jackson will make this team and looks real solid out there real fast runs good routes and plays physical..Hardy did nothing..Steve Johnson made a few plays..Roscoe did nothing..Roosevelt made a few plays in there as well..Evans had his usual few plays..David Nelson is gonna open some eye's i think kid is big and runs real well and catch's everything he is PS material in my opinion..Hardy better watch out

TE's did nothing and looks slow..Nelson is terrible at blocking bt is solid in passing game Schouman blocked well too but there is no real comptetion here Mathews I think may be cut Stupar is getting alot of reps ahead of him..

Well thats about it I wanted to make sure I posted this I tried to watch as many players for you guys as i could..Enjoy!
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Re: Camp Observation's from Last night from BigBub2352.......

Thanks for the write up. I'm heading to camp tomorrow night, looking forward to it.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

But, but, but... Brohm is 3rd string... I'm supposed to get over it.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Thanks for the notes. Love the optimism regarding our defense and young players. I have a feeling our defense will be very good down the road.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Thanks BigBub2352!
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            I will start off with this:
            It actually looked like a real training camp out there. They were actually being yelled at and hitting each other. The D didnt like the O and vice versa...Also Chan Gailey is very hands on and huddle the players a few times to talk to them as a group and you could see he was trying to be an actual leader out there

Such a contrast from the last 4 years i was at one of the night practices.

Now on to the players:

Aaron Maybin: looks to be extremely fast out there and got to the QB more than a few times with double moves looked very impressive running around out there.

Terrell Troupe: is gonna be a solid NT in this league he is a bull out there and beat his guy a few times on running plays. so did kyle williams: as well looked very stout out there

Alex Carrington looks to have several pass rush moves and is also looking to be extremely athletic out there he ripped his guy on the one on one pass rush drills...so did Dwan Edwards looked very strong in run support and pass rushing even thou that is not his strong spot.

Antinio Coleman and Chris Ellis also looked to be holding down the fort when they were in there and both looked impressie in pass rush drill's..Reggie Torber was also solid in his time out there and had a few plays made in the run game

Secondary looks sound and fast out there and blanketed WR's on all the team activity's..also they were coming up and filing holes in run support during team activity and Whitner had a nice shot on stupar to set tone or D.

Now on to the bad news...Our Offensive Line is terrible, I will say this Cornell Green should be cut right now he is a bum in pass protection.. Levitre and Hang looked good run blocking but Hang was over whelemed quite a bit in pass protection by Kyle Williams and Terrell Troupe and Lonnie Harvey was pushing him and Sean Allen straight back into the QB.

Kyle Calloway I came away most impressed with kid is a beast out there and walled off players a few times and was solid in pass protection and one on one pass drill's he may over take Green by next year unless Green get's cut good value for a 7th rounder

Our Qb's look awful especially Fitz and Edwards..man they are bad and they panic all day in the pocket..Edwards did not try and throw the ball 10yards in team work..Fitz was throwing terrible passes as well..Brohm got 2nd team reps and at least looks willing to make plays and take chances and had a few nice completions...Brown looks the most athletic of the bunch and has a real quick release...Fitz better watch out that may cost him his job he sucks that bad out there

The good news..Our running game will be sick especially after Spiller arrives...Jackson had some nice carries he has incredible vision and Chad Simpson burst thru the whole..no way we should cut chad simpson kid looks like a pin ball in there with great speed...and i will give Draftboy props Jaqoue Bell is no joke his 40 time is not reflecting how fast he looks in person...he has great vision in the whole and runs real hard..Marshawn Lynch looked good on his few oppurtunities he isn't seeing many touches thats for sure.... this will be the only strength of the team this year..

WR's Chad Jackson will make this team and looks real solid out there real fast runs good routes and plays physical..Hardy did nothing..Steve Johnson made a few plays..Roscoe did nothing..Roosevelt made a few plays in there as well..Evans had his usual few plays..David Nelson is gonna open some eye's i think kid is big and runs real well and catch's everything he is PS material in my opinion..Hardy better watch out

TE's did nothing and looks slow..Nelson is terrible at blocking bt is solid in passing game Schouman blocked well too but there is no real comptetion here Mathews I think may be cut Stupar is getting alot of reps ahead of him..

Well thats about it I wanted to make sure I posted this I tried to watch as many players for you guys as i could..Enjoy!
            thanks for the update!!

Yeah i mean from what I've heard and read, Green is horrific...I am kinda pissed about him and hope we dont start him just because we spent FA money on him..it was only 3 mill a year i guess, not like the money we gave Walker or Dockery so thats good i guess.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

The defense was the only thing that gave me any kind of optimism...i think our transition will be smoother than most think
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                thanks for the update!!

Yeah i mean from what I've heard and read, Green is horrific...I am kinda pissed about him and hope we dont start him just because we spent FA money on him..it was only 3 mill a year i guess, not like the money we gave Walker or Dockery so thats good i guess.
                Cornell Green is a certified bum and was a horrible FA pick up with the Schobel money go out and get his replacement or move Kyle Calloway into his spot
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

More good news on Joique, if he makes the team Im going to buy his jersey and get it signed.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

There is going to be some very tough decisions at the skill positions come September.

From what I am seeing and reading, at the RB position the choice between Simpson and Bell will be a tough one. But the question is, is Simpson and Spiller redundant. Simpson might be the odd man out. Then again, maybe they will want to carry two physical runners and two speed backs, in that case Bell might go to the PS, and I doubt he lasts there. At the end of the day I think we need to keep the best player regardless of running style and that seems to be Bell.

At WR we have Evans, Johnson and Parrish locked in. Then we have a battle for 3 spots between Jackson, Hardy, Roosevelt, Nelson, Huggins and Easley. Those are some very difficult choices. I think Roosevelt and Nelson will go to the PS, Huggins will be cut and Jackson, Hardy and Easley make the 53.

If Nelson continues to shine in TC and then follows it up with strong pre-season performances then we might see Hardy or Jackson cut.

At QB, I would simply cut Edwards. I think he is a very scared QB and although he has experience, he isn't experienced. Fitz is more stable and just goes out and plays even if he is not that talented, he doesn't play scared. Brohm will hopefully replicate his TC performances in the pre-season games and show why he was a second rounder and Levi can continue to develop as the #3 instead of being stashed on the PS.

Basically, if Edwards doesn't win QB1, then he needs to be released.
                    Last edited by Mahdi; 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                      • Aug 2005

thanks for the report!

Comment

• Commissioner
                        • Dec 2004

I feel bad for any QB that ends up starting behind that offensive line.

By the sound of it... we are gonna need 5 healthy QB's to make it through the season.

The FO needs to make a trade or something for a tackle.
                        Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Wow. good thing we didn't use any of those premium draft picks on a qb or o-tackle..............?????

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Commissioner
                            I feel bad for any QB that ends up starting behind that offensive line.

By the sound of it... we are gonna need 5 healthy QB's to make it through the season.

The FO needs to make a trade or something for a tackle.
                            Yep. OL looks like a mess. Either that or Maybin and Ellis are amazing. I hope for once it's the latter and we end up being rewarded for two high picks.

Comment

• billsburgh
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              Wow. good thing we didn't use any of those premium draft picks on a qb or o-tackle..............?????
                              and who was available when the Bills picked that wouldn't have been a reach?

Comment

Working...
                              X