PDA

View Full Version : Camp Observation's from Last night from BigBub2352.......

bigbub2352
08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I will start off with this:
It actually looked like a real training camp out there. They were actually being yelled at and hitting each other. The D didnt like the O and vice versa...Also Chan Gailey is very hands on and huddle the players a few times to talk to them as a group and you could see he was trying to be an actual leader out there

Such a contrast from the last 4 years i was at one of the night practices.

Now on to the players:

Aaron Maybin: looks to be extremely fast out there and got to the QB more than a few times with double moves looked very impressive running around out there.

Terrell Troupe: is gonna be a solid NT in this league he is a bull out there and beat his guy a few times on running plays. so did kyle williams: as well looked very stout out there

Alex Carrington looks to have several pass rush moves and is also looking to be extremely athletic out there he ripped his guy on the one on one pass rush drills...so did Dwan Edwards looked very strong in run support and pass rushing even thou that is not his strong spot.

Antinio Coleman and Chris Ellis also looked to be holding down the fort when they were in there and both looked impressie in pass rush drill's..Reggie Torber was also solid in his time out there and had a few plays made in the run game

Secondary looks sound and fast out there and blanketed WR's on all the team activity's..also they were coming up and filing holes in run support during team activity and Whitner had a nice shot on stupar to set tone or D.

Now on to the bad news...Our Offensive Line is terrible, I will say this Cornell Green should be cut right now he is a bum in pass protection.. Levitre and Hang looked good run blocking but Hang was over whelemed quite a bit in pass protection by Kyle Williams and Terrell Troupe and Lonnie Harvey was pushing him and Sean Allen straight back into the QB.

Kyle Calloway I came away most impressed with kid is a beast out there and walled off players a few times and was solid in pass protection and one on one pass drill's he may over take Green by next year unless Green get's cut good value for a 7th rounder

Our Qb's look awful especially Fitz and Edwards..man they are bad and they panic all day in the pocket..Edwards did not try and throw the ball 10yards in team work..Fitz was throwing terrible passes as well..Brohm got 2nd team reps and at least looks willing to make plays and take chances and had a few nice completions...Brown looks the most athletic of the bunch and has a real quick release...Fitz better watch out that may cost him his job he sucks that bad out there

The good news..Our running game will be sick especially after Spiller arrives...Jackson had some nice carries he has incredible vision and Chad Simpson burst thru the whole..no way we should cut chad simpson kid looks like a pin ball in there with great speed...and i will give Draftboy props Jaqoue Bell is no joke his 40 time is not reflecting how fast he looks in person...he has great vision in the whole and runs real hard..Marshawn Lynch looked good on his few oppurtunities he isn't seeing many touches thats for sure.... this will be the only strength of the team this year..

WR's Chad Jackson will make this team and looks real solid out there real fast runs good routes and plays physical..Hardy did nothing..Steve Johnson made a few plays..Roscoe did nothing..Roosevelt made a few plays in there as well..Evans had his usual few plays..David Nelson is gonna open some eye's i think kid is big and runs real well and catch's everything he is PS material in my opinion..Hardy better watch out

TE's did nothing and looks slow..Nelson is terrible at blocking bt is solid in passing game Schouman blocked well too but there is no real comptetion here Mathews I think may be cut Stupar is getting alot of reps ahead of him..

Well thats about it I wanted to make sure I posted this I tried to watch as many players for you guys as i could..Enjoy!

Bulldog
08-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the write up. I'm heading to camp tomorrow night, looking forward to it.

Yasgur's Farm
08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
But, but, but... Brohm is 3rd string... I'm supposed to get over it.

psubills62
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the notes. Love the optimism regarding our defense and young players. I have a feeling our defense will be very good down the road.

Philagape
08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks BigBub2352!

Pinkerton Security
08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
It actually looked like a real training camp out there. They were actually being yelled at and hitting each other. The D didnt like the O and vice versa...Also Chan Gailey is very hands on and huddle the players a few times to talk to them as a group and you could see he was trying to be an actual leader out there

Now on to the players:

Aaron Maybin: looks to be extremely fast out there and got to the QB more than a few times with double moves looked very impressive running around out there.

Terrell Troupe: is gonna be a solid NT in this league he is a bull out there and beat his guy a few times on running plays. so did kyle williams: as well looked very stout out there

Alex Carrington looks to have several pass rush moves and is also looking to be extremely athletic out there he ripped his guy on the one on one pass rush drills...so did Dwan Edwards looked very strong in run support and pass rushing even thou that is not his strong spot.

Antinio Coleman and Chris Ellis also looked to be holding down the fort when they were in there and both looked impressie in pass rush drill's..Reggie Torber was also solid in his time out there and had a few plays made in the run game

Secondary looks sound and fast out there and blanketed WR's on all the team activity's..also they were coming up and filing holes in run support during team activity and Whitner had a nice shot on stupar to set tone or D.

Now on to the bad news...Our Offensive Line is terrible, I will say this Cornell Green should be cut right now he is a bum in pass protection.. Levitre and Hang looked good run blocking but Hang was over whelemed quite a bit in pass protection by Kyle Williams and Terrell Troupe and Lonnie Harvey was pushing him and Sean Allen straight back into the QB.

Kyle Calloway I came away most impressed with kid is a beast out there and walled off players a few times and was solid in pass protection and one on one pass drill's he may over take Green by next year unless Green get's cut good value for a 7th rounder

Our Qb's look awful especially Fitz and Edwards..man they are bad and they panic all day in the pocket..Edwards did not try and throw the ball 10yards in team work..Fitz was throwing terrible passes as well..Brohm got 2nd team reps and at least looks willing to make plays and take chances and had a few nice completions...Brown looks the most athletic of the bunch and has a real quick release...Fitz better watch out that may cost him his job he sucks that bad out there

The good news..Our running game will be sick especially after Spiller arrives...Jackson had some nice carries he has incredible vision and Chad Simpson burst thru the whole..no way we should cut chad simpson kid looks like a pin ball in there with great speed...and i will give Draftboy props Jaqoue Bell is no joke his 40 time is not reflecting how fast he looks in person...he has great vision in the whole and runs real hard..Marshawn Lynch looked good on his few oppurtunities he isn't seeing many touches thats for sure.... this will be the only strength of the team this year..

WR's Chad Jackson will make this team and looks real solid out there real fast runs good routes and plays physical..Hardy did nothing..Steve Johnson made a few plays..Roscoe did nothing..Roosevelt made a few plays in there as well..Evans had his usual few plays..David Nelson is gonna open some eye's i think kid is big and runs real well and catch's everything he is PS material in my opinion..Hardy better watch out

TE's did nothing and looks slow..Nelson is terrible at blocking bt is solid in passing game Schouman blocked well too but there is no real comptetion here Mathews I think may be cut Stupar is getting alot of reps ahead of him..

Well thats about it I wanted to make sure I posted this I tried to watch as many players for you guys as i could..Enjoy!

thanks for the update!!

Yeah i mean from what I've heard and read, Green is horrific...I am kinda pissed about him and hope we dont start him just because we spent FA money on him..it was only 3 mill a year i guess, not like the money we gave Walker or Dockery so thats good i guess.

bigbub2352
08-05-2010, 10:32 AM
The defense was the only thing that gave me any kind of optimism...i think our transition will be smoother than most think

bigbub2352
08-05-2010, 10:34 AM
thanks for the update!!

Yeah i mean from what I've heard and read, Green is horrific...I am kinda pissed about him and hope we dont start him just because we spent FA money on him..it was only 3 mill a year i guess, not like the money we gave Walker or Dockery so thats good i guess.

Cornell Green is a certified bum and was a horrible FA pick up with the Schobel money go out and get his replacement or move Kyle Calloway into his spot

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 10:37 AM
More good news on Joique, if he makes the team Im going to buy his jersey and get it signed.

Mahdi
08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
There is going to be some very tough decisions at the skill positions come September.

From what I am seeing and reading, at the RB position the choice between Simpson and Bell will be a tough one. But the question is, is Simpson and Spiller redundant. Simpson might be the odd man out. Then again, maybe they will want to carry two physical runners and two speed backs, in that case Bell might go to the PS, and I doubt he lasts there. At the end of the day I think we need to keep the best player regardless of running style and that seems to be Bell.

At WR we have Evans, Johnson and Parrish locked in. Then we have a battle for 3 spots between Jackson, Hardy, Roosevelt, Nelson, Huggins and Easley. Those are some very difficult choices. I think Roosevelt and Nelson will go to the PS, Huggins will be cut and Jackson, Hardy and Easley make the 53.

If Nelson continues to shine in TC and then follows it up with strong pre-season performances then we might see Hardy or Jackson cut.

At QB, I would simply cut Edwards. I think he is a very scared QB and although he has experience, he isn't experienced. Fitz is more stable and just goes out and plays even if he is not that talented, he doesn't play scared. Brohm will hopefully replicate his TC performances in the pre-season games and show why he was a second rounder and Levi can continue to develop as the #3 instead of being stashed on the PS.

Basically, if Edwards doesn't win QB1, then he needs to be released.

hammerbillsfan
08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
thanks for the report! :up:

Commissioner
08-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I feel bad for any QB that ends up starting behind that offensive line.

By the sound of it... we are gonna need 5 healthy QB's to make it through the season.

The FO needs to make a trade or something for a tackle.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Wow. good thing we didn't use any of those premium draft picks on a qb or o-tackle..............?????

Mahdi
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I feel bad for any QB that ends up starting behind that offensive line.

By the sound of it... we are gonna need 5 healthy QB's to make it through the season.

The FO needs to make a trade or something for a tackle.
Yep. OL looks like a mess. Either that or Maybin and Ellis are amazing. I hope for once it's the latter and we end up being rewarded for two high picks.

billsburgh
08-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow. good thing we didn't use any of those premium draft picks on a qb or o-tackle..............?????
and who was available when the Bills picked that wouldn't have been a reach?

Commissioner
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
My thoughts exactly....

I guess we should of used #9 on 1 of the QB's that were taken in the 2nd round like Jimmy Clausen who is fighting for a backup job.

Philagape
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Not that I think they should have reached, but sometimes a reach is necessary.

"We have no tackles but at least we didn't reach!" isn't a very strong argument.

That said, I still like the picks they did make.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 11:43 AM

"We have no tackles but at least we didn't reach!" isn't a very strong argument.

Reaching is never the answer.

Commissioner
08-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Like Nix said... what happens when you reach and that guy doesn't pan out... then you are left with nothing but an overpaid reach.... instead of a talented back like Spiller.

Novacane
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
The defense was the only thing that gave me any kind of optimism...i think our transition will be smoother than most think

The only problem is they were playing against our terrible offense so they are bound to look good. How good will they be against other teams is what I'm looking forward to seeing.

justasportsfan
08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Unless Mathews is not good at blocking , I can't see him getting cut with the OL needing help.

Thanks for the report Bigbub

trapezeus
08-05-2010, 11:47 AM
reaching is a good idea in the short term. but in the long term, drafting by need dooms your team because if that player doesn't work out, you passed on some very good talent.

best player available, constantly keeps the team with the best options on trades and better production.

I'm fine with not reaching on a QB or a LT. The thing is that they need to do something.

What about the LT in San diego that's holding out? Is he in play. is there anything we can give them that they'd want?

I'm a bit stunned that transitioning a team out of 4-3 to 3-4 is taking much faster than fixing the offense.

acehole
08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Zone blocking may be an issue with a 3-4 as the linemen cover an area vs a man....but they will get better in this area as the center will get help from either guard on a big nose and possibly both.

Scheme will also help as sweeps and rollouts can help slow a nose down...as well as a cut block early on will keep a nose's head on swivel enough to slow him down...on play action the rb can come up and give a chip on the nose as well or help anchor and or give a cut block...practicing against good guys can only help as well. I believe we will run to set up pass so as we get yards in chucks on the ground that will help cheat safties up enough to cause them to over play run....which in theory helps the passing game and the amount of time pass blockers have to pass block...this will help. I think it has more to do with conditioning and working as unit vs talent right now...but we shall see...thanks for the un-chris brown camp notes.

Now on to the players:

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 01:01 PM
You mean like reaching for Clausen in the 2nd ? Yep, that would have sucked having a qb in camp with some upside.
Or do you mean reaching for a Maybin or Whitner ???

HHURRICANE
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
When the Bills figure out that the o-line helps every position on the offense maybe they'll get back some fans.

This board continues to want a fix at QB when our line is 10X the problem.

Clausen, Brdaford, etc. are going to struggle behind this line.

sdbillsfan2
08-05-2010, 01:28 PM
thanks for the report! :up:

I agree , thanks for the report.... I actually enjoy reading reports from zoners more then the so called experts who only report second hand or try to stir *****.
Nice job !!! Thanks !

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 01:35 PM
It would have been possible to have on of these o-tackles in camp right now,
A. Davis, Z. Beadles, C. Brown, B. Campbell, J. Fox.

To me M. Easley was a reach and a luxury pick. Did we really need another wr ? Troup or another n.g. could of been had in the 3rd., Carrington is a nice player but I'd rather have an o-tackle.

DesertFox24
08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Reaching is never the answer.

Exactly reaching is why we are where we are. Buddy is going to draft best player and get the overall talent of this team up.

We might not be a contender till 2011 or 2012 but by then our talent level will be one of the better teams in the league I promise that.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 01:44 PM

To me M. Easley was a reach and a luxury pick. Did we really need another wr ? Troup or another n.g. could of been had in the 3rd., Carrington is a nice player but I'd rather have an o-tackle.

OG, OG, would of loved him over Troup, long term developmental OT not much better than Bell in terms of technical skill as of right now, and RT.

DesertFox24
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
OG, OG, would of loved him over Troup, long term developmental OT not much better than Bell in terms of technical skill as of right now, and RT.

You think Anthony Davis is a Guard?

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM

That's great if Bell can get healthy and prove to be able to handle the left side. What about right tackle ? C. Green ? We have had a lot of Green's the last ten years. How has that worked out ?

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 02:17 PM
You think Anthony Davis is a Guard?

Yep, too big I think to stay outside. Though under Singletary he could work. I just dont like his hand fighting in terms of a OT. Not strong in the hands, lacks the punch to stun the rushers.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Please. Davis could walk into our camp today and be our best tackle.

bigbub2352
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
i will say this...there is no question spiller could be a homerun pick for us...but after going to camp and seeing that talent at RB our 9 spot could have been used more wisely cause our RT Green is a bum and our LT Bell cant stay on the feild

our depth Wang has been hurt the whole time Chambers is a bum and Kyle Calloway is a development project...throw a terrible jamon meredith into the mis and u have a recipe for disaster

JCBills
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM

This is what I've been seeing and hearing more and more every day, both from people going to camps and the media.

JCBills
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM

Considering we haven't had a viable duo since Moulds-Evans, yeah we did need another WR. I'd love to see Stevie take it, but competition makes everyone better. That, and his potential was worth the pick.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Considering we haven't had a viable duo since Moulds-Evans, yeah we did need another WR. I'd love to see Stevie take it, but competition makes everyone better. That, and his potential was worth the pick.

Wr's are great when you have a qb and an o-line to protect that qb. Right now we have neither.

JCBills
08-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Wr's are great when you have a qb and an o-line to protect that qb. Right now we have neither.

Yeah, but it's a matter of with so many holes to fill, we have to start somewhere. I think every pick addressed a need except maybe Spiller. Even then, he adds that BANG effect to the run game, which we've been lacking, so I can't complain about any pick in this class so far, especially because I was damn close in my mock (Troup/Carrington in flipped spots, Wang dead on) When they hit the field we'll see.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Please. Davis could walk into our camp today and be our best tackle.

Which is sad indictment of our own situation but doesnt mean **** about his long term position.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Which is sad indictment of our own situation but doesnt mean **** about his long term position.

Thus the reason they should have used a premium pick on an o-tackle. Instead we are left with the garbage we have every year.

Goobylal
08-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll need to see the LT's taken after Spiller or Troup first before I say the Bills messed-up. Spiller is a home-run threat and Troup is looking really good.

better days
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Thus the reason they should have used a premium pick on an o-tackle. Instead we are left with the garbage we have every year.

If they could have traded down, they could have taken a tackle or maybe even two, but there was no OT worth the #9 pick especially this year, the last year with no rookie cap.

better days
08-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, but it's a matter of with so many holes to fill, we have to start somewhere. I think every pick addressed a need except maybe Spiller. Even then, he adds that BANG effect to the run game, which we've been lacking, so I can't complain about any pick in this class so far, especially because I was damn close in my mock (Troup/Carrington in flipped spots, Wang dead on) When they hit the field we'll see.

Spiller not only adds BANG to the run game, he adds BANG to the passing game , & special teams as well.

acehole
08-05-2010, 09:31 PM

Easley a reach? He might be the steel of the draft. Luxury? We where 31 in offence a letgit #2 and Groom and insurance for lee Evans was a must...

Any of those tackles above dont really grade out better then Bell or meridith or Callaway....so would have been a sidways move.

I know the importance of a stud line.,,,but you cant do it with one draft.

We got the interior last year...we got guys this year we will develope in Wang and Meridith and we are building them for next year.

They really like Bell and seem intent on getting a stop gap and depth and compitition until he is ready.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 09:58 PM
We have plenty of talent at wr. The real problem is the qb and the o-tackles who protect that qb. Until then, same story.

k-oneputt
08-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Really. Right now I'd be pretty damn happy to have any of those said o-tackles over the extra wr.

Sorry but I can't hitch my wagon to Bell being my left tackle. Maybe the right side and that's if he can stay on the field.

C. Green, really. The Raiders didn't want him.

DraftBoy
08-05-2010, 10:25 PM

There was no OT worth taking at 9 which is why what you are saying makes no sense. I agree that I would of preferred Brown over Troup from a depth perspective but one could argue the 3-4 NT is just as vital as the LT.

Nighthawk
08-05-2010, 10:41 PM
There was no OT worth taking at 9 which is why what you are saying makes no sense. I agree that I would of preferred Brown over Troup from a depth perspective but one could argue the 3-4 NT is just as vital as the LT.

The Bills actually did the right thing this year and took the best player on the board and people are still *****ing. If you look at the draft as a whole, it is very evident that they we're looking to build up the defense and build it for a 3-4. We had so many holes, we had to attack something and they liked the defensive depth in this draft better.

Buddo
08-06-2010, 04:11 AM
FWIW, it seems churlish in the extreme, to be complaining about the Troup pick, when by just about all accounts, the guy is going to be as advertised.

Did we desperately need a NT for the switch to the 3-4, yes. Did we get one? Looks like the answer is yes to that.

As regards the OT situation, the real problem is at LT. Just about none of the guys mentioned to draft, are going to be capable LTs.
We have guys who will probably be capable of manning the RT position, but we are switching people around a lot atm, to make up for Bell not being completely ready.

From all the reports, it does sound as though we still need another OT, and preferably a LT, but I fail to see where the solution to that was in the draft.

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 07:34 AM

I'm not talking about #9. What about 2nd, 3rd, 4th rds ??? The only guy at #9 was your boy Buluga who I actually didn't want at #9 or Davis who I could have lived with.
I'm specifically talking 3rd and 4th rd. I also believe Troup could of been had in the 3rd.

DraftBoy
08-06-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm not talking about #9. What about 2nd, 3rd, 4th rds ??? The only guy at #9 was your boy Buluga who I actually didn't want at #9 or Davis who I could have lived with.
I'm specifically talking 3rd and 4th rd. I also believe Troup could of been had in the 3rd.

I dont disagree in Rd 2 with Brown over Troup I already said that but nobody in the 3rd or 4th round imo is going to come in here and start day 1. This OT class was not all that great most of them were high potential, raw prospects like Campbell, Veldheer, Ducasse, Beadles, and Capers.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 08:43 AM
We have plenty of talent at wr. The real problem is the qb and the o-tackles who protect that qb. Until then, same story.

Like who?

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Like who?

Doesn't matter who's playing wr if you don't have a qb. You could put the three best wr's in football on the Bills with Trent and our two crap o-tackles and they still wouldn't be in the play-offs.
Good Qb's make receivers look better.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Doesn't matter who's playing wr if you don't have a qb. You could put the three best wr's in football on the Bills with Trent and our two crap o-tackles and they still wouldn't be in the play-offs.
Good Qb's make receivers look better.

You seem to have changed the subject. You said we had plenty of talent at WR, and I'm asking who, because I don't see it. I see a couple guys who could produce if forced into a starting position, but I see very little talent there.

And it works both ways - good receivers can make bad QB's look better. If we had someone like Jeremy Maclin, who thrives on the short routes and YAC, you don't think that would help Edwards?

Johnny Bugmenot
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
If they could have traded down, they could have taken a tackle or maybe even two, but there was no OT worth the #9 pick especially this year, the last year with no rookie cap.
Or they could have traded UP to #4 with the Redskins, who had no 2nd or 3rd round picks, in exchange for #9 and #41(?). The downside is that it could've cost them the ability to draft Troup, and at this point I'm not sure that trade would've been worth it. I'd have been much happier taking Bulaga at #9.

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Evans can start for any team in the league.
The other 2's and 3's are good enough.
Who are the Colts 2's and 3's after Wayne, or the Texans after Johnson, Saints after Colston.
You fantasy guys get caught up in wr's and rb's. The game is won with the qb and lines. Maybe you haven't been paying attention the last ten years to the Bills.
Also if your overrated Big-10 players could start putting something up for this team we might see some improvement.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Evans can start for any team in the league.
The other 2's and 3's are good enough.
Who are the Colts 2's and 3's after Wayne, or the Texans after Johnson, Saints after Colston.
You fantasy guys get caught up in wr's and rb's. The game is won with the qb and lines. Maybe you haven't been paying attention the last ten years to the Bills.
Also if your overrated Big-10 players could start putting something up for this team we might see some improvement.

I'm not saying the lines aren't important, but we are/were lacking in terms of talent at WR just like we are/were at OL and QB.

It's amusing that you used those three teams.

Colts: Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez (former 1st round pick), Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie.

Texans: Owen Daniels, Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter

Saints: Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem (former 1st round pick), Lance Moore

Your point is really only partially valid with the Saints. Any of the Colts' WR's could start on this team. Same with the Texans. Meachem was fantastic last year if you look at the per-reception stats. Yes, the QB's on those teams make the WR's look better than they are, but you underrate the talent at WR on those teams severely if you think we're anywhere near them.

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Does Manning make Garcon, Gonzales, and Collie ??????

And how long did it take you to look up all of those guys ?

Unless you are a die hard college fan, most never even heard of most of those guys you listed coming out of school.

justasportsfan
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
but we are/were lacking in terms of talent at WR just like we are/were at OL and QB.

You'd be saying we don't have talent even if we had Ochocinco, Fitz and Housmazode if Jauron was your headcoach. It's hard to grade our offensive players because we had idiots making the final calls offensively.

DraftBoy
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Unless you are a die hard college fan, most never even heard of most of those guys you listed coming out of school.

:wave:

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 10:40 AM
i'm not talking about you. move along.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 10:41 AM

I only had to check to make sure Lance Moore was the name of the NO guy. Everyone else I knew, because I watch these guys and see them make plays. Garcon isn't as good as his statline, but he certainly made some plays after the catch. There was a game late in the season in particular where he took a screen pass ~50 yards to the house.

Believe it or not, the Colts made sure Manning has talented receivers around him that fit the offensive system well.

yomommabilly
08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I only had to check to make sure Lance Moore was the name of the NO guy. Everyone else I knew, because I watch these guys and see them make plays. Garcon isn't as good as his statline, but he certainly made some plays after the catch. There was a game late in the season in particular where he took a screen pass ~50 yards to the house.

Believe it or not, the Colts made sure Manning has talented receivers around him that fit the offensive system well.

Colts also make sure they protect the QB. When they signed C.Green, I threw up. The guy is a punk. Since 1999 he has been on 8 teams in the NFL. Last March he beat his wife with a broom handle and then punched her into a wall. Then picked up his bags and headed to the airport to report to Oakland offseason conditioning. He was arrested at Miami airport while waiting for his flight to Oakland.

Regardless whatever they signed him for, it was too much, he is HORRIBLE Olineman, horrible. This showed me exactly what Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey know about offensive lineman. Peyton Manning could be the QB and with Green protecting him, he would get killed. Please, do not give me, " What about the Spiller pick " That was a no brainer, a kid in first grade could have figured that one out.

People better not expect Levitre and Hang and Wood to carry the entire weight of the Oline for the season. The corners of this Oline are horrible, simply horrible. Color it anyway you choose, signing a player like Green is a clear sign the people in charge are clueless about how to actually build an offensive line.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Colts also make sure they protect the QB. When they signed C.Green, I threw up. The guy is a punk. Since 1999 he has been on 8 teams in the NFL. Last March he beat his wife with a broom handle and then punched her into a wall. Then picked up his bags and headed to the airport to report to Oakland offseason conditioning. He was arrested at Miami airport while waiting for his flight to Oakland.

Regardless whatever they signed him for, it was too much, he is HORRIBLE Olineman, horrible. This showed me exactly what Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey know about offensive lineman. Peyton Manning could be the QB and with Green protecting him, he would get killed. Please, do not give me, " What about the Spiller pick " That was a no brainer, a kid in first grade could have figured that one out.

People better not expect Levitre and Hang and Wood to carry the entire weight of the Oline for the season. The corners of this Oline are horrible, simply horrible. Color it anyway you choose, signing a player like Green is a clear sign the people in charge are clueless about how to actually build an offensive line.

Am I supposed to be arguing with you about something? It's obvious the OT's on this team need serious upgrades. I don't think I've ever said otherwise.

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 01:27 PM

And you don't think any of our receivers, behind Evans could have done the same as that outstanding group with Manning as their qb ?

psubills62
08-06-2010, 03:12 PM
And you don't think any of our receivers, behind Evans could have done the same as that outstanding group with Manning as their qb ?

You're saying that if Steve Johnson, James Hardy, and Felton Huggins were in Indianapolis, they'd be the same? Seriously? Oh, and Derek Fine or Derek Schouman instead of Dallas Clark.

Sorry, no, not in the least.

JCBills
08-06-2010, 03:17 PM

The Colts have an average OL, and they've never really had a premier LT protecting Manning, he's good enough to make plays under pressure.

Though I agree we overpaid Green.

yomommabilly
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Green would not make the inactive list for the Colts. No one ever said their Oline was the best, it is very good though, hell of a of a lot better then what these two Yahoo clowns will ever throw together. 10 dollars a season is overpayment for Green, wife beater. Gailey will have a lot a splainin to do once Green gets his arse constantly beat once the season comes.

yomommabilly
08-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Am I supposed to be arguing with you about something? It's obvious the OT's on this team need serious upgrades. I don't think I've ever said otherwise.

LOL, sorry, was not intended as an argument, copied it as I agree as you do, there are no offensive tackles on this football team. They may be offensive in different ways in life but it no way relates to the game of football.

Cannot wait to see how the Nix and Gailey believers explain it away when the Oline is flogged and embarrassed on a weekly basis.

better days
08-06-2010, 05:23 PM
LOL, sorry, was not intended as an argument, copied it as I agree as you do, there are no offensive tackles on this football team. They may be offensive in different ways in life but it no way relates to the game of football.

Cannot wait to see how the Nix and Gailey believers explain it away when the Oline is flogged and embarrassed on a weekly basis.

I will explain it away with what Buddy & Chan have said since day one................IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN ONE YEAR TO FIX THIS TEAM. How many times do some people need to be told that?

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 06:08 PM
You're saying that if Steve Johnson, James Hardy, and Felton Huggins were in Indianapolis, they'd be the same? Seriously? Oh, and Derek Fine or Derek Schouman instead of Dallas Clark.

Sorry, no, not in the least.

I think we both know Huggins isn't making the team.

And yes, I think Manning would make S. Johnson, Roscoe, and Hardy just as serviceable as Garcon, Gonzalez, and Collie.

After the #1's there is not much difference. Comes down to the qb's, and making sure they have time to throw.

yomommabilly
08-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I will explain it away with what Buddy & Chan have said since day one................IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN ONE YEAR TO FIX THIS TEAM. How many times do some people need to be told that?

Great excuse, rebuilding and will take more then a year so they start with a punk like Green. Oh yes, I understand.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-07-2010, 07:46 AM
I will counter with this:

THIS IS THE NFL. YOU KNOW, THE LEAGUE WHERE PARITY REIGNS. Where a team can go from 3-13 to 13-3 in one year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League:_Last_to_First). Claiming that it can't be done in one year is code for saying "I'm a quitter." If Nix and Gailey say they can't do it, they're the wrong men for the job.

better days
08-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Great excuse, rebuilding and will take more then a year so they start with a punk like Green. Oh yes, I understand.

Green is not a start, he is a band aid, on a gushing wound.

better days
08-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I will counter with this:

THIS IS THE NFL. YOU KNOW, THE LEAGUE WHERE PARITY REIGNS. Where a team can go from 3-13 to 13-3 in one year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League:_Last_to_First). Claiming that it can't be done in one year is code for saying "I'm a quitter." If Nix and Gailey say they can't do it, they're the wrong men for the job.

The Bills could very well go from 3-13 to 13-3 in one year. 3-13 this year 13-3 NEXT year.