PDA

View Full Version : The bills have money

Buffalogic
08-06-2010, 04:39 AM
The Bills are way under the cap and as it stands there is no cap next year with the CBA looming. With Schobel's release it will save the team millions...They should allocate that money elsewhere.

I wish the Bills would use their extra resources and face the facts that they need to trade for a LT. There are many to be had. McNiel, any of the trio of Saints LT's, and the door is still open on Gaither, even with his recent rash of injuries.

If they are serious about giving the QB's on our roster a shot, they should really make a move. It can be done. An accomplished LT would immediately improve the offense.

If Trent fails with an accomplished left tackle, then it's easier to replace the QB next offseason. If he fails without an accomplished left tackle, next offseason we are in the market for a premier LT and a premier QB. That's not a position any team wants to be in.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-06-2010, 06:39 AM
The uncapped season is this year, not next. Next year is the lockout year if it gets that far.

clumping platelets
08-06-2010, 06:56 AM
:popcorn:

better days
08-06-2010, 07:14 AM
If Trent fails with a good LT, how are they supposed to draft a QB when they already traded their 1st rnd pick for that LT?

Goobylal
08-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Do the Bills get back that $8M they would have owed Schobel this year? And how much bonus accelerates into this capless season (which is a good thing)? Clumpy?

Jaybird
08-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Sainst traded Brown to the Cowboys... so they don't have 2 anymore

ddaryl
08-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Do the Bills get back that $8M they would have owed Schobel this year? And how much bonus accelerates into this capless season (which is a good thing)? Clumpy?

yeah he has been released he is no longer under contract, and he gets nothing

psubills62
08-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Sainst traded Brown to the Redskins... so they don't have 2 anymore

Fixed.

And they have 3 guys who can play LT. Zach Strief, who was pretty good, Jermon Bushrod, who was not great but good enough, and Charles Brown, who is probably their LT of the future.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Why did the Redskins trade for Brown when they drafted Trent Williams at #4?! If they don't think Williams was that valuable, I still maintain that it should've been a draft trade-up opportunity that the Bills blew off without considering it.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Why did the Redskins trade for Brown when they drafted Trent Williams at #4?! If they don't think Williams was that valuable, I still maintain that it should've been a draft trade-up opportunity that the Bills blew off without considering it.

They're using Brown at RT, and it gives them good depth at LT if Williams gets injured.

k-oneputt
08-06-2010, 09:11 AM
They're using Brown at RT, and it gives them good depth at LT if Williams gets injured.

I question whether our two starters, Bell and Green, would even make their roster.

psubills62
08-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I question whether our two starters, Bell and Green, would even make their roster.

What does that have to do with my post? I was answering Johnny's question. I made no claims about our own OT's. I would have loved to get Brown, but considering the price the Redskins got for a former Pro-Bowl LT, I'd have to say there are plenty of concerns about Brown's health.

HHURRICANE
08-06-2010, 09:46 AM
The Bills are way under the cap and as it stands there is no cap next year with the CBA looming. With Schobel's release it will save the team millions...They should allocate that money elsewhere.

I wish the Bills would use their extra resources and face the facts that they need to trade for a LT. There are many to be had. McNiel, any of the trio of Saints LT's, and the door is still open on Gaither, even with his recent rash of injuries.

If they are serious about giving the QB's on our roster a shot, they should really make a move. It can be done. An accomplished LT would immediately improve the offense.

If Trent fails with an accomplished left tackle, then it's easier to replace the QB next offseason. If he fails without an accomplished left tackle, next offseason we are in the market for a premier LT and a premier QB. That's not a position any team wants to be in.

So true. This is the time to bring in a real LT and give the FO a chance to give a fair evaluation of the QB situation.

What people forget is that Trent working out is a win-win for us. Risking 40 million guaranteed on a rookie QB is a much bigger crap shoot. Especially if he's coming in with a rookie LT.

Goobylal
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Friggin' Butler had to up and retire!

Buffalogic
08-06-2010, 05:05 PM
If Trent fails with a good LT, how are they supposed to draft a QB when they already traded their 1st rnd pick for that LT?Ummm the bills have depth at RB and CB. Great depth.

You don't have to give up future picks to trade for an accomplished LT.

Jeff1220
08-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Ummm the bills have depth at RB and CB. Great depth.

And the Ravens need a decent CB or two in the worst way. I'm not sure how hurt Gaither is right now, but I'm willing they'd be willing to deal him for some DB help and a pick.

Almighty_Bruce_78
08-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Take the chain off the wallet and let's put Buffalo back on the map!!

better days
08-07-2010, 07:10 PM
So true. This is the time to bring in a real LT and give the FO a chance to give a fair evaluation of the QB situation.

What people forget is that Trent working out is a win-win for us. Risking 40 million guaranteed on a rookie QB is a much bigger crap shoot. Especially if he's coming in with a rookie LT.

How is Trent having a decent season a Win-Win? He is in the last year of his contract. It will cost a lot more money to sign him to a new Starting QB contract than a rookie QB will be next year with the rookie cap.

better days
08-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Ummm the bills have depth at RB and CB. Great depth.

If they could get that done, great.