• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Training Camp Report: 8/5/2010

Photo085b.jpg

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery - Thursday, August 5, 2010

It was the Day 8 of the Buffalo Bills Training Camp and the first full week of practice is now complete. The team continued to practice in full pads and work harder than they have worked in years. This is truly a different camp from what we are used to seeing. There is a lot more work on individual drills, plus more one-on-one teaching by the coaches. The players are also a lot more focused. As always, the team spent time working on the 7-on-7, 9-on-9, and the 11-on-11 drills. The team also worked on special teams drills, including kickoff coverage and line blocking on punts.

The players started out the day right away like they usually do by working on gap assignments and doing a quick walk-thru. Following the walk-thru, the team split into the individual units and worked on their own drills. My focus was the Defensive Backs and the Linebackers vs Running Backs/Tight Ends. The Defensive Backs started out practicing route running and working on footwork drills. Next, the players practiced catching balls from the jugs machine. For the most part, the players caught everything thrown their way. But, Ashton Youboty dropped one and also misjudged one. Ellis Lankster dropped one that was right off his fingertips. Drayton Florence also had one that he misjudged and couldn't catch the ball. On the positive side, Terrence McGee timed his jumps perfectly and caught everything. Reggie Corner had a couple nice leaping catches. Leodis McKelvin also hauled in a few high ones. After the players were done with this drill, they worked on one-on-ones against eachother...........

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: BillsZone Training Camp Report: 8/5/2010

My photos from camp are here....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
        Thanks man! Glad you liked it.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Tell Trent to cut his hair.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
            Tell Trent to cut his hair.
            Trust me, I've been saying that all camp. It looks too California Surfer boy and reminds me of both Rob Johnson and JP Losman. If only he had a haircut like his rookie season, then it looked exactly like Fitzpatrick's.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Good report as always Mike!

Your value to this site is under stated.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Good report as always Mike!

Your value to this site is under stated.
                Thanks man!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Your training camp reports are by far the best, from any source. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date, Mike.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Mike is far too positive in his reviews. We all know we're void of talent and every player sucks. Quit selling false hope.

(sarcasm)
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

I keep forgetting we have Youboty

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                        • Aug 2005

great work Mikey!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Trust me, I've been saying that all camp. It looks too California Surfer boy and reminds me of both Rob Johnson and JP Losman. If only he had a haircut like his rookie season, then it looked exactly like Fitzpatrick's.
                          I was surfing the channels yesterday and saw Jessica Alba () dancing, so I stop it right there, then just a second after this, a guy shows up wearing a # 11 jersey, yes it was a R. Johnson jersey!!!

Michael, great report, awesome pics, what else can I say, GRACIAS!!
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            Photo085b.jpg

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery - Thursday, August 5, 2010

It was the Day 8 of the Buffalo Bills Training Camp and the first full week of practice is now complete. The team continued to practice in full pads and work harder than they have worked in years. This is truly a different camp from what we are used to seeing. There is a lot more work on individual drills, plus more one-on-one teaching by the coaches. The players are also a lot more focused. As always, the team spent time working on the 7-on-7, 9-on-9, and the 11-on-11 drills. The team also worked on special teams drills, including kickoff coverage and line blocking on punts.

The players started out the day right away like they usually do by working on gap assignments and doing a quick walk-thru. Following the walk-thru, the team split into the individual units and worked on their own drills. My focus was the Defensive Backs and the Linebackers vs Running Backs/Tight Ends. The Defensive Backs started out practicing route running and working on footwork drills. Next, the players practiced catching balls from the jugs machine. For the most part, the players caught everything thrown their way. But, Ashton Youboty dropped one and also misjudged one. Ellis Lankster dropped one that was right off his fingertips. Drayton Florence also had one that he misjudged and couldn't catch the ball. On the positive side, Terrence McGee timed his jumps perfectly and caught everything. Reggie Corner had a couple nice leaping catches. Leodis McKelvin also hauled in a few high ones. After the players were done with this drill, they worked on one-on-ones against eachother...........

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archi...ort_852010.php

You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Trent hate today?

Which QB, in your opinion, looked the best/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              Mike is far too positive in his reviews. We all know we're void of talent and every player sucks. Quit selling false hope.

Please, one name, Joique Bell!
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X