PDA

View Full Version : You know tickets are going to be expensive when ....

ddaryl
08-06-2010, 08:14 AM
they include a payment calculator on their website

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/new-stadium/seating-chart.html

This is the NY Jets website. From what I understand they are advertising like there is no tommorow. My guess is ticket sales are not doing as well as they had hoped..

This is what it costs for 2 seats for 5 years on the 50 yard line in the 200 sectionon the visitors side

Gridiron Club Prime $395 per ticket

Number of PSL Seats : 2

Payment Plan : 5 Years (6.5% APR) 15 Years (8% APR)

Total PSL Cost $50,000
Deposit / Upfront Payment $5,000PSL Annual Payment $10,168

this is the cost for behind the jets bench, 5 years

$30,000 Coaches Club $700 per ticket

Number of PSL Seats : 2

Payment Plan : 5 Years (6.5% APR) 15 Years (8% APR)

Total PSL Cost $60,000
Deposit / Upfront Payment $6,000PSL Annual Payment $12,201

Dallas has even more expensive tickets. I love big markets... they are about ot do themselves in IMO

Jan Reimers
08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Do any of these geniuses in Dallas or New York realize where the economy is in this country? Aren't they aware of what happened to the Yankees when they tried to get $2500 per game (or some such ridiculous amount) for box seats behind home plate?

I hope nobody buys Jets tickets at these prices. I think the greedy owners in New York and Dallas will quickly understand the concept of "what the market will bear," and adjust their greed-o-meters accordingly.

trapezeus
08-06-2010, 11:18 AM
my neighbor was on the jets waiting list all those years and with this new stadium he said he got a call from the jets marketing department to share with him the exciting news that he is off the waiting list.

Then they told him the cost of sitting in the middle of the field in the upper bowl for like $109 a ticket, and that the PSL was just slashed to $2500. "Aren't you excited?".

He said that the price was a lot more than he expected for such bad seats. The agent said, "oh well, if you can't buy them now, we'll have to put you back on the waiting list." My pal said that was fine. They said, "ok, we'll call you in a week or so to let you know where you are on the waiting list."

The jets stadium seating situation is in really bad shape. Go ahead NFL mock the bills with their zero debt, there still very usable stadium, their packed house, and their rabid fanbase. Send it to LA so you cna have the same kind of trivial support due to ridiculous prices.

ddaryl
08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
here is some known info about Dallas tickets

I sure hope this experiment fails massively....

The Big Tickets
Something else about Jones' stadium is big: the prices. Like baseball parks and basketball-hockey arenas, football stadiums have for decades been evolving into places where an increasing amount of the real estate is devoted to premium-priced seating. In that department, Cowboys Stadium is the new frontier. About a third of the base seating capacity of 73,000 consists of suites — 325 of them — and high-priced "club seats" with access to various bar-lounges at escalating levels of luxury. Those seats require that you first buy a 30-year license, which costs between $16,000 and $150,000, depending on sight lines and your desired degree of excess. And that sum doesn't include the cost of season tickets that range from $59 to $340 per game for those seats. Team Marketing Report, a sports-business publisher, maintains a Fan Cost Index, which is the average cost for a family of four to purchase tickets, food and drink, programs, caps and parking. For the league as a whole, that number is $412.64 per game. For the Cowboys, it's a whopping $758.58, largely because the average ticket price, $159.65, is more than twice the league average

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1924535,00.html#ixzz0vr7eLpPz