PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Camp Observations

more cowbell
08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, went to the practice tonight...just figured id point out a few things I noticed tonight (in no particular order)

1. The offensive line protected very well in pass coverage tonight for the most part. I was impressed. However the 2nd stringers looked horrible. Kirk Chambers was on the Second-Team LT and was getting abused. I've heard multiple reports that Cornell Green looked miserable in pass protection, but tonight he looked solid.

2. All 4 QB's look lost. Brohm and Brown couldn't anticipate a throw all night and their throws were always late and inaccurate. Brohm completely stares down the reciever and throws the ball extremely low. Edwards was patting the ball all night, and he threw a terrible interception to Donte Whitner. He did make the one positive offensive play of the night hitting Lee Evans on a bomb down the sideline with a perfect pass. Fitzpatrick was forcing throws over the middle of the field but still looked like the 2nd best QB on the roster.

3. Leodis McKelvin fumbled another punt

4. Alex Carrington looks JACKED, and got into the backfield a few times on running plays. This kid has a lot of potential.

5. Aaron Maybin was lined up as a DE tonight and was getting knocked out of both run and pass plays by Kirk Chambers and Jonathan Stupar. He looks quick off the line but all you need to do is put a hand on the guy and he is stopped cold in his tracks.

6. Chris Ellis was seeing time with the starters with Torbor on the other side. It seems like the coaching staff is gaining a lot of confidence in him.

7. Chan Gailey is always in the offensive huddle, letting the guys know where they need to be, and always talking to the QB. It's such a relief to see a coach who actually COACHES!!

8. George Wilson was in on a couple of nice pass breakups...I am a huge fan of this guy and hope he is a Bill for a long time. Bryan Scott made an interception as well. I really like our safeties.

9. CJ Spiller was thrown right into the fire with the second-team and made a GREAT cutback run. He is by far the fastest player on the field. Can't wait to see him play in a real game.

10. Ellis Lankster made a nice defensive play where he was beaten by Donald Jones but didn't give up on the play and broke up the pass.

11. Eric Wood was the first one on the field, doing stretching ...joined next by Hangartner.

12. Chad Jackson looks quick especially on underneath slant routes. He could turn out to be our 2nd WR. Don't sleep on him.

13. Steve Johnson was seeing time with the starting unit, made a great catch on the sideline but also dropped a slant route that would have gone for 20 plus yards in the "1 minute drill"

14. Kawika Mitchell looked really quick and strong in the linebacker on running back drills completely shutting down Joique Bell on more than once occasion.

15. Speaking of Joquie Bell...he made a great run early in the practice, looks really quick and could be an awesome find.

that's all I have for now...

yomommabilly
08-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Your point number 5 explains why the ones Oline looked good. Maybin is on the ones defense, you even said Chambers was with the twos offense. They had the ones offense going against the twos defense and the twos offense going against the ones offense. Big difference.

wmoz11
08-06-2010, 10:45 PM
I read in multiple places that Whitner looks outstanding.

DMBcrew36
08-06-2010, 10:59 PM
So Maybin's still getting punked, eh?

Commissioner
08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I read in multiple places that Whitner looks outstanding.

I did as well... a couple of guys on tweeter said he look outstanding...

I thought Whitner was having a good early season last year until he got hurt.....

Perhaps he is going to be stud after all....

BertSquirtgum
08-06-2010, 11:22 PM
regardless of what you saw ryan fitzpatrick sucks and will be cut.

don't you live in california?

HopefulBillsFan
08-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Spiller stepped right in, it seemed as if Freddy saw less carries then usual

Fitz was taking snaps to initiate movement for the lineman, if that is a sign of things to come (quite the downgrade)

Trent connected with Evans once on a beautiful deep ball

Donte has been all over the place 2 INT's tonight, he is definitely noticeable

Steve Johnson beat McKelvin quite easily it seemed

Jairus Byrd seems to be accepting a role as a field general

Troup is going to be quite the player

more cowbell
08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
regardless of what you saw ryan fitzpatrick sucks and will be cut.

don't you live in california?

I hope he does get cut I think he's horrible, in no way was a making a case for him.

p.s. I am currently in Rochester

Michael82
08-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Where were you sitting? I was at the 40-yard line closer to the fieldhouse.

Night Train
08-07-2010, 05:24 AM
I had a couple others tell me how good Chad Jackson looks. He would be in the slot running those slants with Steve Johnson wide. Throw in Hardy on the redzone tries for the jump ball. Evans being Evans... That sounds like a great plan to me at WR.

Now if we only had a QB that could get them the ball.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2010, 07:24 AM
I had a couple others tell me how good Chad Jackson looks. He would be in the slot running those slants with Steve Johnson wide. Throw in Hardy on the redzone tries for the jump ball. Evans being Evans... That sounds like a great plan to me at WR.

Now if we only had a QB that could get them the ball.

If the receivers are looking good than someone is getting them the ball.

From everything I've heard Edwards is the standout in a very bad group.

Jamiezzz
08-07-2010, 08:04 AM
If J. Bell is having a great camp, does that make Lynch expandable?

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2010, 10:28 AM

thats a really good question... idk, personally i dont want to trade him.

Jan Reimers
08-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I think we'll need quite a bit more time to determine how J. Bell may fit into our plans. We're still pretty early in the process.

Michael82
08-07-2010, 10:36 AM
thats a really good question... idk, personally i dont want to trade him.

I used to want to trade him, but after seeing the re-emergence of Beast Mode again, I don't want to trade him either. Plus I really believe we'll keep 4 RBs. We will run the hell out of the ball this year.

BILLSROCK1212
08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I used to want to trade him, but after seeing the re-emergence of Beast Mode again, I don't want to trade him either. Plus I really believe we'll keep 4 RBs. We will run the hell out of the ball this year.
we'll have no choice...our QBs apparently suck

The last buffalo fan
08-07-2010, 10:56 AM

:hi5: Our forte is the run blocking, and we got the horses, plenty of them actually.

jmb1099
08-07-2010, 11:21 AM
If the receivers are looking good than someone is getting them the ball.

From everything I've heard Edwards is the standout in a very bad group.
Not everything you've heard. Edwards has been outperformed on more than one occasion this training camp. The real issue will come down to the line and who can take the most punishment without crying uncle.

jmb1099
08-07-2010, 11:22 AM
It is becoming pretty evident that is the game plan and I like it, especially considering what we have for pass blocking.

more cowbell
08-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Where were you sitting? I was at the 40-yard line closer to the fieldhouse.

midfield area a few rows up

Almighty_Bruce_78
08-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Great news about the o-line and spiller.

CAbills
08-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Maybin still looking iffy with strength, then i see an Orakapo video of him throwing up 500+ on bench on literally throwing around 300lbs LTs. What a mistake..