• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Wonder If Bills Will Make Some Training Camp Trades

Lynch would be the first thought of many but I like keeping the depth there.

What about McKelvin & Roscoe ? McKelvin sounds like he's really struggling as a returner and in coverage.. & we're loaded at CB. Parrish seems like the odd man out, if the huge Chad Jackson looks like he can catch the quick slants in the slot. We never seem to be short on return men, especially with Spiller in the fold now.

Depth in the OL and a decent QB who may be an odd man out are the obvious needs.

Never stop trying to improve.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Wonder If Bills Will Make Some Training Camp Trades

IMO, trading McKelvin would be a huge mistake.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

It's highly unlikely. Trades just are not Nix's thing. If anything, your more than likely to see them pick up a free agent you never heard of than to make a trade for someone unless its a dire circumstance like Lee Evans going down for the season or something like that. JMO.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

We have good depth at RB and CB so that would be our trade bait

but these trades are so rare, and even rarer from the Bills that I doubt we see much activity...

Lynch is the highest probable trade scenario. Any team that feels they have a shot but loses a RB before the season would be our best opportunity to make a trade....

Personally I doubt we get any player offers worth pursuing so I would hold out hope for a 2nd rd pick if it did happen

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
          IMO, trading McKelvin would be a huge mistake.
          I'm not sold on McKelvin at all.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I'm not sold on McKelvin at all.
            Thanks. I'm glad. That makes we feel even better about him.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
              It's highly unlikely. Trades just are not Nix's thing. If anything, your more than likely to see them pick up a free agent you never heard of than to make a trade for someone unless its a dire circumstance like Lee Evans going down for the season or something like that. JMO.
              Have you seen the Bills' LT situation? If that isn't dire, I don't know what is.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                Have you seen the Bills' LT situation? If that isn't dire, I don't know what is.
                It would be nearly impossible for the Bills to acquire a starting caliber LT via trade. Teams simply aren't going to give away a LT. They are too valuable. Also, I'm probably in the minority, but I think Bell can become a good player. His issues last season were more mental than physical. Gailey has mentioned on numerous occasions that Bell has all the physical tools. Nix and Gailey must believe that he can be coached up. Otherwise, it would have been addressed.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                  Thanks. I'm glad. That makes we feel even better about him.
                  Yeah, his performance in camp really contradicts me.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

A few guys here have said that Nix doesn't make trades.

We obviously look deep at RB but I would wait til the pre-season games start and see if Bell and Simpson actually are as good as everyone says they are. If they are than I think you have to make a trade for an LT. Trading for a pick is dumb because you can probably get a higher pick after the season ends and that might be the logic. Still not sure how you are going to rotate 3 great backs like that when we struggled just to rotate Lynch and Jackson last year.

The secondary is very deep but I doubt McKelvin is in play for a trade. I'd love to see us catapult McGee. I think he's the Schobel of our secondary.

One surprise canidate. Fred Jackson. I could see it happening with all of the youth we have.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Night Train

What about McKelvin & Roscoe ? McKelvin sounds like he's really struggling as a returner and in coverage.. & we're loaded at CB. Parrish seems like the odd man out, if the huge Chad Jackson looks like he can catch the quick slants in the slot. We never seem to be short on return men, especially with Spiller in the fold now.

Depth in the OL and a decent QB who may be an odd man out are the obvious needs.

McKelvin is staying right on the BIILS......
                      No way in hell do we trade him.....

Lynch may be the only way we make a trade or maybe a SAFETY.....
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

We obviously look deep at RB but I would wait til the pre-season games start and see if Bell and Simpson actually are as good as everyone says they are. If they are than I think you have to make a trade for an LT. Trading for a pick is dumb because you can probably get a higher pick after the season ends and that might be the logic. Still not sure how you are going to rotate 3 great backs like that when we struggled just to rotate Lynch and Jackson last year.

The secondary is very deep but I doubt McKelvin is in play for a trade. I'd love to see us catapult McGee. I think he's the Schobel of our secondary.

One surprise canidate. Fred Jackson. I could see it happening with all of the youth we have.
                        I would hope to see some two back sets with Fred & CJ or Lynch & CJ. I would also like to see Spiller in the slot with one of the other two in the backfield on occasion.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

McKelvin is the only CB in our secondary who's not a standard cover 2 midget... if we're going to play 3-4 we NEED him. He might be a moron. He might have issues with fumbling. But the kid is a good CB, with the makings of a great one.

Trading him would be a mistake.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• tomz
                            • Feb 2007

I agree with the Fred Jackson trade scenario. I think people are blinded (b/c of external factors) to the quality of Lynch. I still think he should start and that Jackson is more effective than Lynch off the bench. HE is also highly rated by others, by the way. For example, in (I think) the PFW Preview publication (in print) he was tossed in as one of three backs who are the most physically nasty in the league in the section where they are quoting rival scouts and coaches.

Our three headed monster, with Lynch as the hammer, Jackson as a finesse back and Spiller as a speed back gives us an excellent multidimensional threat.

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

Yeah, his performance in camp really contradicts me.
                              I'll stand by my original statement. The fact that you don't like McKelvin as a player makes me like him more.

Comment

Working...
                              X