PDA

View Full Version : Wonder If Bills Will Make Some Training Camp Trades

Night Train
08-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Lynch would be the first thought of many but I like keeping the depth there.

What about McKelvin & Roscoe ? McKelvin sounds like he's really struggling as a returner and in coverage.. & we're loaded at CB. Parrish seems like the odd man out, if the huge Chad Jackson looks like he can catch the quick slants in the slot. We never seem to be short on return men, especially with Spiller in the fold now.

Depth in the OL and a decent QB who may be an odd man out are the obvious needs.

Never stop trying to improve.

mayotm
08-07-2010, 06:28 AM
IMO, trading McKelvin would be a huge mistake.

Extremebillsfan247
08-07-2010, 06:52 AM
It's highly unlikely. Trades just are not Nix's thing. If anything, your more than likely to see them pick up a free agent you never heard of than to make a trade for someone unless its a dire circumstance like Lee Evans going down for the season or something like that. JMO.

ddaryl
08-07-2010, 07:21 AM
We have good depth at RB and CB so that would be our trade bait

but these trades are so rare, and even rarer from the Bills that I doubt we see much activity...

Lynch is the highest probable trade scenario. Any team that feels they have a shot but loses a RB before the season would be our best opportunity to make a trade....

Personally I doubt we get any player offers worth pursuing so I would hold out hope for a 2nd rd pick if it did happen

HHURRICANE
08-07-2010, 07:27 AM
IMO, trading McKelvin would be a huge mistake.

I'm not sold on McKelvin at all.

mayotm
08-07-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm not sold on McKelvin at all.Thanks. I'm glad. That makes we feel even better about him.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-07-2010, 07:31 AM
It's highly unlikely. Trades just are not Nix's thing. If anything, your more than likely to see them pick up a free agent you never heard of than to make a trade for someone unless its a dire circumstance like Lee Evans going down for the season or something like that. JMO. Have you seen the Bills' LT situation? If that isn't dire, I don't know what is.

mayotm
08-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Have you seen the Bills' LT situation? If that isn't dire, I don't know what is.It would be nearly impossible for the Bills to acquire a starting caliber LT via trade. Teams simply aren't going to give away a LT. They are too valuable. Also, I'm probably in the minority, but I think Bell can become a good player. His issues last season were more mental than physical. Gailey has mentioned on numerous occasions that Bell has all the physical tools. Nix and Gailey must believe that he can be coached up. Otherwise, it would have been addressed.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks. I'm glad. That makes we feel even better about him.

Yeah, his performance in camp really contradicts me.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2010, 08:06 AM
A few guys here have said that Nix doesn't make trades.

We obviously look deep at RB but I would wait til the pre-season games start and see if Bell and Simpson actually are as good as everyone says they are. If they are than I think you have to make a trade for an LT. Trading for a pick is dumb because you can probably get a higher pick after the season ends and that might be the logic. Still not sure how you are going to rotate 3 great backs like that when we struggled just to rotate Lynch and Jackson last year.

The secondary is very deep but I doubt McKelvin is in play for a trade. I'd love to see us catapult McGee. I think he's the Schobel of our secondary.

One surprise canidate. Fred Jackson. I could see it happening with all of the youth we have.

tampabay25690
08-07-2010, 08:16 AM

What about McKelvin & Roscoe ? McKelvin sounds like he's really struggling as a returner and in coverage.. & we're loaded at CB. Parrish seems like the odd man out, if the huge Chad Jackson looks like he can catch the quick slants in the slot. We never seem to be short on return men, especially with Spiller in the fold now.

Depth in the OL and a decent QB who may be an odd man out are the obvious needs.

McKelvin is staying right on the BIILS......
No way in hell do we trade him.....

Lynch may be the only way we make a trade or maybe a SAFETY.....

better days
08-07-2010, 08:39 AM

We obviously look deep at RB but I would wait til the pre-season games start and see if Bell and Simpson actually are as good as everyone says they are. If they are than I think you have to make a trade for an LT. Trading for a pick is dumb because you can probably get a higher pick after the season ends and that might be the logic. Still not sure how you are going to rotate 3 great backs like that when we struggled just to rotate Lynch and Jackson last year.

The secondary is very deep but I doubt McKelvin is in play for a trade. I'd love to see us catapult McGee. I think he's the Schobel of our secondary.

One surprise canidate. Fred Jackson. I could see it happening with all of the youth we have.

I would hope to see some two back sets with Fred & CJ or Lynch & CJ. I would also like to see Spiller in the slot with one of the other two in the backfield on occasion.

Ingtar33
08-07-2010, 09:29 AM

McKelvin is the only CB in our secondary who's not a standard cover 2 midget... if we're going to play 3-4 we NEED him. He might be a moron. He might have issues with fumbling. But the kid is a good CB, with the makings of a great one.

Trading him would be a mistake.

tomz
08-07-2010, 09:45 AM

I agree with the Fred Jackson trade scenario. I think people are blinded (b/c of external factors) to the quality of Lynch. I still think he should start and that Jackson is more effective than Lynch off the bench. HE is also highly rated by others, by the way. For example, in (I think) the PFW Preview publication (in print) he was tossed in as one of three backs who are the most physically nasty in the league in the section where they are quoting rival scouts and coaches.

Our three headed monster, with Lynch as the hammer, Jackson as a finesse back and Spiller as a speed back gives us an excellent multidimensional threat.

mayotm
08-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah, his performance in camp really contradicts me.I'll stand by my original statement. The fact that you don't like McKelvin as a player makes me like him more.

BillsWin
08-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I want McNeil on this team. I think he would instantly make us better, and if I were GM I would inquire about a possible trade.

Obviously, taking from a position of strength (running back, corner back) to bolster and improve a position of weakness (left tackle) is something that teams should at least think about.

But I don't think a trade will happen. Maybe bringing in some free agents, but other than that I think we and the quarterbacks for that matter, are screwed.

mayotm
08-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I want McNeil on this team. I think he would instantly make us better, and if I were GM I would inquire about a possible trade.

Obviously, taking from a position of strength (running back, corner back) to bolster and improve a position of weakness (left tackle) is something that teams should at least think about.

But I don't think a trade will happen. Maybe bringing in some free agents, but other than that I think we and the quarterbacks for that matter, are screwed.McNeil would be great, but I don't think there's any chance that it happens. I mean, what are you going to offer? It would likely take next year's first round pick. There's no way the Bills make that offer. Especially considering the Bills could very well be picking in the top 10 again.

ddaryl
08-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I agree with the Fred Jackson trade scenario. I think people are blinded (b/c of external factors) to the quality of Lynch. I still think he should start and that Jackson is more effective than Lynch off the bench. HE is also highly rated by others, by the way. For example, in (I think) the PFW Preview publication (in print) he was tossed in as one of three backs who are the most physically nasty in the league in the section where they are quoting rival scouts and coaches.

Our three headed monster, with Lynch as the hammer, Jackson as a finesse back and Spiller as a speed back gives us an excellent multidimensional threat.

Lynch is destined for more suspensions...

Does anyone here believe Lynch will stay out of trouble...

therefore what use is a RB who will be missing games

Lynch also doesn;t show up in the offseason which menas he is no leader, and doesn't have the drive and motivation to be great... only good

Lynch over Jackson = :poop:

Beebe's Kid
08-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Lynch is destined for more suspensions...

Does anyone here believe Lynch will stay out of trouble...

therefore what use is a RB who will be missing games

Lynch also doesn;t show up in the offseason which menas he is no leader, and doesn't have the drive and motivation to be great... only good

Lynch over Jackson = :poop:

I usually agree with you, but on Lynch our opinions differ. I do not think Lynch will get in anymore trouble. I have posted, at length, on how I feel the allegations against him are bull****. I read the other day, that the law he broke with the gun was found unconstitutional, and that was, in my opinion, his worst offense.

Lynch is a talent that is hard to deny, and while I like Freddy, and I am excited about Spiller, I am going to say Lynch will lead this team in rushing. Lynch is only 1 year older that Spiller, and has shed the weight he gained before last season. He is a true weapon, and will be too valuable to this team to trade.

For all the supposed "thug" mentality, his teammates and coaches seem to like him just fine. I think we get fed a line of bull**** about him.

McKelvin worries me. I like Leodis, and I would love to see him blossom into a star. He got burned in coverage his rookie year, and was injured too early last year to get a good read on him. I am hoping that all of the rust we keep hearing about in camp is just getting back to playing after the long injury lay off. The good news is that we have Florence, who performed well last year.

I am encouraged by what I hear out of Whitner. I have always been a fan, and I thought our defense was better with him on the field last year. I think our defense will be top 10, and if our offense can keep them off of the field by not doing the 3 and out thing they do so well, I think we can be top 5.

PromoTheRobot
08-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, his performance in camp really contradicts me.
He's coming off an injury. He's not 100% yet. There's still month before the opener.

PTR