• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Referee admits blowing calls in Seattle Pitt Superbowl

"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that," said the veteran of 15 NFL seasons and two Super Bowls.
    "It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly," Leavy said of the game in February 2006. "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

We all knew Seattle got screwed... now it's fact...

but my hats off to the guy for admitting it even though it's years later and nothing can be done about it.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Referee admits blowing calls in Seattle Pitt Superbowl

it stunk bad at the time. i didn't want the steelers to win at all. and i remember being almost as mad as i get when the bills are getting jobbed. the admission helps not one bit in my mind.

it's like the loss of USC's championship. that's bs. the league the NCAA got all they needed out of the outcomes, but the fanbases of the opposition don't get to experience the joy of winning the game. they don't get anything. it's bs.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Re: Referee admits blowing calls in Seattle Pitt Superbowl

This was something that really tuned me off a bit to the NFL--it really helped put things in perspective. And it wasn't that they blew the call it was that the NFL came out and said there was nothing wrong like we are a bunch of idiots. There are humans running the games there is going to be blown calls that's just the way it goes but to deny it was like a slap in the face to the fans.

Comment

Working...
      X