PDA

View Full Version : Spiller has the makings of being our first mega star since the Kelly era!

HHURRICANE
08-07-2010, 07:57 AM
You can always tell when a player has that "it" factor. I remember when Kelly came to Buffalo and you knew he was going to be great from Day 1. OJ Simpson obvioulsy comes to mind as well but he already had a Heisman.

Spiller is crazy fast and carries himself like someone who has already been there.

This is the most excited I've been about a player in a very long time.

I think Chan Gailey already knows he's got a weapon and Rex Ryan is already talking like a guy who's concerned about him.

This could be fun!!!

DMBcrew36
08-07-2010, 08:16 AM
You can't be a mega star if the team still sucks and continues to miss the playoffs.

Philagape
08-07-2010, 08:24 AM
You can't be a mega star if the team still sucks and continues to miss the playoffs.

OJ Simpson played in one playoff game in his career

HHURRICANE
08-07-2010, 08:27 AM
OJ Simpson played in one playoff game in his career

Thanks for saving me the post. You were alot nicer than I would have been.

ddaryl
08-07-2010, 09:23 AM

Barry Sanders seemed to be just that...

I'd rather Spiller do it the winning way though

Jan Reimers
08-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I just saw Spiller listed at 5' 11", 196 lbs. His size shouldn't be an issue at all.

bigbub2352
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
he has homerun ability that is something u cant teach...

The last buffalo fan
08-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for saving me the post. You were alot nicer than I would have been.

You are a cool guy, you just need to chill out sometimes! :up:

PromoTheRobot
08-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I would beg to differ.

Signed,
Barry Sanders

CuseJetsFan83
08-07-2010, 11:08 AM
let me put it this way........ with spiller, you have to gameplan around him until proven otherwise........ stop him and the rushing game and you stop the bills.

i wouldn't mind seeing if i was a bills fan a few packages with freddy jackson and spiller in........ got the speed and hands both at the same time, but with limited options at receiver, the offense on PAPER seems very one dimensional.

however, with that being said, i do think that his comments are genuine, congrats on what seems like a class act and may he play many seasons in the NFL

PromoTheRobot
08-07-2010, 11:10 AM
let me put it this way........ with spiller, you have to gameplan around him until proven otherwise........ stop him and the rushing game and you stop the bills.

i wouldn't mind seeing if i was a bills fan a few packages with freddy jackson and spiller in........ got the speed and hands both at the same time, but with limited options at receiver, the offense on PAPER seems very one dimensional.

however, with that being said, i do think that his comments are genuine, congrats on what seems like a class act and may he play many seasons in the NFL

It would not shock me to see Jackson and Spiller running some sort of Wildcat formation.

PTR

JCBills
08-07-2010, 11:17 AM
HH made a positive thread?

Did I wake up in the twilight zone?

Philagape
08-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Barry Sanders seemed to be just that...

I'd rather Spiller do it the winning way though

Sanders did make the playoffs about half of his career, but it was because of him.

billsfanryan
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM

Andre johnson anybody?

better days
08-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Sanders did make the playoffs about half of his career, but it was because of him.

I'm sure you know that no one player can make a team. That Lions team was much better than the Bills have been over the last 10 years.

BillsWin
08-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Every once in a while a team gets a player that can change the tide of a game. Often times that one player is good for 2-3 wins by themselves. Brady for the Patriots, Manning for the Colts, Chris Johnson for the Titans, Larry Fitzgerald for the Cardinals.

One big play from them can make magic happen.

Is Spiller "that guy" for us? We won't know until we see him on the field. But I think he has the potential to win us a few games this season, as well as be a star for years to come.

I know some people may want to disagree with me that he may be worth a few wins, but all it takes sometimes is a punt return or kick return for a touchdown or a 50 yard touchdown run to get you that 'W.

Spiller is good for that. I can't wait to see him in action.

G Wolly
08-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Andre johnson anybody?

I wouldn't consider him a "mega star" at this point but maybe that's just me.

BillyT92679
08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Andre johnson anybody?
I don't think he's a megastar.

As an aside, AJ's sort of an interesting case... to me he's no better than Eric Moulds was in his prime, but because he's a fantasy football darling and the best player on a perpetually average large market team, he's considered remarkable. He's excellent, don't get me wrong, but Fitz to me is a significantly better player in my opinion. Fitz dominates more (and I think Calvin Johnson will end up being better than Andre this year too)

I really have a feeling about CJ... I agree with HH on this one... something tells me the Bills finally got lucky with a player.

DMBcrew36
08-07-2010, 08:12 PM
blah blah blah

I don't give a crap unless this team has a winning record and at least reaches the Wild Card

Johnny Bugmenot
08-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Megastar running backs without any passing game = losing teams. Not always the case, but generally. See, for instance, Barry Sanders, OJ Simpson, etc.

YardRat
08-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm hoping you're right, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if Spiller amounts to more than a change-of-pace, third-down, KR type of player.

If during live action I see him run between the tackles like some other backs we've been blessed to have, I'll be a believer.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Really, worked great for Barry Sanders and Archie Manning.

Typ0
08-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Really, worked great for Barry Sanders and Archie Manning.

This was covered earlier. A guy can make the playoffs but not win it all.

Billz_fan
08-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Sounds like folks will be happy if Spiller is an all pro and the team loses ?????

I also don't care how good he is if the team continues to lose we will be no further ahead than before.

Winning is all that counts.

Buffalogic
08-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Sounds like folks will be happy if Spiller is an all pro and the team loses ?????

I also don't care how good he is if the team continues to lose we will be no further ahead than before.

Yeah ok. Because Spiller being an all pro won't help the bills win?? Nice work there.

HHURRICANE
08-09-2010, 07:55 AM

You bulld a team with talent. We have a guy that is potentially one of the biggest stars we've had in a long time. They do go hand in hand. How good are the 90 Bills without Kelly, without Bruce Simth? Take one of those guys away and we don't go to any Superbowls.

DraftBoy
08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
But he's not an OT.

Philagape
08-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm sure you know that no one player can make a team. That Lions team was much better than the Bills have been over the last 10 years.

Thanks for answering a point nobody was making. I was just responding to the error that Sanders didn't make the playoffs. But to answer yours, you don't really think that Detroit team makes the playoffs without him, do you?

better days
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for answering a point nobody was making. I was just responding to the error that Sanders didn't make the playoffs. But to answer yours, you don't really think that Detroit team makes the playoffs without him, do you?

No I don't think the Lions would have made the playoffs without Sanders. He was by far the best player on that team. I just hope Spiller can do the same for the Bills.