PDA

View Full Version : HOF Acceptance Speech Observations

Ginger Vitis
08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
1) Rickey Jackson just because Ralph WIlson went 0 for 4 in Super Bowls and your old owner Tom Benson just won his 1st after years of futility does not mean that Benson deserves to be in the Hall of fame

2) Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smiths bust do not look like them at all

3) Jerry Rice why bring up Dancing With The Stars how is that relevant to you being in inducted into the pro football hall of fame?

4) Best moment of the night was Emmitt Smith thanking Daryl Johnston that brought a tear to my eye..

5) Floyd Little sounded like a Baptist preacher during the 2nd half of his speech

more cowbell
08-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Usually Emmitt Smith sounds like a Fourth Grader when he speaks on TV, but he had a great speech tonight, very well done.

Ginger Vitis
08-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Usuall Emmitt Smith sounds like a Fourth Grader when he speaks on TV, but he had a great speech tonight, very well done.

Agreed I thought Emmitts was better than Jerry Rices..

bflojohn
08-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Actually, I thought Emmitt came across as pretty arrogant, just my observation. Others have too, so it's NOT a first!

Ginger Vitis
08-07-2010, 09:52 PM
I only caught half of Dick LeBeaus speech he mentioned Dick Jauron in some context..Did they play together? Coach together?

more cowbell
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I only caught half of Dick LeBeaus speech he mentioned Dick Jauron in some context..Did they play together? Coach together?

Jauron held his jock strap and shoulder pads and massaged his hamstrings with evaporated milk.

FlyingDutchman
08-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Jerry wasnt the best speech giver ive ever seen

G Wolly
08-07-2010, 10:13 PM
1) Rickey Jackson just because Ralph WIlson went 0 for 4 in Super Bowls and your old owner Tom Benson just won his 1st after years of futility does not mean that Benson deserves to be in the Hall of fame

2) Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smiths bust do not look like them at all

3) Jerry Rice why bring up Dancing With The Stars how is that relevant to you being in inducted into the pro football hall of fame?

4) Best moment of the night was Emmitt Smith thanking Daryl Johnston that brought a tear to my eye..

1) He kept the Saints in New Orleans and helped them along to their first ever winning season. Similar to Ralph keeping the Bills in Buffalo, which warranted his entry into the hall.

2) Most of them tend not to.

3) He was referring to another challenge he had to face and test his "fear of failure"

4) Agreed

SaviorEdwards
08-08-2010, 01:53 AM
LeBeau's was my favorite...

Spiderweb
08-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Jauron held his jock strap and shoulder pads and massaged his hamstrings with evaporated milk.

Jauron has earned Bills fan's disdain however, as a player he was talented and a very good DB is his day.

Jeff1220
08-08-2010, 10:39 AM
1) He kept the Saints in New Orleans and helped them along to their first ever winning season. Similar to Ralph keeping the Bills in Buffalo, which warranted his entry into the hall.

Ralph's induction had more to do with being an original owner in the AFL and helping to keep the expansion league afloat during tough times. He loaned Al Davis money to keep the Raiders going back then as well, and was a part of the negotiations of the AFL/NFL merger. In addition to all that, he kept the team in Buffalo, and won some AFL and AFC championships.

Commissioner
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Usually Emmitt Smith sounds like a Fourth Grader when he speaks on TV, but he had a great speech tonight, very well done.

He apparently spent 100 hours with Michael Irvin's speech coach.. memorizing it.

They probably didn't even write it.... just gave ideas.

SaviorEdwards
08-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Ricky Jackson could have given the worst speech in the history of the HOF. Where I live in Fla we're surrounded by water, suga cane, and vegtables...you can live here, unlike most other places in the country.

Italian Stallion
08-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Ricky Jackson could have given the worst speech in the history of the HOF. Where I live in Fla we're surrounded by water, suga cane, and vegtables...you can live here, unlike most other places in the country.

"Dis my hometown...my hometown....i talkin bout my hometown"

Jan Reimers
08-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Floyd Little's speech was by far the best, extremely positive and inspirational.

Night Train
08-09-2010, 08:53 AM
I hate those speeches but Smith was outstanding and very humble.

BertSquirtgum
08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
i can't believe you guys actually watched the speeches.

G Wolly
08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
i can't believe you guys actually watched the speeches.

Sorry I'm a football fan.

Ingtar33
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM

um... no. he tried to bolt for San Antonio right after Katrina. The league stopped him. It's an open secret he's tried to move the team several times in the last 5 years, with the league stopping him because it would "look bad"

he's scum on earth.

G Wolly
08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
um... no. he tried to bolt for San Antonio right after Katrina. The league stopped him. It's an open secret he's tried to move the team several times in the last 5 years, with the league stopping him because it would "look bad"

he's scum on earth.

I didn't look into it or know about it.

I based my post on what I heard during Rickey Jacksons speech.

better days
08-09-2010, 06:23 PM

he's scum on earth.

I didn't know it was a secret at all, I thought everyone knew about it.

G Wolly
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I didn't know it was a secret at all, I thought everyone knew about it.

That's what the term "open secret" means.

better days
08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
That's what the term "open secret" means.

I thought "open secret" meant that everyone knew about it, but it was meant to be hush hush, on the down low. No? I guess I should have said he never attempted to keep it a secret.

G Wolly
08-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I thought "open secret" meant that everyone knew about it, but it was meant to be hush hush, on the down low.

Yea that's it. I guess he never said it himself although it was widely known, except for me I guess.