PDA

View Full Version : The fight for #2 WR

Yasgur's Farm
08-08-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Focus-Wide-Receiver-Competition/6d9b20fd-9c75-44cc-9a42-3c6e2304d493
He's by far the most improved receiver since OTA'sCoach Hixon speaking of James Hardy... Gotta interject some reallity to offset the lies of the haters.

ddaryl
08-08-2010, 09:25 AM
picking the 5 or 6 WR's from this bunch will be tough

I'll judge them when I can see them in preseason, but was never overly down on Hardy... just frustrated we haven't gotten much out of him yet.

I blame coaching for his lack of progression... The guy is huge but it was apparent nobody showed him how to use his size properly

YardRat
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM
It's going to be a tough call to see who makes the final roster, and how the depth chart ends up shaking out. Not necessarily because we are over-loaded with proven talent at the position, but simply because we have a bunch of guys that have 'potential'.

Gawd, I really hope at least a couple make some real strides this season.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I watched the video. The only thing I heard was that he sucked the most in OTAs and has come the longest way in improving.

I'd like to hear someone who has been to camp tell me that he's been in the top 5.

mightysimi
08-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Although every time he's in the highlights, it's because he's scoring a touchdown.

Yasgur's Farm
08-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Although every time he's in the highlights, it's because he's scoring a touchdown.EXACTLY!

justasportsfan
08-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Coach Hixon speaking of James Hardy... Gotta interject some reallity to offset the lies of the haters.

yeah, I don't know where the haters come up with " he's lazy and unmotivated"

Goobylal
08-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I figure he's worth keeping as a redzone target/fade route receiver.

Beebe's Kid
08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Wait...didn't I just read in another thread he looks the and odd man our and may be the one who is going to be cut?

I don't care either way, I just want the best group of guys to make the team. I would like to shove one up NE's arse and get some production out of Chad Jackson, and I like the Roosevelt story, but like I said, the group that makes our team better is who I'll pull for.

patmoran2006
08-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I watched the video. The only thing I heard was that he sucked the most in OTAs and has come the longest way in improving.

I'd like to hear someone who has been to camp tell me that he's been in the top 5.

You ain't going to hear it from me. It's Evans, Johnson, Easley, Jackson, Parrish in my book right now.

I'm not even positive he's #6 either, that could go to Nelson.

Hardy is in a dogfight with Parrish and Jackson to make this roster, but I dont think it will matter much because I am feeling like Johnson and Easley will both see the field far more than Hardy..

I think the best he can hope for right now is to be the team's "red zone" threat where he plays when the team is inside the 10 yard line or something.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2010, 03:44 PM
You ain't going to hear it from me. It's Evans, Johnson, Easley, Jackson, Parrish in my book right now.

Hardy is in a dogfight with Parrish and Jackson to make this roster, but I dont think it will matter much because I am feeling like Johnson and Easley will both see the field far more than Hardy..

I think the best he can hope for right now is to be the team's "red zone" threat where he plays when the team is inside the 10 yard line or something.

I believe the Buffalo News agrees with you as well!

Night Train
08-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't care if Hardy only catches 40 passes as the #3 or #4 WR. If they get us first downs and 5-7 of them go for 6 points, he's helping this team.

Bmax
08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
My bet is Easley's injury will slow him down...enough...Parrish will be trade bait...maybe ...i can't see the team cutting anyone except Jackson...I think he will make the team but Hardy will also...He will make play in the red zone that no other wr besides easly can make .. His size will be a factor.. His injury has slowed his developement...

I say if we can trade Parrish do it...we have punt guys plus his salary has to be a factor..

Bmax

more cowbell
08-09-2010, 12:12 AM
I am always rooting for Hardy...I wish we could get something out of him. He just can't seem to get on the field with the starters.

psubills62
08-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't mind at all if Hardy stepped up during preseason and became a factor during the regular season. However, one reception is more than I expect from him currently.

Yasgur's Farm
08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
http://www.mpnnow.com/sports/x1110536785/Overcoming-obstacles

I thought at the start of OTAs that he was just average, That’s exactly what I thought. But as we went further and further and further down the line, he continued to improve.

The Jokeman
08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
Minnesota (NFL) 13 4 31 396 12.8 60t 4
Minnesota (NFL) 13 3 15 141 9.4 23t 4
Minnesota (NFL) 16 15 83 1312 15.8 63 8

Know who's stats those are from? Sidney Rice who was the 44th overall pick in the 2007 draft, Hardy was the 41st overall pick in 2008 draft. Let's not toss away Hardy too quickly.

DesertFox24
08-09-2010, 09:44 AM

I will wait till the 3rd preseason game is over before I predict if he will make club or not, after all he is just getting back to 100% from offseason surgey.

That being said everyone should watch this video and listen to what Jaws says about Easley. Tell you what folks we might have found our Marshall, Sims Walker, Vincent Jackson (good WRs drafted in Round 3 or later). His comment about watching easley vs Devin McCourty was interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6XHz-wfVO4

Philagape
08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
According to the official depth chart, Hardy's fighting for #6. He's behind David Nelson.

Nighthawk
08-09-2010, 09:26 PM
According to the official depth chart, Hardy's fighting for #6. He's behind David Nelson.

And Jackson was about #5 behind Nelson...doesn't smell right from everything I've read and heard from Gailey.