X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Spiller to run with the #1's on O

C.J. Spiller's contract with the Bills is only three days old, but the team is already accelerating the rookie's insertion into its offense and return units.

"NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that plans are in place to give Spiller repetitions with the first-team offense right away, and that the rookie is also viewed as the team's top choice as both a kick returner and punt returner."
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Spiller to run with the #1's on O

He should be getting reps with the first team...although I don't see him being the 'every down' guy, he wasn't picked at #9 to simply give Jackson a breather now and then. Hopefully he'll see 15-25 snaps per game, as well as return kicks.

Going to be interesting to follow the progress of the rest of training camp and see when and where he's plugged in.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Figured this would happen...Leodis is talented but a moron, and he was drafted to either light a fire under Marshawns ass or move Marshawn out so you might as well get him right in there...I think without even taken an NFL snap hes already the best player we have on paper on the offensive side

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

So if Spiller turns out to be a player and Edwards is a "serviceable" QB this season..............................

I am getting more and more excited about this season.
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Im always excited about every season....
          I just want the BILLS to go out and win some games..

I dont know about you guys but the FUTURE looks more promising with our new staff.....
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
            So if Spiller turns out to be a player and Edwards is a "serviceable" QB this season..............................

I am getting more and more excited about this season.
            If this team had tackles and more depth on the o-line I could see this team as a wildcard.

They are going to be better than advertised and they will the home-opener!!

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

I'm not too concerned with who "No. 1" is because I'd like to see at least two of them on at the same time a lot.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Thief
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                Figured this would happen...Leodis is talented but a moron, and he was drafted to either light a fire under Marshawns ass or move Marshawn out so you might as well get him right in there...I think without even taken an NFL snap hes already the best player we have on paper on the offensive side
                Who? Huh? If you mean Spiller (like I figure you mst have), may I ask why he is a moron?

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

I think he was talking about Spiller taking over for Leodis as the KR, then transitioned to talking about him taking over for Meshawn.

I had to read it a few times myself to figure out what he meant.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BidsJr
                    I think he was talking about Spiller taking over for Leodis as the KR, then transitioned to talking about him taking over for Meshawn.

I had to read it a few times myself to figure out what he meant.
                    i hope that was it. Because by all accounts Spiller was a smart kid in college. What did he graduate with, a 3.7 GPA? Something like that.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

"Why would we want to feed this guy the ball ??? He's a rookie !"

Oh wait..Jauron is gone..

21 TD's of 50+ yards at Clemson = Feeding him the ball as much as possible. Runs, Receptions, Kickoffs, Punts, Wildcat..

When is Spiller having the ball a bad idea ?
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Thief
                        Who? Huh? If you mean Spiller (like I figure you mst have), may I ask why he is a moron?
                        Huh? It clearly say Leodis...as in Leodis Mckelvin...you know the guy who returns our kicks? did you read the article? it talks about him taking over for Mckelvin too
                        Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 08-08-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Thief
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                          Huh? It clearly say Leodis...as in Leodis Mckelvin...you know the guy who returns our kicks? did you read the article? it talks about him taking over for Mckelvin too
                          Article or no article, your post was confusing. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I honestly didn't know what you ment til the other dude translated for you. Gesh.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Thief
                            Article or no article, your post was confusing. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I honestly didn't know what you ment til the other dude translated for you. Gesh.
                            im cool man no worries...just sayin thought it was pretty clear i said Leodis

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Spiller SHOULD be getting first team reps. If he can run between the tackles he should be starting period. The kid is a home run threat. If he's ready, feed him the rock.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X