PDA

View Full Version : So Spiller looks to me.....

BidsJr
08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Like a faster version of Thurman Thomas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFwBp0xVPU&feature=related

His ability to get to top speed is incredible in the videos I have watched.

Spiller 5-10 5/8 196lbs
Thomas 5-11 200lbs

This is really the first time I have looked at videos of him and his burst is off the charts, not to mention his elite top end speed. It is very unusual to have that combination. I am very excited to see him on Friday night.

better days
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM

Spiller 5-10 5/8 196lbs
Thomas 5-11 200lbs

This is really the first time I have looked at videos of him and his burst is off the charts, not to mention his elite top end speed. It is very unusual to have that combination. I am very excited to see him on Friday night.

Yeah, I wonder how fast Thurman was before he got injured in College. Of coure if he hadn't been injured the Bills would not have had a chance to draft him.

BidsJr
08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I wonder how fast Thurman was before he got injured in College. Of coure if he hadn't been injured the Bills would not have had a chance to draft him.

Fast enough to keep Barry on the bench (:

Hogwasher
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
THIS IS MY FIRST POST!

Thurman looked thicker to me. We may be surprised at how much of a scat back he really is.

BidsJr
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the zone!

Turf
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Spiller reminds me of Barry Sanders from the iota I've seen of him.

mightysimi
08-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Spiller reminds me of Barry Sanders from the iota I've seen of him.

Man I hope you're right!!!

Raptor
08-09-2010, 10:36 PM
He reminds me of Tiki Barber

Mr. Pink
08-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Spiller reminds me of Eric Metcalf.

A small scatback who can make big plays and make defenders miss in open space.

tomz
08-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Spiller reminds me of Eric Metcalf.

A small scatback who can make big plays and make defenders miss in open space.

This is ridiculous. Metcalf was more Roscoe Parrish size.

JD
08-10-2010, 01:52 AM
He's a Browns fan. :ignore:

Demon
08-10-2010, 01:53 AM
He's a Browns fan. :ignore:

If it's Brown... you flush it down! :boozer:

JD
08-10-2010, 02:01 AM
If it's Brown... you flush it down! :boozer:
:cheers:

It's my Friday! **** THE BROWNS :hand:

Mr. Pink
08-10-2010, 02:23 AM

The league as a whole was smaller then, it was 20 years ago. Spiller is the same type of running back that Eric Metcalf was at Texas.

By the way Metcalf was 5'10" 190.

What's Spiller? 5'11" 195

By the way Reggie Bush is bigger than both...6' 205

YardRat
08-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Any comparison between Thomas and Spiller is going to begin and end with how CJ runs between the tackles and absorbs hits.

X-Era
08-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Any comparison between Thomas and Spiller is going to begin and end with how CJ runs between the tackles and absorbs hits.

I agree Yard. Thurman was able to wiggle around and get yards through the pile. I cant tell you how many times I watched him go into a pile and somehow squirt out the other side for extra yards. CL doesn't seem to have that same style. CJ seems to me to be a guy who needs a bit more room but who can turn on the Jets and be gone if he gets it. Thurman was able to slip by tackles and find non-existent holes, CJ will run past and around defenders with his speed and will evade tackles because people just cant catch up to him and get a hand on him. They both have very good vision, and they both have soft hands and can be good receiving options.

DesertFox24
08-10-2010, 09:37 AM
The league as a whole was smaller then, it was 20 years ago. Spiller is the same type of running back that Eric Metcalf was at Texas.

No way Bush is 6'0 I have seen him.

I would say Spiller and Bush are about same height. Also keep in mind Spiller will probably get up to 210 by next year. His coach said he would have been at 210 had it not been for track season, and that at 210 he will not lose a step or burst at all. Any higher than 210 and he will lose speed and acceleration, so expect Spiller to be over 200 next year.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2010, 09:53 AM

Spiller 5-10 5/8 196lbs
Thomas 5-11 200lbs

I have met Thurman Thomas several times. The big joke was that he was never 5-11. I am barely 5-10 and he was probably an inch or two shorther than me. Spiller looks bigger and his frame looks like he could carry another 10 pounds.

BidsJr
08-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I have met Thurman Thomas several times. The big joke was that he was never 5-11. I am barely 5-10 and he was probably an inch or two shorther than me. Spiller looks bigger and his frame looks like he could carry another 10 pounds.

This is my point. He is a faster version of TT. About the same size, maybe even a bit bigger. With world class burst and speed.

I am not here prediciting 1st ballot hall of fame for Spiller, but I am certainly excited about his potential.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
This is my point. He is a faster version of TT. About the same size, maybe even a bit bigger. With world class burst and speed.

I am not here prediciting 1st ballot hall of fame for Spiller, but I am certainly excited about his potential.

I made a similar post saying that he has the makings of being our next mega-star.

We need one desperately. There is nothing wrong with the Spiller, in a Bills uni, making the highlight film on ESPN.

Dr. Lecter
08-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Way too early to make this comparison. Way, way too early.

And I love Spiller.

DraftBoy
08-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Guys comparing Spiller to a HOF back is going way over the line of crazy. Can the kid make even one carry in a preseason game first? I understand being excited, I loved the pick, ask anybody. But comparing him to Thurman, already?

I wanna say Bush was 5'11 something at his pro day.

Dr. Lecter
08-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Guys comparing Spiller to a HOF back is going way over the line of crazy. Can the kid make even one carry in a preseason game first? I understand being excited, I loved the pick, ask anybody. But comparing him to Thurman, already?

*cough* Bell = Payton + Sanders + Thurman + OJ + Brown *cough*

DraftBoy
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
*cough* Bell = Payton + Sanders + Thurman + OJ + Brown *cough*

We aren't talking about the greatest running back to ever grace the human race right now. We are talking about Spiller, get it straight!

justasportsfan
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't compare Spiller to Thurman. Thats just stupid. He should be compared to Marshall Faulk.

BidsJr
08-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't compare Spiller to Thurman. Thats just stupid. He should be compared to Marshall Faulk.

Yea kinda reminds of him as well (:

As I said, not going to enshrine him to Canton but he compares well from a size/skillset standpoint.

He could blow a knee tonight and it would be over. He just makes me a bit more optomistic about the season .

Hogwasher
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Metcalf was over 200 lbs later in his career.

Bulldog
08-10-2010, 09:09 PM

By the way, Spiller is the exact same size as Chris Johnson was coming out of school. Just sayin. I see Spiller as much more than a scat bak. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

better days
08-10-2010, 10:39 PM

I am comparing Spiller to Thurman when Thurman was drafted myself.

I was VERY EXCITED when the Bills drafted Thurman & I was just as EXCITED when they drafted CJ.