X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malo
    • Sep 2009

The preseason doesn't matter

the super bowl bills never won in pre-season. So don't worry if the first team offense doesn't get a first down. Relax. The Bills will still make the playoffs.

I DO NOT WANT TO READ ANYTHING ***** LIKE THIS IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The preseason doesn't matter

Thanks- you saved me the trouble of starting almost the exact same thread.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Originally posted by malo
      the super bowl bills never won in pre-season. So don't worry if the first team offense doesn't get a first down. Relax. The Bills will still make the playoffs.

I DO NOT WANT TO READ ANYTHING ***** LIKE THIS IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS.
      epic fail

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

if the bills don't move the ball much in preseason, it's because Chan doesn't want to give anything away to the Gay Sharks.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

what do you mean?

don't our seasons hopes hinge on soon to be mailmen and and guys who will be flipping flap jacks at IHOP?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
            what do you mean?

don't our seasons hopes hinge on soon to be mailmen and and guys who will be flipping flap jacks at IHOP?
            No, the season hinges on the starters, and if the starters look like **** in the pre-season, they're going to look like **** in the regular season.

Results in pre-season don't matter. In the 4th quarter, it's our future 3rd stringers and future cut list vs theirs. It's largely irrelevant.

But, every single year, some of us come on here and point out how bad the starters looked and how that will affect the team in the regular season. Every single year, other people respond with "it's pre-season, it doesn't matter." Yet, without fail, every single year, the real game starts and the team has- get this- the SAME problems that they had in pre-season.

The team won't get magically better because the NFL changes the word in front of "season" from "pre" to "Regular."
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

preseason games is mostly about one big audition as to who makes the team.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                No, the season hinges on the starters, and if the starters look like **** in the pre-season, they're going to look like **** in the regular season.

Results in pre-season don't matter. In the 4th quarter, it's our future 3rd stringers and future cut list vs theirs. It's largely irrelevant.

But, every single year, some of us come on here and point out how bad the starters looked and how that will affect the team in the regular season. Every single year, other people respond with "it's pre-season, it doesn't matter." Yet, without fail, every single year, the real game starts and the team has- get this- the SAME problems that they had in pre-season.

The team won't get magically better because the NFL changes the word in front of "season" from "pre" to "Regular."
                Correct since you have that thing called proof to back up your declarative statement.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

op u of all people should have caught that sarcasm :)

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Correct since you have that thing called proof to back up your declarative statement.
                    Yup.... every single season since this board was in existence, and probably every season before that as well, but there is no documentation on that.

The problems that the starters had in the pre-season translated to the regular season.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                      op u of all people should have caught that sarcasm :)
                      sorry- sometimes it's hard to pick up sarcasm over written communication.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Yup.... every single season since this board was in existence, and probably every season before that as well, but there is no documentation on that.

The problems that the starters had in the pre-season translated to the regular season.
                        The problem the players had is that they just sucked and lacked talent not that the pre-season means or tells you anything about the regular season.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

The problem the players had is that they just sucked and lacked talent not that the pre-season means or tells you anything about the regular season.
                          so, are you saying that players who suck suddenly get good in the regular season? Or vice-versa: players who are good in the pre-season will suddenly suck during the regular season?

I really don't think it's much of a stretch to say that how a player performs on the field during pre-season is going to be a pretty good indicator of how they will perform during the regular season, at least during situations where it's one team's starters vs the other team's starters.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

so, are you saying that players who suck suddenly get good in the regular season? Or vice-versa: players who are good in the pre-season will suddenly suck during the regular season?

I really don't think it's much of a stretch to say that how a player performs on the field during pre-season is going to be a pretty good indicator of how they will perform during the regular season, at least during situations where it's one team's starters vs the other team's starters.
                            Im not saying either, Im saying I dont need to make declarative false statements to know that a player sucks.

Every year a team goes undefeated or a QB like Bret Ratliff (quick tell me the team he plays for! and yes I already know) sets the NFL on fire in the preseason. Then they do **** in the regular season. Its been proven over and over again preseason performance both individual and team are not directly indicative of regular season performance.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Im not saying either, Im saying I dont need to make declarative false statements to know that a player sucks.

Every year a team goes undefeated or a QB like Bret Ratliff (quick tell me the team he plays for! and yes I already know) sets the NFL on fire in the preseason. Then they do **** in the regular season. Its been proven over and over again preseason performance both individual and team are not directly indicative of regular season performance.
                              This sounds like another case of using the exception to prove the rule. You gave me one example of a player doing well in the preseason and failing in the regular season. I'll give you six examples of a team failing in the pre-season and failing in the regular season: The Bills in each of the last 6 years. (Note: I'm talking in terms of how the starters performed against opposing starters, not overall stats or overall W-L for the team).

There is nothing that can directly predict how a team will perform. But if a player or unit sucks in the pre-season, it's highly likely that they will suck in the regular season, and the same thing goes for players who perform well in the pre-season.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X