X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Hypothetical if we suck this year

I was doing some research and looking up some stats from last year of potential QBs that I would like to draft.

Locker, Luck, Mallett, keenum, and Ponder.

Of those guys Mallett was sacked just once and Locker was sacked a staggering 28 times.

Also want to point out that Mallett does not have an elite line in from him, although they are better than Washington but 28 sacks in 11 games?

Anyway draft guys this is probably the one year of college football I am looking forward to the most in a long time. I am going to watch every Arkansas, Wash, Stanford, FSU, and Houston game I can.

Also for what it is worth I think if we have our pick (that is picking top 5 and we draft a qb) then I think it is going to be Mallett. At 6'7 he has a cannon of an arm and could be a younger better big Ben.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Hypothetical if we suck this year

I wish sucking this year was only hypothetical....
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DesertFox24
      I was doing some research and looking up some stats from last year of potential QBs that I would like to draft.

Locker, Luck, Mallett, keenum, and Ponder.

Of those guys Mallett was sacked just once and Locker was sacked a staggering 28 times.

Also want to point out that Mallett does not have an elite line in from him, although they are better than Washington but 28 sacks in 11 games?

Anyway draft guys this is probably the one year of college football I am looking forward to the most in a long time. I am going to watch every Arkansas, Wash, Stanford, FSU, and Houston game I can.

Also for what it is worth I think if we have our pick (that is picking top 5 and we draft a qb) then I think it is going to be Mallett. At 6'7 he has a cannon of an arm and could be a younger better big Ben.
      Yeah, I am also looking forward to watching the QB prospects this year.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Until we see how the college season plays out it's hard ot pick the top QB for 2011...

but one thing is for sure there is a much better class of QB's coming out next year compared to this year.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I really don't think Keenum is in the discussion of top QB's next year. I'd say take a look at Jerrod Johnson at Texas A&M as well.

According to DB, Luck is by far the best prospect of the QB's in college football. Locker, Mallett, etc. all have significant progress they need to make before being considered great QB prospects.

Another guy to keep an eye on (though you almost certainly can't watch his games) is Pat Devlin at Delaware. He's a pocket-passer who transferred from PSU and may end up entering the conversation come draft time next year.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

P.S. http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193402
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Seems like a good opportunity to rank the QB's...

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by psubills62
                I really don't think Keenum is in the discussion of top QB's next year. I'd say take a look at Jerrod Johnson at Texas A&M as well.

According to DB, Luck is by far the best prospect of the QB's in college football. Locker, Mallett, etc. all have significant progress they need to make before being considered great QB prospects.

Another guy to keep an eye on (though you almost certainly can't watch his games) is Pat Devlin at Delaware. He's a pocket-passer who transferred from PSU and may end up entering the conversation come draft time next year.
                I think the pocket passer is a dying breed. If you watched the Dallas-Cinci game last night, Palmer looked a lot like Bledsoe at the end of his career. I think todays QB needs to have some mobility.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Here's my first quick take, this doesn't have everyone yet, I don't have a profile up for Keenum yet:

Quarterback

1) Andrew Luck**, Stanford
                  2) Jake Locker, Washington
                  3) Ryan Mallett*, Arkansas
                  4) Pat Devlin, Delaware
                  5) Christian Ponder, Florida State
                  6) Nathan Enderle, Idaho
                  7) Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M
                  8) Andy Dalton, TCU
                  9) Kellen Moore*, Boise State
                  10) Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State
                  11) Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
                  Last edited by X-Era; 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I wish sucking this year was only hypothetical....
                    you must feed off of the replies that your negativity gets. it's the only logical conclusion to how every single one of your post is bull****.

Edited: Please don't circumvent the filter. Thanks.
                    Last edited by shelby; 08-09-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                      you must feed off of the replies that your negativity gets. it's the only logical conclusion to how every single one of your post is bulls--t.
                      Eventually, you will stop insulting people and start actually contributing to the conversation.

Oh wait, no you won't- the reason you insult people instead of actually challenging their point is because you have no intelligent responses. And that isn't going to change.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by better days
                        I think the pocket passer is a dying breed. If you watched the Dallas-Cinci game last night, Palmer looked a lot like Bledsoe at the end of his career. I think todays QB needs to have some mobility.
                        You judge it based on a single preseason game? How about all the seasons that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have spent dominating the competition? How about Matt Schaub, Philip Rivers, etc.?

Saying someone is a pocket passer doesn't mean he has zero mobility. It just means that he's more apt to pass than run. Locker used to be a running QB, but was transitioning to a passing QB last year. He should be more of a pocket passer this year.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by psubills62
                          You judge it based on a single preseason game? How about all the seasons that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have spent dominating the competition? How about Matt Schaub, Philip Rivers, etc.?

Saying someone is a pocket passer doesn't mean he has zero mobility. It just means that he's more apt to pass than run. Locker used to be a running QB, but was transitioning to a passing QB last year. He should be more of a pocket passer this year.
                          I was talking about the classic pocket passer that had little mobility. I said it was a dying breed, not a dead breed.

Payton is incredible yet he was getting sacked a lot more last year when I watched him. I can't wait to watch Brady this year with an O-line that is not all that great. I predict he goes down hard & often.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by better days
                            I was talking about the classic pocket passer that had little mobility. I said it was a dying breed, not a dead breed.

Payton is incredible yet he was getting sacked a lot more last year when I watched him. I can't wait to watch Brady this year with an O-line that is not all that great. I predict he goes down hard & often.
                            Like I said, the term pocket passer does not equal Bledsoe's mobility. A lot of pocket passers still have the ability to avoid the rush or run for a first down when need be. I'm pretty sure no one wants a statue like Bledsoe.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jaybird
                              • Dec 2005

We need to see what thoseboys can do this year, but based on what i've seen I am a huge Locker fan. Reminds me of a steve young type

Comment

Working...
                              X