Where would you draft Spiller in Fantasy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Where would you draft Spiller in Fantasy?

I'm thinking 4th because I think he WILL be at the top of the depth chart come september.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: Where would you draft Spiller in Fantasy?

regardless he's still in a crowded backfield where the touches will be passed around between three talented rb's. this season i think it will be a mid round flyer risk reward type of pick at least in my leagues.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Fourth round is way too early. In a keeper league, mid-draft.... in a non keeper, i don't think i would touch him at all.
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

In a non-keeper league he's virtually undraftable.

He won't get enough touches to make an impact from week to week and come midseason you'll be releasing him for someone who might make a difference.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Non draftable? That's not right.

I'd pick him in the 9th round or later. He's going to be better than most think fantasy wise.

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

I took him as a flyer with my last pick in one draft, just in case.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'd take him to fill in the final RB roster spot, but not any higher.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                I'm thinking 4th because I think he WILL be at the top of the depth chart come september.
                How can you draft a guy that you have NO CLUE how he will be used.....4th is way to early to be drafted.
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Why would you waste a pick like that? The only spot to take him in is the very last round and even then we have no idea how Gailey is going to rotate his backs.

I wont do a fantasy draft till week 3 of the preseason, too many injuries are going to happen in the next 2-3 weeks that will screw up a lot of drafts.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                    • Feb 2009

My last selection, and that is it.
                    I make it a habit not to draft rookies (Forte was the exception and that turned out cha ching).
                    I also make it a habit not to draft Bills. But that will change this year, because I have got Fred in my sights.
                    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

The leagues I'm in have a couple people that draft all running backs in sight. He'll go before the 8th round or so in those.

I'm just happy to be playing with people who pick like that.
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        In a non-keeper league he's virtually undraftable.

He won't get enough touches to make an impact from week to week and come midseason you'll be releasing him for someone who might make a difference.
                        Don't agree with that at all. I guess some of you guys are in 8 team leagues.

In my main big money league with 14 teams he will easily be drafted. He should probably go in the 9th -11th round. He may go way too early because the league is all Bills fans. Think of it this way, my league has no roster limits, but I would have to say the average is 4 RBs per team. You are telling me Spiller isn't in the top 56 RBs out there? No way. I think his ADP is falling around Round 9 or 10.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Why would you waste a pick like that? The only spot to take him in is the very last round and even then we have no idea how Gailey is going to rotate his backs.

I wont do a fantasy draft till week 3 of the preseason, too many injuries are going to happen in the next 2-3 weeks that will screw up a lot of drafts.
                          Not a waste at all. Say you have Fred Jackson picked in round 6 or 7, why not handcuff him with Spiller in round 9 or 10? The last pick is for a Defense or a kicker, unless you are some dumb ass league where Defenses score mega points.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Yeah, there's no way Spiller is undraftable, except maybe in 8-team leagues, like Thurm said. I've actually seen him gone around 8th round in a lot of mocks that I've done, for non-keeper leagues.

Yes, it's true we don't know how Spiller will be used. But there's a reason they drafted him in the first round. They're not going to put him on the sidelines or use him as a decoy - he's going to get touches. He's especially useful if PR and KR touchdowns count for individual players.

That being said, I wouldn't draft him until 9th or 10th round, probably, and only if he was on my bench. Fourth round is too early - that's a every-week fantasy starter, while Spiller is more of a fill-in for bye weeks and injury.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

I'd stash him as my fourth RB, just for potential
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X