X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Trent more vocal

Trent Edwards looks more comfortable in his role as the starting quarterback, and his teammates are noticing.

Edwards has been more vocal with his teammates, has been more apt to approach his receivers in between series to discuss things that may have just happened or just to make sure they’re on the same page. He’s also been more encouraging of his teammates if they make a good play.

“He’s matured as the quarterback and as the quarterback you need to be a leader,” said Lee Evans. ”He’s definitely a lot more vocal this year, a lot more vocal in camp and I think it just goes to show just how much more confident he is. If he plays well then usually the offense plays well.”

• streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: Trent more vocal

I remember JP being more vocal only to crap the bed during the 2007 season!
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
      I remember JP being more vocal only to crap the bed during the 2007 season!
      Thats's not true. JP played like crap in 2007 and it was only after the bye that he played better. In 2008 he was supposed to improve and he didn't. Let's get our facts staright.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

I like what I've heard from him so far, but I'd like to see it translate onto the field first before getting giddy over him. It's definitely nice to see him growing a pair and calling it like it is instead of just giving lip service.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

bills pr machine uses the same bag of tricks during the build up of the season.

1. QB is more of a leader now story
          2. some scrub who is determined to make the best of his situation (usually Mccargo, but this year they played the ellis angle. Perhaps ellis will succeed, but i'm simply talking about the PR spin stories they do.
          3. local college or home grown talent trying to make the team story. Roosevelt this year, corto before.
          4. long term player who happens to love the area. "moorman"

these articles just make me wish the preseason was 2 weeks long at that the season started in mid august.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

It's never a bad thing when your presumed starting QB gives signs of maturity. Every player is different, and I attach no significance to any comparison with JP Losman or anyone else. Then I've also learned through hard experience not to assume there will always be a carryover from training camp performances into the regular season. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
            X