• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Training Camp Report: 8/9/2010

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery - Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 11 of Buffalo Bills Training Camp brought some rain to St. John Fisher College. It was enough to cancel the full team autograph session, but not enough to cancel practice. Head Coach Chan Gailey chose to go ahead with practice because the players have to learn how to play in rain and other inclement weather. While the rain did chase some fans away, the stands at Growney Stadium were still pretty full. Many people brought ponchos and umbrellas to keep dry. The players used this weather as a way to practice with a wet football and on wet turf. After all, Ralph Wilson Stadium always seems to have at least one rain game per season.

The players started streaming out of the locker room around 7:35 and practice began at 7:45, lasting until 9:00pm. A couple familiar faces were back on the field after missing the first week of camp. Keith Ellison practiced individually and in the 7-on-7 drills, while Paul Posluszny was held out of practice due to the wet turf. The coaches didn't want to risk him re-injuring himself. Receivers David Nelson and Roscoe Parrish were also back practicing with the team.......

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archi...ort_892010.php
    Last edited by Michael82; 08-10-2010, 12:38 PM.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: BillsZone Training Camp Report: 8/9/2010

How did the o-line look ? Who was lining up where ?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Thanks again, Mike. You're the best!
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

zoner of the year candidate
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
          How did the o-line look ? Who was lining up where ?
          It was alright, but again, it was another day where the starting OL was not together. Cordaro Howard was starting at RG and Kirk Chambers at RT. That was the side that Trent Edwards felt the most pressure from.

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Practiced in the RAIN?!! WOW!!!!!!
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
              Practiced in the RAIN?!! WOW!!!!!!
              And I stayed and took notes/photos in the rain!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Here's an interesting reply about my James Hardy comment, on Two Bills Drive from a long time poster....

Originally posted by nucci
                Great report! Regarding Hardy, my brother was talking to Eric Moulds this weekend, their sons play baseball and basketball together in Amherst. Gailey asked Moulds to come to camp and talk to the receivers and said he is not impressed by Hardy. He said he would correct his mistakes and Hardy would go back out and do same thing again. He said Jackson is a good receiver and should make the team. FWIW.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Here's an interesting reply about my James Hardy comment, on Two Bills Drive from a long time poster....
                  That is interesting and I thought Hardy could turn it on but clearly not. Makes sense anyways cause Easly could be that big reciever and Jackson is that perfect number 4 guy. Has speed, size and could hurt teams dime backs.

So Mike, love your work man, does it seem Leodis is starting to get his head on straight.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

And I stayed and took notes/photos in the rain!

Good Job Mike!!!
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                      That is interesting and I thought Hardy could turn it on but clearly not. Makes sense anyways cause Easly could be that big reciever and Jackson is that perfect number 4 guy. Has speed, size and could hurt teams dime backs.

So Mike, love your work man, does it seem Leodis is starting to get his head on straight.
                      Easley is that big receiver, but his injury is worse than first thought. I wouldn't be surprised if he started out the season on the PUP or one of those injury lists.

As for Leodis, part of the reason why Evans is getting open so much is that Leodis is starting to get burned. It's still Florence's job to lose.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal

Good Job Mike!!!
                        Thanks Cntry!

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Easley is that big receiver, but his injury is worse than first thought. I wouldn't be surprised if he started out the season on the PUP or one of those injury lists.

As for Leodis, part of the reason why Evans is getting open so much is that Leodis is starting to get burned. It's still Florence's job to lose.
                          Easley can't go on PUP - you have to start TC on PUP to be eligible. I think it's either IR or roster spot. I still think Easley makes it if he doesn't go on IR, and I really hope he can play some this year. He needs the experience (particularly when we're out of the playoff race).

That was one of my biggest gripes against Jauron - it's a lost season and he doesn't bother to give any of our young players experience. I sure hope Gailey knows better.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                            • Feb 2009

Hmm I realize he got brunt early on but it seemed to me in the highlights, Lee's two big catches came from busted coverage on T-Mac., at least looked that way in the video.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Too bad about Hardy's failure to develop. It doesn't seem to hurt the Bills that much as they have good competition at WR. I don't see them having difficulty finding 5 or 6 players who can make the team based on their merits, and do some damage when they get on the field. I'm glad to see that Edwards is getting better, and more confident. It bears repeating though that we need to see it in games, and especially games that count.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X