PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Training Camp Report: 8/9/2010

Michael82
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.billszone.com/mtimages/2010/Photo061b.jpg

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery - Monday, August 9, 2010 (http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/Buffalo%20Bills%20Training%20Camp%202010/8-9-2010%20Night%20Practice/)

Day 11 of Buffalo Bills Training Camp brought some rain to St. John Fisher College. It was enough to cancel the full team autograph session, but not enough to cancel practice. Head Coach Chan Gailey chose to go ahead with practice because the players have to learn how to play in rain and other inclement weather. While the rain did chase some fans away, the stands at Growney Stadium were still pretty full. Many people brought ponchos and umbrellas to keep dry. The players used this weather as a way to practice with a wet football and on wet turf. After all, Ralph Wilson Stadium always seems to have at least one rain game per season.

The players started streaming out of the locker room around 7:35 and practice began at 7:45, lasting until 9:00pm. A couple familiar faces were back on the field after missing the first week of camp. Keith Ellison practiced individually and in the 7-on-7 drills, while Paul Posluszny was held out of practice due to the wet turf. The coaches didn't want to risk him re-injuring himself. Receivers David Nelson and Roscoe Parrish were also back practicing with the team.......

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/08/09/billszone_training_camp_report_892010.php

k-oneputt
08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
How did the o-line look ? Who was lining up where ?

Jan Reimers
08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks again, Mike. You're the best!

justasportsfan
08-10-2010, 12:53 PM
zoner of the year candidate

Michael82
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
How did the o-line look ? Who was lining up where ?

It was alright, but again, it was another day where the starting OL was not together. Cordaro Howard was starting at RG and Kirk Chambers at RT. That was the side that Trent Edwards felt the most pressure from. :ill:

Cntrygal
08-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Practiced in the RAIN?!! WOW!!!!!!

Michael82
08-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Practiced in the RAIN?!! WOW!!!!!!

And I stayed and took notes/photos in the rain! :shocked:

Michael82
08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Here's an interesting reply about my James Hardy comment, on Two Bills Drive from a long time poster....

Great report! Regarding Hardy, my brother was talking to Eric Moulds this weekend, their sons play baseball and basketball together in Amherst. Gailey asked Moulds to come to camp and talk to the receivers and said he is not impressed by Hardy. He said he would correct his mistakes and Hardy would go back out and do same thing again. He said Jackson is a good receiver and should make the team. FWIW.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Here's an interesting reply about my James Hardy comment, on Two Bills Drive from a long time poster....

That is interesting and I thought Hardy could turn it on but clearly not. Makes sense anyways cause Easly could be that big reciever and Jackson is that perfect number 4 guy. Has speed, size and could hurt teams dime backs.

So Mike, love your work man, does it seem Leodis is starting to get his head on straight.

Cntrygal
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
And I stayed and took notes/photos in the rain! :shocked:

:faint:

Good Job Mike!!! :10:

Michael82
08-10-2010, 01:44 PM
That is interesting and I thought Hardy could turn it on but clearly not. Makes sense anyways cause Easly could be that big reciever and Jackson is that perfect number 4 guy. Has speed, size and could hurt teams dime backs.

So Mike, love your work man, does it seem Leodis is starting to get his head on straight.

Easley is that big receiver, but his injury is worse than first thought. I wouldn't be surprised if he started out the season on the PUP or one of those injury lists.

As for Leodis, part of the reason why Evans is getting open so much is that Leodis is starting to get burned. It's still Florence's job to lose.

Michael82
08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
:faint:

Good Job Mike!!! :10:

Thanks Cntry! :up:

psubills62
08-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Easley is that big receiver, but his injury is worse than first thought. I wouldn't be surprised if he started out the season on the PUP or one of those injury lists.

As for Leodis, part of the reason why Evans is getting open so much is that Leodis is starting to get burned. It's still Florence's job to lose.

Easley can't go on PUP - you have to start TC on PUP to be eligible. I think it's either IR or roster spot. I still think Easley makes it if he doesn't go on IR, and I really hope he can play some this year. He needs the experience (particularly when we're out of the playoff race).

That was one of my biggest gripes against Jauron - it's a lost season and he doesn't bother to give any of our young players experience. I sure hope Gailey knows better.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Hmm I realize he got brunt early on but it seemed to me in the highlights, Lee's two big catches came from busted coverage on T-Mac., at least looked that way in the video.

TigerJ
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Too bad about Hardy's failure to develop. It doesn't seem to hurt the Bills that much as they have good competition at WR. I don't see them having difficulty finding 5 or 6 players who can make the team based on their merits, and do some damage when they get on the field. I'm glad to see that Edwards is getting better, and more confident. It bears repeating though that we need to see it in games, and especially games that count.

Michael82
08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Hmm I realize he got brunt early on but it seemed to me in the highlights, Lee's two big catches came from busted coverage on T-Mac., at least looked that way in the video.

Yeah, you might be right...he's getting better in coverage compared to how he started.

Michael82
08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Too bad about Hardy's failure to develop. It doesn't seem to hurt the Bills that much as they have good competition at WR. I don't see them having difficulty finding 5 or 6 players who can make the team based on their merits, and do some damage when they get on the field. I'm glad to see that Edwards is getting better, and more confident. It bears repeating though that we need to see it in games, and especially games that count.

Yeah we definitely need to see it in games first before we celebrate.

Tatonka
08-10-2010, 06:33 PM
how has the LT spot looked? has Bell played at all?

X-Era
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM

I cant say any of us should have known this, but the questions were there. He was raw at Indiana, he needed to improve route running and show better ability to fight for the ball. Add in the character issues. It seemed he was drafted more because of his size and good speed than his proven ability on the field. That's not to say anyone can predict, I'm convinced we cant.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah we definitely need to see it in games first before we celebrate.

Ya I'm just saying from the start of camp to now, Leodis has looked better. But that's not saying much.

Michael82
08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
how has the LT spot looked? has Bell played at all?

Meredith has looked good at LT. I like him a lot, Bell is starting to get more reps there over the last week.