If you were the Jets GM (Revis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

If you were the Jets GM (Revis)

I know it isn't Bills related, but what do you all think about the Darrelle Revis situation. This guy is rejecting 100million dollar contracts. There are reports saying he is looking to make 20mil a year. I guess all we can say is thanks Al Davis. What would you do if you were the Jets GM? He is definitely either 1a, 1b when it comes to corners in this leauge (Asomugha). But man... 20 million a season is incredible......?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: If you were the Jets GM (Revis)

Id trade him for that guy in MIN who is fasting and working his ass off through camp.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

I'd trade his ass out of town asap.
      Tremendous talent, and there's no doubt he outplayed his rookie deal last year, but he was only 'good' the year before.
      He's got 3 years left of his current contract, and I don't know what it pays him, but 3 years to go, and then wanting to be paid as the single best CB? No thanks.

All the other guys who got seriously paid as top CBs recently, did so as free agents.

Revis also was a holdout on his rookie deal, which makes 2 holdouts in 3 years.

I wouldn't trust the greedy SOB to honour any contract.

Good thing is, it's the Jests problem, and not ours.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

at some point the NFL is just going ot have to ignore these rediculous contract demands and let these players just rot..

the economy is not going to support increass in ticket prices to pay the Revis's and the rest of the Butthead's

It's time for the Jets to raise those PSL's
        Last edited by ddaryl; 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Pay the man.

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl
            at some point the NFL is just going ot have to ignore these rediculous contract demands and let these players just rot..

the economy is not going to support increass in ticket prices to pay the Revis's and the rest of the Butthead's
            I was pointed to a Jets board earlier, and I only scanned the thread towards the end (it was 107 pages and counting), but one guy kept referring to him as Mevi$, which just about summed it up for me.

For some of these players, you hope that they have to sit out this year, and then get locked out next year tbh. Trouble is that penalises the guys who deserve to get paid.

In Revis case, I'm not sure which is the greater, his talent or his greed.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              Pay the man.
              The system is flawed but since it's the way it is, i would have to pay him. It's not everyday you get the best corner in the game on your team.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

How could you possibly trade this guy? Pay him whatever he wants.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                  • Jan 2010

what is his trade value? 2 FIRST rounds a second a third and sixth?
                  “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Buddo
                    I was pointed to a Jets board earlier, and I only scanned the thread towards the end (it was 107 pages and counting), but one guy kept referring to him as Mevi$, which just about summed it up for me.

For some of these players, you hope that they have to sit out this year, and then get locked out next year tbh. Trouble is that penalises the guys who deserve to get paid.

In Revis case, I'm not sure which is the greater, his talent or his greed.
                    I think you are forgetting the part of the story where the Jets came to Revis' agent and told him that they wanted to redo his deal. They keep calling him the best defender in the game, so naturally he would want to be paid more. The Jets created their own monster and I have no sympathy for them.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I would let his ass hold out as long as he wanted and not let him accrue NFL service time like an *******.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

His attitude reminds me of Nate Clements - except Revis has the skills to back it up.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

the nfl owners are making a killing. so if you get on revis' case you have to get on the owners case as well. The fact you know that the owneres can afford it is that they aren't releasing him and telling him, "no one will pay that." If someone came in with an undoable deal that was setting awful precedent, i'm sure the nfl owners would collude to keep that guy out of the league.

in the end, if i was the GM in NJ, i'd call Kovalchuk up and have him talk to Revis and tell the story of what its like to have a $100mm contract go up in smoke. and then i'd tell revis, he should probably heed the warning.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                            I know it isn't Bills related, but what do you all think about the Darrelle Revis situation. This guy is rejecting 100million dollar contracts. There are reports saying he is looking to make 20mil a year. I guess all we can say is thanks Al Davis. What would you do if you were the Jets GM? He is definitely either 1a, 1b when it comes to corners in this leauge (Asomugha). But man... 20 million a season is incredible......?
                            This is a team that may very well trade him and in so is trading from a position of strength... they have Cromartie and drafted Kyle Wilson.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I'd offer him 3 years, $45.31 mil and if he doesn't take it let him sit.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X