PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Easley

Demon
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
wow..... i was looking forward to seeing him play. I heard a lot of big things from him so far in camp. Major blow to our offense and his career if this could be true.

When asked if it could be season ending, Chan didn't close the door: "It may be, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see."
10 minutes ago via web from Rochester, NY

When asked about Easley's condition Gailey said they are coming close to making a decision on the wide out's knee.
11 minutes ago via web from Rochester, NY

From Joe Buscaglia's twitter.

http://twitter.com/JoeB_WGR

Philagape
08-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Hardy may have just made the team after all.

The upside is more opportunity for Chad Jackson.

Sucks for Easley, though, and the Bills. Here's hoping for a full recovery.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Another year of getting kicked in the nuts. This team is just snake bitten. Who did Ralph run over and kill on his way to Dennys?

justasportsfan
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Trent Edwards throws 3 touchdowns on six passes in red zone 7 on 7 drill about 2 hours ago via txt

Nice. hope he can do the same when someone wants to take his head off.

trapezeus
08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Another year of getting kicked in the nuts. This team is just snake bitten. Who did Ralph run over and kill on his way to Dennys?

perhaps just the native american graves they built the stadium on top of.

unbelievable.

elltrain22
08-10-2010, 05:52 PM
this is very upsetting news. totally sucks, but I'm used to it.

Dr. Pepper
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM

really? dont get me wrong, it sucks for marcus and i hope he can come back and contribute/have a good career, but.... he's a 4th round rookie wideout. its not like this effects our season in any way. he can still learn from the sidelines, which is probably what he'd be doing anyway.

trapezeus
08-10-2010, 06:02 PM
also, point of inquiry, when do we start bashing chan for having full contact practices?
sarcasm off/

HHURRICANE
08-10-2010, 06:10 PM
really? dont get me wrong, it sucks for marcus and i hope he can come back and contribute/have a good career, but.... he's a 4th round rookie wideout. its not like this effects our season in any way. he can still learn from the sidelines, which is probably what he'd be doing anyway.

He was competing for a starting spot. Really.

Dr. Pepper
08-10-2010, 06:17 PM
He was competing for a starting spot. Really.

i just didnt see him making a starting NFL lineup this season, even one as bad as the Bills. if i remember correctly, he just came into his own as a senior at UCONN, and was still very much unpolished as a receiver. in a position that normally takes a while adjusting to as a pro, i thought hed have a lot of work to do before making an impact.

mrbojanglezs
08-10-2010, 06:30 PM
a rookie wr being out is not a major blow,

Johnny Bugmenot
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Well, his career's toast.

Beebe's Kid
08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Well, his career's toast.

Yep, there it is. Nobody has ever comeback from...well we really don't know about his injury, but we know it's the worst situation ever.

:dead:

PromoTheRobot
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
No one has said he's done yet. Just that they aren't ruling it out. Also it's not like he tore up his knee. He's standing and walking around. I think what they mean by "season ending" they mean that he won't heal in time for final cuts and they would rather stash him on IR for the year and give another promising WR a shot.

PTR

WeAreArthurMoates
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Easlly would of been nothing more than a 4th this year. What sucks is that it hinders his development next year.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
No one has said he's done yet. Just that they aren't ruling it out. Also it's not like he tore up his knee. He's standing and walking around. I think what they mean by "season ending" they mean that he won't heal in time for final cuts and they would rather stash him on IR for the year and give another promising WR a shot.

PTR

I hope you are right and I hope Chad Jackson, Nelson and Parrish were way ahead of him.

YardRat
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Too bad...I hope it's not as bad as some are indicating, because I was looking forward to seeing the kid on the field this season.

BertSquirtgum
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
what the ****. this really sucks. i hope he can heal up so he can learn some more this year.

Nighthawk
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Kind of bummed about this, as I thought Easley would mature as the season goes on into a really good WR for the Bills. That, now, will be delayed.

One good thing, Jackson looks like he might be ready to revive his career in Buffalo and we might just have a really good player on our hands.

DesertFox24
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Guys I would relax until something official comes out. After all he said Nelson was going to miss some good time (2 practices was all).

I am also no expert but he was walking around with a slight limp in the video if he had torn his ACL then I doubt he would be out there walking.

I hope it is not serious and he can play this year.

patmoran2006
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
True, and this sucks.

I have told anyone who would listen since early OTA's that Easley was going to be the steal of this draft for Buffalo. This is a two-year injury as far as I'm concerned, he loses this year and will be a rookie basically all over again in 2011.

And yes, this probably does put Hardy on the roster now, but that is NOT a lock.. I am telling you, this guy cannot get open. Im not going to bet on it, but if it comes down to the two don't be surprised to see Nelson (florida) get in over Hardy...

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 07:47 AM
True, and this sucks.

I have told anyone who would listen since early OTA's that Easley was going to be the steal of this draft for Buffalo. This is a two-year injury as far as I'm concerned, he loses this year and will be a rookie basically all over again in 2011.

And yes, this probably does put Hardy on the roster now, but that is NOT a lock.. I am telling you, this guy cannot get open. Im not going to bet on it, but if it comes down to the two don't be surprised to see Nelson (florida) get in over Hardy...

Why is everyone convinced it is an ACL injury. The guy was walking around camp until Monday and the injury happened early last week.

No doubt it is probably something since he got a second opinion but it might not be any ligament damage it could be a sprain or something that will keep him out 6 weeks or something.

trapezeus
08-11-2010, 08:20 AM
you can do damage to your acl and mcl and be able to walk. running and cutting would be where the knee slips and the pain sets in.

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 08:59 AM
you can do damage to your acl and mcl and be able to walk. running and cutting would be where the knee slips and the pain sets in.

Understand but if he damaged his ACL one would think they would not want him standing around and would have probably already put him IR and signed another WR for camp.

I have a feeling it is not an ACL injury but could be a patella injury or an MCL injury. The way the injury happened was on a diving reception and he was not engaged. My gut tells me maybe he has some cartilage injury or maybe a slight fracture.

Just look at the highlights they show when he got hurt. No I am not a doctor but we have all seen countless ACL tears on TV and youtube to kind of have an idea when it happens. If this is an ACL injury it would shock me.

trapezeus
08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
i did not see the clip of his injury. but if you see how thin and maskingtape like the acl and mcl are, you'd probably ask yourself why people don't tear their ACL and MCL more often.

It could be a variety of things. hopefully it comes back as a minor thing.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
The premature pronouncements of Easley's demise amaze me. There has been nothing official on his injury yet, but some have his career at an end. Unbelievable.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I just want a friggin update.

I think the guy was going to be good this year.

DraftBoy
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I blame our conditioning program.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I blame our conditioning program.

"It's a tuff game for tuff peeple."

trapezeus
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
i blamed chan's over zealous workouts already. we have to go back to club jauron practces.
i figured the excitement about full pad workouts had to come to an end at somepoint and i wanted to be the first to flip flop on the sentiment.

tampabay25690
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
i blamed chan's over zealous workouts already. we have to go back to club jauron practces.
i figured the excitement about full pad workouts had to come to an end at somepoint and i wanted to be the first to flip flop on the sentiment.

I disagree.........
This team has been a bunch of PUSS%%% for a few years now and it's time they start to earn there pay......I want to see the hitting, it just makes this team want to hit someone else when the season starts......I luv that there hitting.......Saddle up boys it's not vacation at OBD anymore.....

DraftBoy
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I disagree.........
This team has been a bunch of PUSS%%% for a few years now and it's time they start to earn there pay......I want to see the hitting, it just makes this team want to hit someone else when the season starts......I luv that there hitting.......Saddle up boys it's not vacation at OBD anymore.....

He was kidding, much like I was.

There was a contingent of posters here last year who seemed convinced that our acl tears and broken bones were in direct correlation to our condidtioning.

tampabay25690
08-11-2010, 12:48 PM
He was kidding, much like I was.

There was a contingent of posters here last year who seemed convinced that our acl tears and broken bones were in direct correlation to our condidtioning.

I know it was more for the ones that don't know what a ACL tear is....
But I luv it that there hitting........

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Guys in the Chris Brown Chat today this is what he said about Easley

[Comment From Keith Keith: ]
What happened to Easley's knee? Did he twist it or did he simply land on it? Update? Wednesday August 11, 2010 1:52 Keith
<table style="width: 100%;"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="chatmsgtime" nowrap="nowrap">1:52
</td><td class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text">Chris Brown:
No one in the media saw it. Chan said he landed on his knee and the ground is baked solid out here at camp. Hope to get a further update tonight after practice from Chan. </td></tr></tbody></table>

I am sure you can tear your ACL like this but I am going to bet it is not an ACL tear, just my gut feeling.

I will say he is BS about no one in media saw it since it showed the catch on the highlights that day.

PromoTheRobot
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
if Easley's knee can heal up by the first few week or two of the season he makes the roster. If not they stash him on IR for the year and give shot to someone like Jones, Roosevelt or Hardy.

PTR

Nighthawk
08-11-2010, 02:57 PM
If he landed on it...it may be a fracture of the knee cap or something to that extent. We will see...

Thief
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
if Easley's knee can heal up by the first few week or two of the season he makes the roster. If not they stash him on IR for the year and give shot to someone like Jones, Roosevelt or Hardy.

PTRI believe that would make him a PUP list candidate.

Hogwasher
08-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I dont think she is hot enough to make the Jills squad, no way. My dog is a Jill and she is a purebread Shar-pei

Mr. Pink
08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
If it's something that's a season ending injury you may never see him in a regular season game ever.

That's just the way things go for lower round draft picks, they don't get the chances to keep coming back.

YardRat
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I dont think she is hot enough to make the Jills squad, no way. My dog is a Jill and she is a purebread Shar-pei

:rofl:

I love when **** like this happens!

Jersey1031
08-11-2010, 06:51 PM
If it's something that's a season ending injury you may never see him in a regular season game ever.

That's just the way things go for lower round draft picks, they don't get the chances to keep coming back.

this is just silly... hes no 7th round schmo. most draft write ups after the draft had this as our best pick. think again, sir

Dr. Pepper
08-11-2010, 07:26 PM
this is just silly... hes no 7th round schmo. most draft write ups after the draft had this as our best pick. think again, sir

lol your opinion would be more convincing to me if you werent a raging UCONN fan...

Mr. Pink
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Name one write up that had this as our best pick?

He's a 4th round "schmo"

The team doesn't have a huge investment in him and we have a logjam of average WRs.

It's pretty simple he misses the entire season and say Nelson steps up and someone else shows enough behind him, Easley becomes a guy who has no place on the team. He'll have a huge uphill battle next preseason/camp to prove he belongs among more seasoned players.

That doesn't even take into account if we go out and pick up any proven veterans in FA or spend a high pick on WR next offseason.

It's the nature of the game when you're not a first or second round pick.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Easley will need surgery

Bills head coach Chan Gailey confirmed that Marcus Easley will need surgery on his leg injury.

“It looks like he’s going to need surgery, said Gailey. “I don’t know exactly when that’s going to take place. We’ll get a better determination of what we’re talking about long term, short term after that.”

Easley suffered the injury in practice last week.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/11/easley-will-need-surgery/

Philagape
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
just moved:

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Bills rookie wide receiver Marcus Easley is expected to undergo surgery on his injured left leg and will be out indefinitely, coach Chan Gailey said after practice Wednesday night.

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
This almost makes me think it is not an ACL injury, if it was an ACL one would think they would have already IRed him or put him on the PUP list.

Really confusing....

Anyone got any scopes on this?

Really hoping it is not season ending, but I guess we have to wait till next week.