PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Madness Hardy is not getting cut..

Bmax
08-11-2010, 12:21 AM
With the possibility of a major injury to easley the chance that the bills cut hardy is lim to none...

Huggins is also hurting...plus i have not heard or seen any reports that he is out performing hardy....

the depth chart right now should be ..

1. Evans
2. Johnson
3. Parrish
4. Jackson-having a great camp
5. Hardy

with 2-5 the final rankings will be determined in games...let's wait to see who makes plays in games when things count before we cut a guy.....

bmax

HAMMER
08-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks Coach

BertSquirtgum
08-11-2010, 01:17 AM
i think hardy's chances of being cut is 50/50. he really needs to show the coaches some good things during the pre-season games.

SaviorEdwards
08-11-2010, 01:24 AM
id put jackson ahead of johnson

tomz
08-11-2010, 07:11 AM
For the low ranking receivers, isn't special teams play a significant issue (usually)? I do not recall ever seeing Hardy even play special teams.

k-oneputt
08-11-2010, 08:08 AM
With the possibility of a major injury to easley the chance that the bills cut hardy is lim to none...

Huggins is also hurting...plus i have not heard or seen any reports that he is out performing hardy....

the depth chart right now should be ..

1. Evans
2. Johnson
3. Parrish
4. Jackson-having a great camp
5. Hardy

with 2-5 the final rankings will be determined in games...let's wait to see who makes plays in games when things count before we cut a guy.....

bmax

A couple of weeks ago it was Roscoe on the locals chopping block, they've moved on to Hardy now.

OpIv37
08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Why would it be madness to cut a guy who's done absolutely nothing in 2 years?

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I expect to keep 6... Easley's injury is good news for David Nelson.

Evans, Hardy, Jackson, Johnson are locks IMO... Parrish is too but there's still a possibility he gets traded.

k-oneputt
08-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Why would it be madness to cut a guy who's done absolutely nothing in 2 years?

Because Roscoe is not getting cut. He is playing the slot. Plain and simple and I think you realize that now.
Obviuosly the Easly injury helps Hardy's cause. Who else could they be keeping ? Nelson maybe. Jones maybe but seems like a long shot. Huggins is hurt and probably was another long shot. Roosevelt is at the bottom and might hit the practice squad..

OpIv37
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Because Roscoe is not getting cut. He is playing the slot. Plain and simple and I think you realize that now.
Obviuosly the Easly injury helps Hardy's cause. Who else could they be keeping ? Nelson maybe. Jones maybe but seems like a long shot. Huggins is hurt and probably was another long shot. Roosevelt is at the bottom and might hit the practice squad..

I REALLY wish this team had done something about WR this off-season other than just drafting Easley. What a mess.

People get enamored with Roscoe's moves on punt returns and quickly forget about how ****ty he is as a WR. I would love to cut both him and Hardy but I think you may be right- we really don't have any better options.

k-oneputt
08-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Unless they get a vet of the wire when the cuts start.

don137
08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Everything I have heard and read is that Hardy is basically a wasted body out there and doing nothing special. His claim to fame is being a second round pick. Sounds like he is being outplayed by virtually everyone. He is helped the most by Easley's injury.

The Jokeman
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I REALLY wish this team had done something about WR this off-season other than just drafting Easley. What a mess.

People get enamored with Roscoe's moves on punt returns and quickly forget about how ****ty he is as a WR. I would love to cut both him and Hardy but I think you may be right- we really don't have any better options.
I agree we should have brought in a vet. In fact I think Muhsin Muhammed still out there and think he's a serviceable veteran WR. That said let's not forget most WRs take three years to develop in the NFL. So this could be Hardy's year to step up. Granted he did miss most of last year too so he might need another full season before can really count on him but I'm not ready to toss him aside yet.

In terms of Roscoe, I think as upi said at best he's an above average punt return man and nothing more (see Dante Hall) of course there's still an outside chance he'll become another Az-Zahir Hakim but that's doubtful.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM

They brought in a head coach who is offensive minded. Thats doing something for the wr's. Rather than just give up on the talent who were in a situation to fail under Dick, I don't have a problem with Gailey looking into the players they already have. Don't forget too that Spiller can be considered a wr.

Bringing in a vet does nothing for this team down the road. Developing our young wr's does.We're not trying to win now.WE're trying to build a future and a vet won't be part of our future.Thats why we let TO and Reed go.

OpIv37
08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
They brought in a head coach who is offensive minded. Thats doing something for the wr's. Rather than just give up on the talent who were in a situation to fail under Dick, I don't have a problem with Gailey looking into the players they already have. Don't forget too that Spiller can be considered a wr.

Bringing in a vet does nothing for this team down the road. Developing our young wr's does.We're not trying to win now.WE're trying to build a future and a vet won't be part of our future.Thats why we let TO and Reed go.

First, no WR is going to develop with these QB's.

Second, if that's the way you want to go, then why bother with Parrish or Evans? They won't be part of the future either.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
First, no WR is going to develop with these QB's. people can learn from both good and bad experiences. Route running, blocking. YOu can't tell me that players can't get better by simply being on the field.

Second, if that's the way you want to go, then why bother with Parrish or Evans? They won't be part of the future either.

Evans is part of the future. Parrish is under contract. I think Gailey was right for NOT dropping a player under contract without looking at him first hand.

your words from a different thread

because first, we have too many holes to wait 2 years for guys to contribute. By the time two years rolls around, we'll have a hole at another position, we'll draft him then we'll have to wait two years for him to develop, by that time we have new holes.... we're constantly chasing our tails.

if you bring in a vet, it ******s his development and will end up contradicting your quote.

if you bring in a vet , that takes away time from our young players to develop. Hardy would have been better than he is today if we didn't bring in TO.

OpIv37
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
who cares if our young players are developing if we already have vets who can contribute?

Saying Hardy would be better today without TO is an opinion and not a fact. I really think Hardy is just a straight-up bust and he'd suck no matter how much experience he would have had last year.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
who cares if our young players are developing if we already have vets who can contribute? we're building a future for years to come. What is it that you don't understand when Nix said it will take time? What is it that you don't understand when he implied we're building through the draft.

If you want to win now then fine. Bring in vets. But if we fail just like we did in the last 10 years by plugging vets who ended up leaving, don't start whining.

I don't have a problem with the new FO letting the young ones grow TOGETHER. Let them learn and make their mistakes together.

Saying Hardy would be better today without TO is an opinion and not a fact. I really think Hardy is just a straight-up bust and he'd suck no matter how much experience he would have had last year.

yes it's an opinion but it's REALISTIC to say the experience would have helped Hardy out.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Hardy looked good the day I was at camp. He caught a bomb TD and had some nice shorter grabs. That is the only thing I can compare anything to.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
If Hardy makes it, it may be due more to attrition than anything else. Huggins being waived and Easley apparently having a serious injury leaves us a little short at the position.

trapezeus
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
hardy might be of the maybin cut. a situational player who should go in on redzone plays only. with no coaching and the first weeks as a rookie, he was a nice target in the endzone. but aside from that i don't see him having the work ethic to be a better player.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 10:57 AM
but aside from that i don't see him having the work ethic to be a better player.
reports are he worked hard in the off season. Maybe he's stupid but work ethic has not been his problem.

madness
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Don't worry, I don't plan on cutting Hardy. I realize he was a very raw talent coming out of college and missed about 1 1/2 years to injury. Factor in that most receiver's "light" do not turn on until the 3rd year which is especially true for big receivers such as himself.

A quick look at the receivers in his draft class will show receivers fitting the same mold are still "struggling" and have had to deal with injuries as well while the smaller receivers have been contributing nicely. In fact, the only one big WR to actually contribute to a team was the one selected before the Bills took Hardy... GB's Jordy Nelson.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't worry, I don't plan on cutting Hardy. I realize he was a very raw talent coming out of college and missed about 1 1/2 years to injury. Factor in that most receiver's "light" do not turn on until the 3rd year which is especially true for big receivers such as himself.

A quick look at the receivers in his draft class will show receivers fitting the same mold are still "struggling" and have had to deal with injuries as well while the smaller receivers have been contributing nicely. In fact, the only one big WR to actually contribute to a team was the one selected before the Bills took Hardy... GB's Jordy Nelson.

I'm not sure if Hardy will ever amount to anything but remember ,Moulds didn't develop til his 3rd year and the difference is, Moulds wasn't injured his first 2 years.

I hope Easley's injury is nothing because I am high on him than any of our young wr's.

OpIv37
08-11-2010, 11:14 AM
we're building a future for years to come. What is it that you don't understand when Nix said it will take time? What is it that you don't understand when he implied we're building through the draft.

If you want to win now then fine. Bring in vets. But if we fail just like we did in the last 10 years by plugging vets who ended up leaving, don't start whining.

I don't have a problem with the new FO letting the young ones grow TOGETHER. Let them learn and make their mistakes together.

yes it's an opinion but it's REALISTIC to say the experience would have helped Hardy out.

the problem is that there seems to be this delusion that we can develop 22 starters from the draft and have them all peak at the same time. That's not realistic. They should have brought in a vet WR now and if he's washed up when the team peaks in 2 or 3 years, bring in another vet.

Once again, you are thinking in terms of black and white. It's either "build through the draft" or "bring in tons of vets." There is a third option: mostly build through the draft but supplement with vets.

As far as the opinion, I wouldn't say it's realistic. You can give Rob Johnson all the experience in the world and he's still going to be a bust. Some players benefit from experience, some are just busts.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 11:25 AM
the problem is that there seems to be this delusion that we can develop 22 starters from the draft and have them all peak at the same time. That's not realistic. They should have brought in a vet WR now and if he's washed up when the team peaks in 2 or 3 years, bring in another vet. .Never said they will peak all at the same time. Simply saying that if you keep delaying young ones from gaining experience, you'll ****** their development.

The sooner you get them playing the sooner you'll know about them. Sitting the young ones on the bench does nothing.

Once again, you are thinking in terms of black and white. It's either "build through the draft" or "bring in tons of vets." There is a third option: mostly build through the draft but supplement with vets. . nope never said one or the other. You would want your core player to come from the draft and play together for years. That's what teams like the colts, pats, Chargers, Pitts did. The Pats plugged in Moss and Wleker but not after their core was already built through the draft.

I am sure we will plug in vets down the road. Next year or the year after. But I don't have a problem with Gailey wanting to see what he inherited first before going elsewhere.

As far as the opinion, I wouldn't say it's realistic. You can give Rob Johnson all the experience in the world and he's still going to be a bust. Some players benefit from experience, some are just busts.

I would rather have the coaches tell me he's a bust after they have worked with them first hand. Not based on your opinion.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Everything I've read has Hardy at the bottom of the barrel. He was supposed to be competing for the #2 spot and Steve Johnson has pretty much already locked it up.

Right now the locks are:

1) Evans
2) Johnson
3) Chad Jackoson
4) Parrish

You can sign, seal and deliver this. That leaves one more spot in th starting rotation. If Easley hadn't got hurt he'd be #5 so that leaves the follwoing:

David Nelson and Roosevelt are also having good camps.

If Hardy makes this team it will be because of the Easley injury. That doesn't happen and h was a goner.

OpIv37
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Never said they will peak all at the same time. Simply saying that if you keep delaying young ones from gaining experience, you'll ****** their development.

The sooner you get them playing the sooner you'll know about them. Sitting the young ones on the bench does nothing.

nope never said one or the other. You would want your core player to come from the draft and play together for years. That's what teams like the colts, pats, Chargers, Pitts did. The Pats plugged in Moss and Wleker but not after their core was already built through the draft.

I am sure we will plug in vets down the road. Next year or the year after. But I don't have a problem with Gailey wanting to see what he inherited first before going elsewhere.

I would rather have the coaches tell me he's a bust after they have worked with them first hand. Not based on your opinion.

Hardy isn't one of those core players. Putting him on the field doesn't do anything either because he's a bust.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Hardy isn't one of those core players. Putting him on the field doesn't do anything either because he's a bust.

you might be right and I wouldn't be surprised . I like Easley better anyways. But your way of thinking would have called Moulds a bust after 2 years.

trapezeus
08-11-2010, 11:41 AM
moulds was behind a fairly talented WR core, so watching him slowly develop was very easy. We have nothing in the WR sector after last year's pathetic display of football. so people have to be rushed into action. and it's where a lot of impatience is bred from fans.

I say, if we lower our expectations, this year won't be so bad. realize that we had changes in personnel and coaching is a double whammy to overcome. but as long as we aren't making the same mistakes week in and week out, this should be a good year to step forward.

justasportsfan
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
moulds was behind a fairly talented WR core, so watching him slowly develop was very easy.

Hardy was injured and behind Lee and TO. Moulds had better qb's and coaches in his first 2 years too

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I agree we should have brought in a vet. In fact I think Muhsin Muhammed still out there and think he's a serviceable veteran WR. That said let's not forget most WRs take three years to develop in the NFL. So this could be Hardy's year to step up. Granted he did miss most of last year too so he might need another full season before can really count on him but I'm not ready to toss him aside yet.

In terms of Roscoe, I think as upi said at best he's an above average punt return man and nothing more (see Dante Hall) of course there's still an outside chance he'll become another Az-Zahir Hakim but that's doubtful.

Muhs retired

Bmax
08-11-2010, 11:36 PM
After second thought .. IR seems like a good place for him...being out 2 games might really hurt his chances...He wiill have only one to two games to prove himself.. I think roosevelt is a lock for the practice squad and may have an outside shot at the roster....Injuries can get you cut just ask Chad Jackson...

Bmax...

Mr. Pink
08-12-2010, 03:04 AM
Hardy just flat out sucks.

Another wasted pick.

We really need to purge the roster of this guys and there's plenty of bums to choose from.

justasportsfan
08-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Right now I would say Jackson is the fifth WR with Evans, Johnson, Parrish and rookie David Nelson ahead of him. And pushing him hard are rookies Donald Jones and Naaman Roosevelt. This thing is a long way from over though.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/13/fan-friday-8-13/