Stop the Madness Hardy is not getting cut..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Stop the Madness Hardy is not getting cut..

With the possibility of a major injury to easley the chance that the bills cut hardy is lim to none...

Huggins is also hurting...plus i have not heard or seen any reports that he is out performing hardy....

the depth chart right now should be ..

1. Evans
    2. Johnson
    3. Parrish
    4. Jackson-having a great camp
    5. Hardy

with 2-5 the final rankings will be determined in games...let's wait to see who makes plays in games when things count before we cut a guy.....

bmax
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Stop the Madness Hardy is not getting cut..

Thanks Coach

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

i think hardy's chances of being cut is 50/50. he really needs to show the coaches some good things during the pre-season games.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
        • Feb 2010

id put jackson ahead of johnson
        "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• tomz
          • Feb 2007

For the low ranking receivers, isn't special teams play a significant issue (usually)? I do not recall ever seeing Hardy even play special teams.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bmax
            With the possibility of a major injury to easley the chance that the bills cut hardy is lim to none...

Huggins is also hurting...plus i have not heard or seen any reports that he is out performing hardy....

the depth chart right now should be ..

1. Evans
            2. Johnson
            3. Parrish
            4. Jackson-having a great camp
            5. Hardy

with 2-5 the final rankings will be determined in games...let's wait to see who makes plays in games when things count before we cut a guy.....

bmax
            A couple of weeks ago it was Roscoe on the locals chopping block, they've moved on to Hardy now.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Why would it be madness to cut a guy who's done absolutely nothing in 2 years?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

I expect to keep 6... Easley's injury is good news for David Nelson.

Evans, Hardy, Jackson, Johnson are locks IMO... Parrish is too but there's still a possibility he gets traded.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Why would it be madness to cut a guy who's done absolutely nothing in 2 years?
                  Because Roscoe is not getting cut. He is playing the slot. Plain and simple and I think you realize that now.
                  Obviuosly the Easly injury helps Hardy's cause. Who else could they be keeping ? Nelson maybe. Jones maybe but seems like a long shot. Huggins is hurt and probably was another long shot. Roosevelt is at the bottom and might hit the practice squad..

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                    Because Roscoe is not getting cut. He is playing the slot. Plain and simple and I think you realize that now.
                    Obviuosly the Easly injury helps Hardy's cause. Who else could they be keeping ? Nelson maybe. Jones maybe but seems like a long shot. Huggins is hurt and probably was another long shot. Roosevelt is at the bottom and might hit the practice squad..
                    I REALLY wish this team had done something about WR this off-season other than just drafting Easley. What a mess.

People get enamored with Roscoe's moves on punt returns and quickly forget about how ****ty he is as a WR. I would love to cut both him and Hardy but I think you may be right- we really don't have any better options.
                    Last edited by OpIv37; 08-11-2010, 09:42 AM.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Unless they get a vet of the wire when the cuts start.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Everything I have heard and read is that Hardy is basically a wasted body out there and doing nothing special. His claim to fame is being a second round pick. Sounds like he is being outplayed by virtually everyone. He is helped the most by Easley's injury.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

I REALLY wish this team had done something about WR this off-season other than just drafting Easley. What a mess.

People get enamored with Roscoe's moves on punt returns and quickly forget about how ****ty he is as a WR. I would love to cut both him and Hardy but I think you may be right- we really don't have any better options.
                          I agree we should have brought in a vet. In fact I think Muhsin Muhammed still out there and think he's a serviceable veteran WR. That said let's not forget most WRs take three years to develop in the NFL. So this could be Hardy's year to step up. Granted he did miss most of last year too so he might need another full season before can really count on him but I'm not ready to toss him aside yet.

In terms of Roscoe, I think as upi said at best he's an above average punt return man and nothing more (see Dante Hall) of course there's still an outside chance he'll become another Az-Zahir Hakim but that's doubtful.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

They brought in a head coach who is offensive minded. Thats doing something for the wr's. Rather than just give up on the talent who were in a situation to fail under Dick, I don't have a problem with Gailey looking into the players they already have. Don't forget too that Spiller can be considered a wr.

Bringing in a vet does nothing for this team down the road. Developing our young wr's does.We're not trying to win now.WE're trying to build a future and a vet won't be part of our future.Thats why we let TO and Reed go.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              They brought in a head coach who is offensive minded. Thats doing something for the wr's. Rather than just give up on the talent who were in a situation to fail under Dick, I don't have a problem with Gailey looking into the players they already have. Don't forget too that Spiller can be considered a wr.

Bringing in a vet does nothing for this team down the road. Developing our young wr's does.We're not trying to win now.WE're trying to build a future and a vet won't be part of our future.Thats why we let TO and Reed go.
                              First, no WR is going to develop with these QB's.

Second, if that's the way you want to go, then why bother with Parrish or Evans? They won't be part of the future either.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X