• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Madden 11

All,

My work does not allow me to get to EA anymore so I can not read anything about the game. I had a few questions and was hoping I could get some answers.

1. Online Franchise can you import draft classes from NCAA, and is it better than last years. In other words is it like online dynasty but madden?

2. How is the game play with the bills

3. Any word on player progression last madden game I really played for awhile was 06 and that game sucked in terms of player progression.

4. Is the game fun or is it like 08 where there is just so much crap to do in preaseason and the season that it is more work than fun. NCAA made the interface better this year and made it more streamlined which is really nice.

Any other opinions would be great, I used to love Madden but NCAA took over because I love building up crappy teams to power houses. Madden also frustrated me because teams would not resign players they should like franchise QBs, draft very unrealistically, and it just got dumb.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Madden 11

I've played a couple games.

The gameplay feels smoother than last year. More explosion plays.

If you are good on the sticks you can really break some defender ankles.

CJ Spiller is a beast start him on every down as well as kr. I ran 3 kicks back with CJ my second game and 2 with him on the first.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

I agree with Wagon Circler, the gameplay is smoother and the big difference to me is that the blocking is much better and u can actually read blocks more this year.

Negatives: They did not touch the Franchise mode, Superstar mode or online franchise at all, whicj kinda sucks because the franchise modes are my favorite parts and they seemed to already be a bit neglected in the past versions. The ign.com review agreed with my thoughts in that they seemed to gear the game towards a much more casual fan. The major improvement they made was that they allow you, if you so choose, to let the computer to choose your plays and quicken the pace of the game...however for people like me and most others I know, this "major improvement" is worthless because the best part of the game is trying to choose plays to beat the defense.

all in all, its a fairly solid game and if you liked last year's madden, you'll probably like this one, but for real football junkies this game isnt any better at all than the 2010 version, which is kindof disappointing.
      Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 08-11-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
        I've played a couple games.

The gameplay feels smoother than last year. More explosion plays.

If you are good on the sticks you can really break some defender ankles.

CJ Spiller is a beast start him on every down as well as kr. I ran 3 kicks back with CJ my second game and 2 with him on the first.
        what difficulty you playing on.

Any update on online franchise mode, or player progression which has been horrible in years past.

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          I agree with Wagon Circler, the gameplay is smoother and the big difference to me is that the blocking is much better and u can actually read blocks more this year.

Negatives: They did not touch the Franchise mode, Superstar mode or online franchise at all...the ign.com review agreed with my thoughts in that they seemed to gear the game towards a much more casual fan. The major improvement they made was that they allow you, if you so choose, to let the computer to choose your plays and quicken the pace of the game...however for people like me and most others I know, this "major improvement" is worthless because the best part of the game is trying to choose plays to beat the defense.

all in all, its a fairly solid game and if you liked last year's madden, you'll probably like this one, but for real football junkies this game isnt any better at all than the 2010 version, which is kindof disappointing.
          Well that pretty much makes me not want to get it since they did not touch online franchise, which they said they would. Oh well maybe I will get Madden 12 hopefully we will not be the second worst team in the game.

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

They didn't touch the online franchise at all? Still no contracts, trade logic, etc?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

oh and one other thing...at least with PS3...Idk if this was the case last year and idk if i'm reading this correctly but it seems that in order to play online, you need to pay another $11 which seems like BS to me..am i seeing this wrong?

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                what difficulty you playing on.

Any update on online franchise mode, or player progression which has been horrible in years past.
                I play on all-pro like the online versus matches.

Like Pinkdogg said the 'gameplan' feature where the computer calls your plays or gives you a simplified play sheet to select from is totally worthless to repeat customers, I think.

They may not have reinvented franchise mode but they spent the most work where it counts and that's on the in game play. If you play your friends a lot head to head then you will appreciate this. They fixed a lot of the irritants that plagued Madden 10.

The one constant negative that holds true this year and every year is that interceptions repeatedly clang of the hands and chests of defenders.

All in all the in game play is improved from 10.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by madness
                  They didn't touch the online franchise at all? Still no contracts, trade logic, etc?
                  from what i read, no, they didnt touch it at all...gotta pay for my online access first

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

oh and one other thing...at least with PS3...Idk if this was the case last year and idk if i'm reading this correctly but it seems that in order to play online, you need to pay another $11 which seems like BS to me..am i seeing this wrong?
                    Free of charge as long as you bought a new copy of the game. The activation code is on the back of the instruction manual.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                      Well that pretty much makes me not want to get it since they did not touch online franchise, which they said they would. Oh well maybe I will get Madden 12 hopefully we will not be the second worst team in the game.
                      There has been changes to OL Dynasty. I have read that it is more like NCAA's, but I haven't messed with it, as I am waiting for my friends to get their copies.

I played 3 preseason, and 1 exhibition games. I played on All-Pro.

The game plays different from last year, and at first I didn't like the look as much, but it started to grow on me.

The Bills got absolutely murdered in the ratings. We have guys in the 50's and 60's all over the place. The awareness is what kills the ratings, and some think that doesn't matter when you are the player, but it sure matters on defense. I guess this is fair, but there are some ratings I take issue with. Troup is rated extremely low, with a "potential" of B, so even if there is a good progression, which I have read is slow, he will never get to be that good. I will say that he has been my most dominating defender, and that even though they are rated low...Carrington, and Moats have played well.

Our receivers, after Evans, are all rated below 64. They also have Hardy as the #2, and Chad Jackson has a spd of 84, which is funny as all I have read about his describes him as a speedster. There are a bunch of players missing. Wang is nowhere to be found, and half of the receivers aren't present. The RB's are done after Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller.

I will say that I struggled with who to have at RB. It is hard to give all three touches. I started putting Spiller and Jackson at WR spots in 4-wide sets....Spiller is a ****ing stud. I returned two kicks of 95+ yds against the Colts. The other returners haven't even come close, for what it's worth.

The QB situation, is as to be expected, dismal at best. Edwards started slow, but I am getting better with him. Brohm came in like a house of fire, and let an 85 yard TD drive going 5 for 5, then promptly threw picks on TERRIBLE passes the next two drive. Fitzy is the fastest so when the pocket collapses, and it will, you can run for your life. Brown...I played him for a qtr and didn't hit on a pass...wasn't his fault, and his TP and TA are the best of the group.

One issue that I had was with defense. It is hard. When you switch to a different player, they stop running. It wasn't every time, but it was more than once, as I watched the opposing RB streak by me.

I will need to play a few more games tonight, and sim a season to let you know on the progression.

There is a very good forum that talks about all sports games, and there is a lot of info on there. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/

Check it out if you have time.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

The code for online play should be included with the game. The only way you'd have to pay for it is if you bought a used copy. At least that's been my understanding of it, and that's how the latest UFC game worked.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by madness
                          Free of charge as long as you bought a new copy of the game. The activation code is on the back of the instruction manual.

ahhhh sweeeet, thanks man you saved me 11 dollars and some embarrassment haha

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Negatives: They did not touch the Franchise mode, Superstar mode or online franchise at all, whicj kinda sucks because the franchise modes are my favorite parts and they seemed to already be a bit neglected in the past versions. The ign.com review agreed with my thoughts in that they seemed to gear the game towards a much more casual fan. The major improvement they made was that they allow you, if you so choose, to let the computer to choose your plays and quicken the pace of the game...however for people like me and most others I know, this "major improvement" is worthless because the best part of the game is trying to choose plays to beat the defense.

This allowing the computer to pick your plays isn't anything new anyways. You could always hit x and "ask Madden" for a play. It is worthless.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              This allowing the computer to pick your plays isn't anything new anyways. You could always hit x and "ask Madden" for a play. It is worthless.

true, they did have that...i will say i tried the Gameplan thing is a little better as far as picking their plays, but yeah as far as a "major improvement" that they are really pushing, it seems pretty disappointing to a hardcore Madden fan like myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X