PDA

View Full Version : Madden 11

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 09:44 AM
All,

My work does not allow me to get to EA anymore so I can not read anything about the game. I had a few questions and was hoping I could get some answers.

1. Online Franchise can you import draft classes from NCAA, and is it better than last years. In other words is it like online dynasty but madden?

2. How is the game play with the bills

3. Any word on player progression last madden game I really played for awhile was 06 and that game sucked in terms of player progression.

4. Is the game fun or is it like 08 where there is just so much crap to do in preaseason and the season that it is more work than fun. NCAA made the interface better this year and made it more streamlined which is really nice.

Any other opinions would be great, I used to love Madden but NCAA took over because I love building up crappy teams to power houses. Madden also frustrated me because teams would not resign players they should like franchise QBs, draft very unrealistically, and it just got dumb.

Buffalogic
08-11-2010, 09:49 AM
I've played a couple games.

The gameplay feels smoother than last year. More explosion plays.

If you are good on the sticks you can really break some defender ankles.

CJ Spiller is a beast start him on every down as well as kr. I ran 3 kicks back with CJ my second game and 2 with him on the first.

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree with Wagon Circler, the gameplay is smoother and the big difference to me is that the blocking is much better and u can actually read blocks more this year.

Negatives: They did not touch the Franchise mode, Superstar mode or online franchise at all, whicj kinda sucks because the franchise modes are my favorite parts and they seemed to already be a bit neglected in the past versions. The ign.com review agreed with my thoughts in that they seemed to gear the game towards a much more casual fan. The major improvement they made was that they allow you, if you so choose, to let the computer to choose your plays and quicken the pace of the game...however for people like me and most others I know, this "major improvement" is worthless because the best part of the game is trying to choose plays to beat the defense.

all in all, its a fairly solid game and if you liked last year's madden, you'll probably like this one, but for real football junkies this game isnt any better at all than the 2010 version, which is kindof disappointing.

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I've played a couple games.

The gameplay feels smoother than last year. More explosion plays.

If you are good on the sticks you can really break some defender ankles.

CJ Spiller is a beast start him on every down as well as kr. I ran 3 kicks back with CJ my second game and 2 with him on the first.

what difficulty you playing on.

Any update on online franchise mode, or player progression which has been horrible in years past.

DesertFox24
08-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I agree with Wagon Circler, the gameplay is smoother and the big difference to me is that the blocking is much better and u can actually read blocks more this year.

Negatives: They did not touch the Franchise mode, Superstar mode or online franchise at all...the ign.com review agreed with my thoughts in that they seemed to gear the game towards a much more casual fan. The major improvement they made was that they allow you, if you so choose, to let the computer to choose your plays and quicken the pace of the game...however for people like me and most others I know, this "major improvement" is worthless because the best part of the game is trying to choose plays to beat the defense.

all in all, its a fairly solid game and if you liked last year's madden, you'll probably like this one, but for real football junkies this game isnt any better at all than the 2010 version, which is kindof disappointing.

Well that pretty much makes me not want to get it since they did not touch online franchise, which they said they would. Oh well maybe I will get Madden 12 hopefully we will not be the second worst team in the game.

madness
08-11-2010, 10:17 AM
They didn't touch the online franchise at all? Still no contracts, trade logic, etc? :mad:

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
oh and one other thing...at least with PS3...Idk if this was the case last year and idk if i'm reading this correctly but it seems that in order to play online, you need to pay another $11 which seems like BS to me..am i seeing this wrong?

Buffalogic
08-11-2010, 10:26 AM
what difficulty you playing on.

Any update on online franchise mode, or player progression which has been horrible in years past.I play on all-pro like the online versus matches.

Like Pinkdogg said the 'gameplan' feature where the computer calls your plays or gives you a simplified play sheet to select from is totally worthless to repeat customers, I think.

They may not have reinvented franchise mode but they spent the most work where it counts and that's on the in game play. If you play your friends a lot head to head then you will appreciate this. They fixed a lot of the irritants that plagued Madden 10.

The one constant negative that holds true this year and every year is that interceptions repeatedly clang of the hands and chests of defenders.

All in all the in game play is improved from 10.

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
They didn't touch the online franchise at all? Still no contracts, trade logic, etc? :mad:

from what i read, no, they didnt touch it at all...gotta pay for my online access first :poop:

madness
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
oh and one other thing...at least with PS3...Idk if this was the case last year and idk if i'm reading this correctly but it seems that in order to play online, you need to pay another $11 which seems like BS to me..am i seeing this wrong?

Free of charge as long as you bought a new copy of the game. The activation code is on the back of the instruction manual.

Beebe's Kid
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Well that pretty much makes me not want to get it since they did not touch online franchise, which they said they would. Oh well maybe I will get Madden 12 hopefully we will not be the second worst team in the game.

There has been changes to OL Dynasty. I have read that it is more like NCAA's, but I haven't messed with it, as I am waiting for my friends to get their copies.

I played 3 preseason, and 1 exhibition games. I played on All-Pro.

The game plays different from last year, and at first I didn't like the look as much, but it started to grow on me.

The Bills got absolutely murdered in the ratings. We have guys in the 50's and 60's all over the place. The awareness is what kills the ratings, and some think that doesn't matter when you are the player, but it sure matters on defense. I guess this is fair, but there are some ratings I take issue with. Troup is rated extremely low, with a "potential" of B, so even if there is a good progression, which I have read is slow, he will never get to be that good. I will say that he has been my most dominating defender, and that even though they are rated low...Carrington, and Moats have played well.

Our receivers, after Evans, are all rated below 64. They also have Hardy as the #2, and Chad Jackson has a spd of 84, which is funny as all I have read about his describes him as a speedster. There are a bunch of players missing. Wang is nowhere to be found, and half of the receivers aren't present. The RB's are done after Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller.

I will say that I struggled with who to have at RB. It is hard to give all three touches. I started putting Spiller and Jackson at WR spots in 4-wide sets....Spiller is a ****ing stud. I returned two kicks of 95+ yds against the Colts. The other returners haven't even come close, for what it's worth.

The QB situation, is as to be expected, dismal at best. Edwards started slow, but I am getting better with him. Brohm came in like a house of fire, and let an 85 yard TD drive going 5 for 5, then promptly threw picks on TERRIBLE passes the next two drive. Fitzy is the fastest so when the pocket collapses, and it will, you can run for your life. Brown...I played him for a qtr and didn't hit on a pass...wasn't his fault, and his TP and TA are the best of the group.

One issue that I had was with defense. It is hard. When you switch to a different player, they stop running. It wasn't every time, but it was more than once, as I watched the opposing RB streak by me.

I will need to play a few more games tonight, and sim a season to let you know on the progression.

There is a very good forum that talks about all sports games, and there is a lot of info on there. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/

Check it out if you have time.

BlackMetalNinja
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
The code for online play should be included with the game. The only way you'd have to pay for it is if you bought a used copy. At least that's been my understanding of it, and that's how the latest UFC game worked.

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Free of charge as long as you bought a new copy of the game. The activation code is on the back of the instruction manual.

ahhhh sweeeet, thanks man you saved me 11 dollars and some embarrassment haha

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM

Negatives: They did not touch the Franchise mode, Superstar mode or online franchise at all, whicj kinda sucks because the franchise modes are my favorite parts and they seemed to already be a bit neglected in the past versions. The ign.com review agreed with my thoughts in that they seemed to gear the game towards a much more casual fan. The major improvement they made was that they allow you, if you so choose, to let the computer to choose your plays and quicken the pace of the game...however for people like me and most others I know, this "major improvement" is worthless because the best part of the game is trying to choose plays to beat the defense.

This allowing the computer to pick your plays isn't anything new anyways. You could always hit x and "ask Madden" for a play. It is worthless.

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
This allowing the computer to pick your plays isn't anything new anyways. You could always hit x and "ask Madden" for a play. It is worthless.

true, they did have that...i will say i tried the Gameplan thing is a little better as far as picking their plays, but yeah as far as a "major improvement" that they are really pushing, it seems pretty disappointing to a hardcore Madden fan like myself.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
true, they did have that...i will say i tried the Gameplan thing is a little better as far as picking their plays, but yeah as far as a "major improvement" that they are really pushing, it seems pretty disappointing to a hardcore Madden fan like myself.
It is just more of the same nonsense they keep pushing on us every year. I hate that Madden has the rights to the NFLPA. The game hasn't improved in 6 years. They add little worthless things like passing cones, and "gameplan". They are all things that took little time and effort to come up with.

It is a no brainer to work on the online franchise mode so that you can play it with you Friends online. Their online franchise mode is a joke.

mikemac2001
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Best madden game i have played in a long time, its actually fun.

i have hated the last 4 years of madden its been boring since the next gen systems came out.

if you havent tried it the online 3v3 or 2v2 mode is a lot of fun its like playing a different game.

The King
08-11-2010, 11:02 AM
It is just more of the same nonsense they keep pushing on us every year. I hate that Madden has the rights to the NFLPA. The game hasn't improved in 6 years. They add little worthless things like passing cones, and "gameplan". They are all things that took little time and effort to come up with.

It is a no brainer to work on the online franchise mode so that you can play it with you Friends online. Their online franchise mode is a joke.

I still think All Pro is better.

madness
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM

Not true. "Ask Madden" was built with only basic play calling logic. Gameflow incorporates Head Coach with play calling logic built practically for every scenario even taking in consideration your opponent's tendencies. You still have control of what plays are called for which situation by using the Game Planning feature.

CAbills
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
You get Gus Johnson announcing!

SaviorEdwards
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
hows the gameplay on the PS2 :scratch:

hydro
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I still think All Pro is better.

Some aspects yes. But the gameplay is terrible.

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
You get Gus Johnson announcing!

actually this is a good point...Gus is sooo much better and I actually havent muted Madden yet, as I always used to play with it on mute bc that other announcer was so boring and terrible.

JCBills
08-11-2010, 03:31 PM

The game comes with an online code on the booklet. Because PS3 has free online and 360 charges, EA likes to nickel and dime quite a bit. If you buy the game used and the online code has already been activated, you have to pay $10 to get another one.

It really is absurd though. They charge for features that used to be standard. If you want your players to progress at maximum pace, it's $2.50, and so on. One of the designers basically admitted (on the madden site) that the core code has been untouched for years, and they don't actually do much work on the game other than adding a new useless feature, which is usually scrapped the next year. They've tweaked it here and there, but the game still has a lot of the problems that past versions have had. Same goes with NCAA, which was shipped out with a certain set of plays (i form play action) leading to a murderous glitch. It's almost like they don't care because they have no competition.

tat2dmike77
08-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I will stick with NCAA11

tat2dmike77
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
The game comes with an online code on the booklet. Because PS3 has free online and 360 charges, EA likes to nickel and dime quite a bit. If you buy the game used and the online code has already been activated, you have to pay $10 to get another one.

It really is absurd though. They charge for features that used to be standard. If you want your players to progress at maximum pace, it's $2.50, and so on. One of the designers basically admitted (on the madden site) that the core code has been untouched for years, and they don't actually do much work on the game other than adding a new useless feature, which is usually scrapped the next year. They've tweaked it here and there, but the game still has a lot of the problems that past versions have had. Same goes with NCAA, which was shipped out with a certain set of plays (i form play action) leading to a murderous glitch. It's almost like they don't care because they have no competition.

Remember the sega NFL 2k those were some good games they had the goal line leap in thier game looooooooooooooooooooooooong before madden did.

Why should they care they know that fans of the leagues will buy thier game or not. There is no other option so deal with it. Which is BS as all football fans know a little compettion never hurt anyone.

sqad5
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I just play tecmo bowl throwback on xbox360 xbla (arcade) great game

SpillerThrills
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
anyone play it on the WII yet? I pre-ordered it but haven't had a chance to go get it yet..

JCBills
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Remember the sega NFL 2k those were some good games they had the goal line leap in thier game looooooooooooooooooooooooong before madden did.

Why should they care they know that fans of the leagues will buy thier game or not. There is no other option so deal with it. Which is BS as all football fans know a little compettion never hurt anyone.

Yep, 2K5 also had toe-drag sideline catches, a muuuuch better blocking and animation system, and was only in what, it's 3rd year at that point?

VeggieMan14
08-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Strategy Pad is the worst on defense you have no time to change your play at all they tried to fix something that wasnt broken with that... sen lee evans on a bunch of slants and streaks hes open all the time but trent cant throw worth ****

mikemac2001
08-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Strategy Pad is the worst on defense you have no time to change your play at all they tried to fix something that wasnt broken with that... sen lee evans on a bunch of slants and streaks hes open all the time but trent cant throw worth ****

there removing it in sept

being patched because people can see if its an Run or Pass

Luisito23
08-12-2010, 12:34 AM
This game, as well as this pathetic franchise is a huge POS!...Glad I won't have to waste 60$ on this garbage.

Crisis
08-12-2010, 01:30 AM
dunno but my 360 freaked out or something and my cd is scratched to ****.

i'm pretty mad.

Syderick
08-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Yep, 2K5 also had toe-drag sideline catches, a muuuuch better blocking and animation system, and was only in what, it's 3rd year at that point?

I liked 2k5 alot, now i'm on pro football 2k8.

JCBills
08-12-2010, 01:35 AM
I liked 2k5 alot, now i'm on pro football 2k8.

Heh, yeah I played the demo of that when it came out, not for me.

People do have updated rosters for NFL 2k5 for both Ps2 and original XBOX, usually costs $ though.

JCBills
08-12-2010, 01:37 AM
dunno but my 360 freaked out or something and my cd is scratched to ****.

i'm pretty mad.

That's why you don't buy a 360. Well one of many reasons.

Crisis
08-12-2010, 01:48 AM
yeah console got hit while it was in there...gonna take it to gamestop or something tomorrow.

hydro
08-12-2010, 08:39 AM
yeah console got hit while it was in there...gonna take it to gamestop or something tomorrow.

Walmart is the easiest place if they have it in stock. I have taken back games there that I didn't even buy from them. As long as you want the same game back there are no questions asked.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Should I get this one or not guys.....

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2010, 08:55 AM
there removing it in sept

being patched because people can see if its an Run or Pass

you know this for sure?? that would be aaaawesome bc i used to be able to shift and call coverages in about 2 seconds and now its tough to just get 1 of those off before the snap

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Should I get this one or not guys.....

in my opinion as far as gameplay goes, its the most fun I've had playing Madden since they introduced the hit/truck stick, so like '05...Its disappointing they didnt change some things but i think its the best Madden on the next-gen consoles.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2010, 08:59 AM
in my opinion as far as gameplay goes, its the most fun I've had playing Madden since they introduced the hit/truck stick, so like '05...Its disappointing they didnt change some things but i think its the best Madden on the next-gen consoles.
Hmmm. I brought like 10 games to trade in so I am going to get it like I do every year, but I am not happy about it.

VeggieMan14
08-12-2010, 09:46 AM
you know this for sure?? that would be aaaawesome bc i used to be able to shift and call coverages in about 2 seconds and now its tough to just get 1 of those off before the snap yea it takes wayt to long and it doesnt help that you only have like 2 seconds to do it

Beebe's Kid
08-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Strategy Pad and Game Flow... epic fails.

I am unable to make all of the necessary adjustments on D. On offense, I am fine, but the adjustments that I can't make on D have cost me games.

Luisito23
08-12-2010, 11:05 AM
i think its the best Madden on the next-gen consoles.

Which is not saying much at all since all the next-gen games have been nothing less than horrible, and disappointing...

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Which is not saying much at all since all the next-gen games have been nothing less than horrible, and disappointing...

this is all too true and id never argue against that, just saying, this one is at least fun to play

djjimkelly
08-12-2010, 09:48 PM
i love the bills but damn are they pathetic in madden i just played a few games with them and they suck spiller is lightning fast in the game.

the play calling screens and so on suck. they try and make too much of it.

i used to be an elite madden player i wont put in time to get good at this game for 2 reasons too many buttons and the bills are terrible

Matthew11
08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
The Bills are terrible, but that makes it more fun, in my eyes. You get to rebuild them. In the last few versions of Madden, I'd always play with a team like the Lions or Raiders so I could rebuild them. This year I can do it with my favorite team! :)

Nighthawk
08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
i love the bills but damn are they pathetic in madden i just played a few games with them and they suck spiller is lightning fast in the game.

the play calling screens and so on suck. they try and make too much of it.

i used to be an elite madden player i wont put in time to get good at this game for 2 reasons too many buttons and the bills are terrible

Spiller is awesome....almost unstoppable...Edwards blows moosecock in the game.

DesertFox24
08-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Question how is player progression?

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I got it and so far am pleasantly surprised. Of course they didn't really do anything that new but the over flow of the game seems to be much better. Run Blocking seems to be improved which I like.

The King
08-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Anyone playing with the Bills? If so which QB did you settle on... although Im not sure it matters since you have about.05 to get rid of the football.

Looks like I'll be drafting a tackle before a QB in 11.

Mahdi
08-24-2010, 09:03 AM
hows the gameplay on the PS2 :scratch:
I bought the game for PS2. Once I popped in the game I realized it didn't have an ONLINE mode which made the game pretty much useless to me. They pretty much are trying to faze out the PS2 users.

I returned the game to Wal-Mart.

Mahdi
08-24-2010, 09:04 AM
The Bills are terrible, but that makes it more fun, in my eyes. You get to rebuild them. In the last few versions of Madden, I'd always play with a team like the Lions or Raiders so I could rebuild them. This year I can do it with my favorite team! :)
You could have re-built the Bills for the last 15 years of Madden.

Pinkerton Security
08-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Anyone playing with the Bills? If so which QB did you settle on... although Im not sure it matters since you have about.05 to get rid of the football.

i always play with the Bills and use Brohm...idk the exact ratings but i think he might have the best deep accuracy rating...I took a QB the next year though because Bell and Meredith both progressed very well for me.

Beebe's Kid
08-24-2010, 10:05 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I had played Edwards for the first half, and was looking at a top 10 pick, then I put in Bad Bad Levi Brown, and made a bit of a run. I also quit playing around and started CJ.

Short passes are your friend. Read the D and make the adjustments, and use CJ or Freddy out of the backfield. I like getting Evans or Parrish in the action on drag routes against man coverage. Use one/both in the slot, and they will usually out run the coverage. Time is always an issue, but it should help.

As far as the LT in draft, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with player progression. D. Bell ended up being a 79, so I rolled with him. I signed an RT in FA and I traded my 2nd rounder and my backup C to Pittsburgh for Pouncey. Pouncey was injured in the last preseason game, and will miss 11 weeks...FML.

The player progression is really pretty good. I ended up having a bit of a QB competition between Brohm, Brown, and Ryan Mallet, who I drafted in the 2nd. Mallet will be a stud, but his rating his rookie year was a 63 or something like that.

Guys will not progress if they don't play, in fact they regress. My team is still rated low, but Chan has things pointing in the right direction on the field, and I am handling the FO, like little Buddy Nix.

madness
08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm still getting through preseason as I'm wrapping up the 2nd season for my online franchise for '10. I have to play my neighbor in the SB then it will be time to move everybody to '11.

Marvelous
08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
The game is awesome but that was almost a given..
---The BILLS DO GET DISSED Because of OVERALL TEAM RATINGS. To keep us Mediocre, certain players HAVE TO GET REALLY REDICULOUS LOW Ratings...
--Example--Torrell Troup is a low 62-ish rating and he was top of the 2nd round.,
Example-cont--Jets very late 2nd round O-lineman is a 74 rating and he was picked almost a whole round lower....This is annoying...
----Did we cut Brad Butler? I cant find him anywhere in the game.. I hope he didnt get really hurt & retire or whatnot..I was M.I.A for early off season...

----The new playcalling system rocks..It took me over an hour to customize the playcalling but i'm rewarded w/ faster play selection.=KUDOS!
--The offseason & Scouting in franchise mode is 100% IDENTICAL as the last 3 years. nOT 1 SINGLE CHANGE After superbowl..This annoys me since i only play franchise...I would play an online franchise if it we're mature enough..

---No speed burst is still a work in progress for me. But i kinda like it...

---They should have added more franchise options like Computer trade offers. Like Head Coah did 2 years ago..That made it more interesting when i was offered Eagles DT Patterson for my 4th rounder or for Josh Reed etc etc...
--All our draft picks are rated very PISS-POOR. Except Siller. Our RB corps are stacked and i wont need a RB in franchise for 10 seasons.And ive never ever been past season 4 or 5 before i restart... Alot of rookies form our draft arent even in the game. And the ones that are are fodder to be released in 1st offseason because of this silly Letter potential system..
--So Maybin is a B, not an A,so he can't go up in rating past 90 if he POWNS..So 89 is the highest any B players will reach...<Gayness!

---The game still is awesome and do the test if you need proof! Put in last years madden for 5 minutes,,then 2011 & you will notice the graphics are very upgraded..
----Some EAsports writer dude told me to do this back in 2004 madden & i did & it works..It always does look improved..But it's obvious they are holding back..They dont wanna put every upgrade into any single year because the know Madden will always be the #1 best seller because it's that popular...bah!
i give it a A- rating.....

madness
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
----Did we cut Brad Butler? I cant find him anywhere in the game.. I hope he didnt get really hurt & retire or whatnot..I was M.I.A for early off season...<gayness!>

He retired.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Brad-Butler-announces-retirement/0f080f29-221d-467a-9e69-7c1d9387d597
</gayness!>

The King
08-30-2010, 02:34 PM
after a terrible 6-10 season with no passing game to speak of... I took Jerrod Johnson even with a 63 rating he torches any scrub that was on that team to start.

Beebe's Kid
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
after a terrible 6-10 season with no passing game to speak of... I took Jerrod Johnson even with a 63 rating he torches any scrub that was on that team to start.

What difficulty level are you on?

The King
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
All Madden.

DynaPaul
08-31-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm unimpressed with Madden again this year. The graphics don't look any better but the controls are a bit smoother and they got rid of the turbo button. The running attack seems more polished but nothing was done with the passing game. There's still too many dropped gimme INTs by the defenders. The play by play announcing is better but now there's also a coordinator who talks about your play choice which is kind of cool at first but quickly becomes annoying. (Especially when you have a few plays you use frequently.)

I really think the NFL made a horrible choice by selling EA the exclusive rights to NFL football games. Without competition EA seems to put in a half assed effort every year.

Beebe's Kid
08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm unimpressed with Madden again this year. The graphics don't look any better but the controls are a bit smoother and they got rid of the turbo button. The running attack seems more polished but nothing was done with the passing game. There's still too many dropped gimme INTs by the defenders. The play by play announcing is better but now there's also a coordinator who talks about your play choice which is kind of cool at first but quickly becomes annoying. (Especially when you have a few plays you use frequently.)

I really think the NFL made a horrible choice by selling EA the exclusive rights to NFL football games. Without competition EA seems to put in a half assed effort every year.
I smell cheese.

If every ball the defenders batted down was an INT, there would be 20 picks/game.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
The game in it's presentation is much better....you can turn off the coordinator speak in options btw.

Gameplay wise? It starts off being more of a challenge but after you play a few games it's same old same old. You can do anything you want on offense and then when you go to All Madden or higher adjusting the sliders you watch the CPU RBs and WRs breaking 6 tackles on their way to TDs.

Franchise mode is deeper on what information is available.

And as much as I like franchise mode it's getting annoying playing the Computer on the sliders being at 18 across, All Madden they're at 15, and winning games 63-59 on average. I make running backs heroes, that's all I gotta say and end up throwing for almost 500 yards a game.

By the way in a season, I'd be lucky to get 8 picks for my whole team. That's all bumping up the difficulty does for the most part, you can't tackle as cleanly, your corners can't catch and the running game gets clamped down. I've noticed zero difference in my ability to throw the ball against the computer.