PDA

View Full Version : Another article about the Bills sucking..

hdeep9213
08-12-2010, 07:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Worst-teams-of-2010-NFL-season?GT1=39002

If I was Chan I would have this article posted on each players locker....No respect..

Jeff1220
08-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Can't really argue w/most of what he says, except that he completely overlooks the RB position as one of strength on this team. He mentions the Bills' strength at DB, but not Freddie/Marshawn/CJ?

WeAreArthurMoates
08-12-2010, 08:00 AM
I stopped reading after he said he didn't do anything for the NT position besides shift Kyle Williams over.

Raptor
08-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I mean what can you really argue for us not being one of the top 4 5 worst teams in the league?

This is what we have going for us

-One of not the best group of RB's in the league
-Top 3 secondary
-A young up and coming Interior OL
-L.Evans
-A coach who actually has a clue about offense

Heres what we have going against us

-New Defensive System being learned
-New Offensive System being learned
-No WR has shown anything besides Evans
-TE is still a Question mark
-Not a starting caliber OT on the entire roster
-No starting caliber QB on the roster(this is a massive minus)
-The best fit for a NT is a rookie
-Little to no depth everywhere but RB and DB
-A general lack of elite talent
-The rest of our Div added a lot of fire power or maintained the firepower they have

I mean that is a **** load to overcome. I think we are starring down the barrel of a 3-5 win season. It sucks but that is the reality of the situation we are in. My only hope is Spiller turns out to be everything we think he can be because at least he'll make it exciting every Sunday.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I think the year that we destryed the Pats in week 1 everyone after that game predicted us to go to the Superbowl.

Well the Pats went and we finished 8-8. These writers know squat.

The Bills have no o-line and that is going to destry us again this year. With that said we'll end up around 23rd in the league which is 6-7 wins.

We aren't going to lose 13 games. I promise you that.

psubills62
08-12-2010, 09:19 AM
First of all, this guy is way too full of himself, as evidenced by this paragraph:

Hate, piss and moan all you want, but I’m a necessary evil. I’m that one friend who tells it to you like it is. I’m your buddy who pulls you aside and makes you change that terrible Facebook profile photo of you funneling a beer out of a hollowed-out wiffle ball bat. I’m the guy who lets you know it’s not the summer of 2006 and you shouldn’t still be doing that Borat imitation for the women at the bar. I’m the dude who saves you anguish of shattered August dreams by telling you the hard and ugly truth: Your team stinks and there’s a chance they could lose every game this season.

Secondly, the other posters are correct in that he ignores some things to make his point. He mentions the lack of weight at NT thanks to Kyle Williams, but never mentions Troup except to say there are no experienced backups. So basically he focuses on the negatives both ways.

Thirdly, if he ends up being absolutely right and these are the 3 teams with the top 3 picks, I actually have no problem with that. Because the two positions that we desperately need (QB, OT), both of these teams are pretty well set at. Bucs have Freeman and Penn, Rams have Bradford, Smith, and Saffold. So the player we pick will almost certainly be the same whether we pick 1st or 3rd. Though I shouldn't be so certain - Nix and co. have proven that they don't draft for need. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them go WR in the first round next year, if that's where they feel the talent is.

justasportsfan
08-12-2010, 09:24 AM
I mean what can you really argue for us not being one of the top 4 5 worst teams in the league?

-Top 3 secondary
-L.Evans

-The rest of our Div added a lot of fire power or maintained the firepower they have

I mean that is a **** load to overcome. I think we are starring down the barrel of a 3-5 win season. It sucks but that is the reality of the situation we are in. My only hope is Spiller turns out to be everything we think he can be because at least he'll make it exciting every Sunday.

Well said.

Respect is earned and we can't start earining it until the regular season starts.

Zero
08-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I wouldnt mind losing 13+ games and getting a top 3 pick. I figure, if we're gonna rebuild then lets bottom out and reload with quality players. Of course the draft is a crap shoot, but you cant argue that your chances oflanding better players improves with draft positioning. I can't help but think how San Diego, NY Giants, Indy all turned their fortunes around after posting crappy seasons.

Ingtar33
08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
its looking like a 4 -6 win season and drafting at about 7-10 again.

In a few weeks i'll nail it down... but the o-line horrifies me.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 06:24 AM

-Top 3 secondary
-L.Evans

One of the best encapsulations of our current situation I have ever seen. :clap:

X-Era
08-13-2010, 06:28 AM
First of all, this guy is way too full of himself, as evidenced by this paragraph:

Secondly, the other posters are correct in that he ignores some things to make his point. He mentions the lack of weight at NT thanks to Kyle Williams, but never mentions Troup except to say there are no experienced backups. So basically he focuses on the negatives both ways.

Thirdly, if he ends up being absolutely right and these are the 3 teams with the top 3 picks, I actually have no problem with that. Because the two positions that we desperately need (QB, OT), both of these teams are pretty well set at. Bucs have Freeman and Penn, Rams have Bradford, Smith, and Saffold. So the player we pick will almost certainly be the same whether we pick 1st or 3rd. Though I shouldn't be so certain - Nix and co. have proven that they don't draft for need. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them go WR in the first round next year, if that's where they feel the talent is.

Lets not forget thats its the media which often screws up the names or simply looks at the listed weight on BB.com. Kyle Williams is over 300 pounds by more than last year, you can look at him and know that. Id say he's easy 315-320... and at 6' 1" he's well in the size requirements for the NT position.

X-Era
08-13-2010, 06:30 AM
its looking like a 4 -6 win season and drafting at about 7-10 again.

In a few weeks i'll nail it down... but the o-line horrifies me.

Id go more toward 4. I agree on the OL. Injuries will happen this year in that unit and one loss, god forbid two, and we are looking at last years merry-go-round of rooks and un-drafteds.

4 wins probably puts us top 5 in next years draft, maybe even top 3.

Demon
08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Worst-teams-of-2010-NFL-season?GT1=39002

If I was Chan I would have this article posted on each players locker....No respect..

Is there anything he said that you disagree with? He pretty much hit it right on the nail i think. Steve Johnson a #2 NFL WR? Really?

Hogwasher
08-13-2010, 12:50 PM
I dont care what these media tools have to say. Morons can be literate, too. We are gonna hit some people in the mouth this year.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2010, 12:52 PM
I think the year that we destryed the Pats in week 1 everyone after that game predicted us to go to the Superbowl.

Well the Pats went and we finished 8-8. These writers know squat.

The Bills have no o-line and that is going to destry us again this year. With that said we'll end up around 23rd in the league which is 6-7 wins.

We aren't going to lose 13 games. I promise you that.

Lose 14? 15?

mightysimi
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I wouldnt mind losing 13+ games and getting a top 3 pick. I figure, if we're gonna rebuild then lets bottom out and reload with quality players. Of course the draft is a crap shoot, but you cant argue that your chances oflanding better players improves with draft positioning. I can't help but think how San Diego, NY Giants, Indy all turned their fortunes around after posting crappy seasons.

That's what I say too. We are even bad at being ****ty. If we are going to rebuild, and we are going to be bad for another couple years, at least be bad and get one of the best players at their positions. Maybe with a sweet rookie salary cap.

trapezeus
08-13-2010, 01:11 PM
if you took the current bills roster and put them in 2009, they'd be a 3 win team for sure against the roster they are playing..

but the ridiculous number of unknowns where seemingly good teams implode (i'm looking at you jets), and some teams that have no business being good step up (hopefully the bills) does in fact exist. So now what? i think you have the weight the expectation towards the bills being closer to a 3 win season than 13, but there is enough out there that if they are hot out the gates, get some confidence, and the crappy oline continues to build and gain confidence (i'm with ingtar on this, "most unlikely") we could be the sleeper.

and that is why we watch these games.