PDA

View Full Version : OP, just admit it!!

HHURRICANE
08-12-2010, 10:38 AM
You are as excited as a little kid on Christmas just waiting to watch the Bills tommorrow.

Deep down inside you are a huge optimismist with dreams of the Superbowl for our 2010 Bills!!

You can't fool us with all of your reality and critiques.

You probably have your Roscoe Parrish jersey on at work right now just thinking about him busting punts for big TDs!!!

:D

trapezeus
08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
even if you are hoping for the best, isn't preseason a little early for the hopes and dreams part?

I've had season tickets for a while, and i don't think i've ever attended a preseason game in my life.

my real excitement kicks in the saturday before the first game of the season.

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 11:12 AM
even if you are hoping for the best, isn't preseason a little early for the hopes and dreams part?

I've had season tickets for a while, and i don't think i've ever attended a preseason game in my life.

beggars can't be choosers- between the Skins and Baltimore, the Bills play nearby about once every two years, on average, so I have to take what I can get.

As far as being excited- well, I always have dreams of Super Bowl glory- I just don't see any reason to realistically expect it to happen. And this team has really tempered my enthusiasm the last few years.

Basically, I'm going into the game looking for some reason to get excited for the upcoming season. I'm not expecting to see perfection, but I'd like to see 2-3 plays out of our NT's. I'd like to see Maybin at least get a hurry or a knockdown on the QB. I'd like to see our first string OL give Trent adequate time to throw on at least a couple plays- basically, anything to suggest we're moving in the right direction and won't be complete pushovers this season.

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
and my Parrish jersey is dirty, so I'm wearing my Whitner jersey now and I'll change to my Bell jersey when I get home.

DesertFox24
08-12-2010, 11:56 AM
beggars can't be choosers- between the Skins and Baltimore, the Bills play nearby about once every two years, on average, so I have to take what I can get.

As far as being excited- well, I always have dreams of Super Bowl glory- I just don't see any reason to realistically expect it to happen. And this team has really tempered my enthusiasm the last few years.

Basically, I'm going into the game looking for some reason to get excited for the upcoming season. I'm not expecting to see perfection, but I'd like to see 2-3 plays out of our NT's. I'd like to see Maybin at least get a hurry or a knockdown on the QB. I'd like to see our first string OL give Trent adequate time to throw on at least a couple plays- basically, anything to suggest we're moving in the right direction and won't be complete pushovers this season.

Well with 3/5 of the projected starting OL not playing it is going to be hard to get a gauge on them. However, if Trent gets decent time with this unit we could be ok with the starters. Hopefully Bell and Wood play in preseason game 3 and 4

trapezeus
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
isn't it worth just coming back to the buffalo area for a game or two than watch preseason ball?

BillsWin
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I like the new HH. He's happy all the time.

Psssssst... Nobody mention Jason Peters...

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
isn't it worth just coming back to the buffalo area for a game or two than watch preseason ball?

yeah but Sept is always our busiest month so I can't get time off and then my wife doesn't like to go when it gets too cold, so it's difficult to time. More importantly, by the time we buy tickets, pay for gas (or flights and a rental car), pay for 1 or 2 nights in a hotel, buy food, etc, it turns into a $5-600 weekend. I have a hard time spending that much money on something that's most likely going to end with me being pissed off.

madness
08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd like to see our first string OL give Trent adequate time to throw on at least a couple plays- basically, anything to suggest we're moving in the right direction and won't be complete pushovers this season.

Request denied. Bell, Wood and Green have all been ruled out for Friday.

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2010, 12:40 PM
You are as excited as a little kid on Christmas just waiting to watch the Bills tommorrow.

Deep down inside you are a huge optimismist with dreams of the Superbowl for our 2010 Bills!!

You can't fool us with all of your reality and critiques.

You probably have your Roscoe Parrish jersey on at work right now just thinking about him busting punts for big TDs!!!

:D
even i don't believe that and i am king of the homers.

ublinkwescore
08-12-2010, 12:47 PM

I have trouble sleeping the saturday night before opening day every year... like a kid before christmas day - unfortunately, the bills have given me coal in my shoes more often than that 1 highly demanded, awesome gift that stores can't keep in stock every year (which would for me be a dominant superbowl win).

ublinkwescore
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
and my Parrish jersey is dirty, so I'm wearing my Whitner jersey now and I'll change to my Bell jersey when I get home.

You are joking about owning a bell jersey right?

HHURRICANE
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I like the new HH. He's happy all the time.

Psssssst... Nobody mention Jason Peters...

That's funny as crap. You made the Jason Peters refernce just small enough that I missed it the first time. Very good.

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
You are joking about owning a bell jersey right?

ha of course- I'm joking about all those jerseys. Those 3 are probably the players I rip on the most, which is why I used them.

The only current jersey I have is Evans. I also still wear Kelly and Bruce, although my Bruce one is falling apart and I probably need to replace it.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2010, 01:04 PM

I think you should wear your Tim Anderson jersey during the game.

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Request denied. Bell, Wood and Green have all been ruled out for Friday.

From what I've heard, I'm not missing anything with Green.

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I think you should wear your Tim Anderson jersey during the game.

I sold it. Demand was so high that they were going for $500 on Ebay and I just couldn't resist.

trapezeus
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah but Sept is always our busiest month so I can't get time off and then my wife doesn't like to go when it gets too cold, so it's difficult to time. More importantly, by the time we buy tickets, pay for gas (or flights and a rental car), pay for 1 or 2 nights in a hotel, buy food, etc, it turns into a $5-600 weekend. I have a hard time spending that much money on something that's most likely going to end with me being pissed off.

that's pretty much why i didn't go back for a single game last year. the idea of taking the jetblue flight that inevitably will be delayed wondering was too much, especially with Jauron at the helm. i couldn't justify paying for the flight, paying for the cab ride home and all the lost hours in the weekend from traveling. i had had enough of watching the same things sink the team week in and week out.

not totally though, cause i got the directv online package to watch games from home. but i found being able to turn the game off after it was done and resume life in my own home greatly helped me not take the losses uber personally.

Beebe's Kid
08-12-2010, 03:53 PM

How did get your Parrish jersey dirty...he wants to know.

OpIv37
08-13-2010, 06:53 AM
How did get your Parrish jersey dirty...he wants to know.

the same way every fan's football jersey gets dirty- I spilled beer on it.