PDA

View Full Version : Bills focus on basic training

justasportsfan
08-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Five linemen get set inside a metal frame that stretches about 18 feet across and about 3• feet high. They fire off the line of scrimmage, out from under the framework, to practice on staying low and driving off the snap.

"We do it every day ... and I love it," said Bills center Geoff Hangartner, with a strong dose of sarcasm in his voice. "As much as we maybe make some comments about the chutes and how not fun they are, I think it definitely helps you train your body. It's all about training your body to do the things you want it to do, just as with any sport. So you're training your body to stay low and fire off the ball."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article99465.ece

wmoz11
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Our linemen in college used to piss and moan about the chutes. I used to love watching them suffer while we did pass skelly :rofl:

trapezeus
08-12-2010, 11:15 AM
read this article. yet another very basic thing that jauron didn't like to do. what in god's name was going on at those camps? cookies and music?

better days
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
read this article. yet another very basic thing that jauron didn't like to do. what in god's name was going on at those camps? cookies and music?

Followed by a nap.

OpIv37
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Is there anyone who still doubts that Club Jauron was real? I'm surprised he didn't install a pool with a swim-up bar on the 50 yard line at SJF.

trapezeus
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
i just don't get what he did at all. he didn't coach fundamentals. he didn't do any simulated game play, he didn't like contact. What else is there to do, aside from the clapping.

I really want thsi guy to be interviewed by a serious journalist and hold him to this. "dick, all your former players who were so pro jauron are throwing you under the bus. they all claim very basic training camp things didn't happen....ever. No goalline practices, no audibles, no pad practice, no fundamental developing. Do you want to refute this? They make you look like a complete idiot."

psubills62
08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
What did Jauron's coaches do during practice? Did they talk to the players at all?

To me, this explains some things. There were always little problems that cropped up at first and I would tell myself, "Oh, that's pretty easily correctable, the coaches can fix that before the next game." But it would keep coming up, week after week after week. The one big example that comes to mind was pre-snap penalties last year. I'm sure sometimes the players are at fault if they just don't learn, but repeated trends seem to point to the coaching staff, imo.

Commissioner
08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
What did Jauron's coaches do during practice? Did they talk to the players at all?

To me, this explains some things. There were always little problems that cropped up at first and I would tell myself, "Oh, that's pretty easily correctable, the coaches can fix that before the next game." But it would keep coming up, week after week after week. The one big example that comes to mind was pre-snap penalties last year. I'm sure sometimes the players are at fault if they just don't learn, but repeated trends seem to point to the coaching staff, imo.

I remember Demetrius Bell lining up off the line of scrimmage 2 plays in a row.

FlyingDutchman
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Hangartner shouldnt be sarcastic, maybe now he'll stop getting blown off the ball